To all the haters...

To all the haters...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Sophie Lone.8576

Sophie Lone.8576

As I make my daily runs on the forums of Guild Wars 2 I always come across several posts that consist of topics (or end up becoming topics) of the following, the game is dying, the game is loosing players, if Anet does not release some good content soon the game is done, the game sucks and always will because of bla bla bla. You get my point. To all those people who try to bring down Guild Wars 2 by claiming that the game is dying or its empty, just stop. The game is no where near dying and STILL has a very bright future. Now my proof. (which tons of haters forget to put in their arguments about how the game is dying)

Guild Wars 2 has been around for almost a year now. Some might think this is a long time but for a good high quality MMO like Guild Wars 2, one year is almost nothing to the 7-10 years expected. (Wow is also a very high quality MMO and has lasted over 10 years and the original guild wars lasted 8 and still goes on) In most games (especially mmos) the game releases, sees a high number of sales, the game sales die out after a few months if not shorter, and then the company must do something to get players interested again. (going free to play) Signs of an mmo loosing its player base and dying are the following, LACK of content, cuts to dev team, low sales after the game being out for only a few months. Guild wars 2 has NONE of these. In fact content has seen an increase (going from monthly to every 2 weeks) sales almost as high as sales were during release months later (Christmas sales) and Anet is still hiring! Yes sales have scene a decrease in the first quarter of 2013 but what do you expect? Even the all mighty WoW had sales decrease almost a year after release. So now to the haters who say the player base is not active…

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/473/feature/7432/Consistent-Steady-Growth-Puts-Us-in-a-Good-Place.html/page/1

This interview was from today. From the interview the following were stated by Colin Johnson
Over three million copies of Guild Wars 2 have already been sold
WvW populations are going up. In fact, the numbers are nearly equal to those the game featured in October.
PvP populations have risen by 3% each weekend over the past several weekends.
Does this sound like a game dying? So to sum it up, stop kittening about how the game is dying and empty cause its NOT, its growing. Thanks for reading and Cantha FTW.

To all the haters...

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

Viva la Guild Wars 2!

To all the haters...

Posted by: StormageddonBK.9842

StormageddonBK.9842

I think Iron Maiden said it best…

“…as soon as you’re born you’re dying…”

So the game is dying along with everything else in the universe. T-T

To all the haters...

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

This is just as pointless as the “hater” threads. Unless GW2 is putting food on your table why do you care?

Whispers with meat.

To all the haters...

Posted by: killcannon.2576

killcannon.2576

The game isn’t dying, but there are issues.

It’s true that there is always a portion of the forums who never want to discuss issues, but instead wish to stick their head in the sand and loudly proclaim “There’s nothing wrong” “If you don’t like it leave” “All you guys do is whine”

There’s also a portion of the forums who will always proclaim “The game is dying” “The game is completely broken” “No one wants to play this game”. All they want to do is see the game fail, for whatever reason they have.

Neither side is productive on the forums. Neither side bring anything meaningful to discussions about issues within the game. Neither side should be taken seriously.

(edited by killcannon.2576)

To all the haters...

Posted by: Scourge.4317

Scourge.4317

It’s always odd that there is always a portion of the forums who never want to discuss issues, but instead wish to stick their head in the sand and loudly proclaim “There’s nothing wrong” “If you don’t like it leave” “All you guys do is whine”

There’s also a portion of the forums who will always proclaim “The game is dying” “The game is completely broken” “No one wants to play this game”. All they want to do is see the game fail, for whatever reason they have.

Neither side is productive on the forums. Neither side bring anything meaningful to discussions about issues within the game. Neither side should be taken seriously.

It would be great if we had more constructive post to help make the game even better than it already is but that doesn’t happen very often. What we do get a lot of though are people who try to blow problems way out of proportion. We have people who proclaim the game is dead, dying and beyond repair simply because they no longer like the game. And all it does is drive potential players away. Not really that difficult to make a constructive post about something you would like to see fixed or changed.

To all the haters...

Posted by: Sophie Lone.8576

Sophie Lone.8576

This is just as pointless as the “hater” threads. Unless GW2 is putting food on your table why do you care?

Because when all these people are making these crazy comments about the state of the game and they are no where true it hurts the community as some will believe these comments and stop playing or convince players that want to start playing that the game is a dead bug filled world. I want to see criticism but not ridiculous statements.

To all the haters...

killcannon.2576

Because when all these people are making these crazy comments about the state of the game and they are no where true it hurts the community as some will believe these comments and stop playing or convince players that want to start playing that the game is a dead bug filled world. I want to see criticism but not ridiculous statements.

It hurts the community just as much to wave off all of these comments as “crazy” and “no where true”. Most comments have at least a grain of truth somewhere in them.

To all the haters...

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

It’s true that there is always a portion of the forums who never want to discuss issues, but instead wish to stick their head in the sand and loudly proclaim “There’s nothing wrong” “If you don’t like it leave” “All you guys do is whine”

I agree with this. However, due to human nature, forums are always going to be more negative than positive and as such they’ll tend to show the worst of the game instead of the best of the game. Forums have become the “complaints” department.

Most people don’t stop playing the game to say I’m having a good time on the forums. People who aren’t having a good time have more time to post on the forums. So the forums will always be skewed.

People who don’t realize this and come to the forums might be given a completely wrong idea of what the game is actually like. Simply put, if you’re checking out a game, and you’re not a “free thinker” and you come to the forums and see five or six posts that says the content isn’t hard enough, you might judge the game by that.

Of course that might be on a day when the content is too hard posts don’t happen to be around.

If you say the game is dying enough, some people might believe it, even though there’s not a shred of evidence to support the statement. This is my problem with the forums.

Problems can be discussed reasonably and rationally without hyperbole or exaggeration.

People have called me out for posting in every negative thread. Well, I post a lot and most threads are negative so it’s sort of inevitable that most threads I post in would be the same.

In reality, saying stuff like this game has more bugs than any other MMO is not constructive (nor true), saying stuff like this specific bug needs to be fixed, very well might be.

It’s all about language.

To all the haters...

Vayne.8563

Yep. I’m enjoying the game. I’d like to give other people at least a chance to enjoy the game too. I know people who weren’t enjoying the game until they stopped coming to the forums. Then they enjoyed the game.

There’s a reason for that

To all the haters...

Posted by: Burnfall.9573

Burnfall.9573

To OP,
————

Let me ask you this OP,

Who sold more copies; Guild Wars 1 or Guild Wars 2?

Obviously

Guild Wars1> 6 million copies
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guild_Wars_

http://video-games.findthebest.com/q/396/2744/How-many-copies-of-Guild-Wars-the-video-game-were-sold

Lett me ask you this OP,

How much percentage of sales did Guild Wars 2 lose since release?

Obviously

“both North America and Europe dropped dramatically, from 25% to 13% and 18% to 8% respectively”
http://www.vg247.com/2013/05/13/ncsoft-q1-guild-wars-2-sales-flatten-but-profits-up/

Let me ask you this Op

Who won more Awards, Guild Wars 1 or Guild Wars 2?

Obviosuly

Guild Wars 1> 21 Awards
http://www.guildwars.com/events/press/awards/

Guild wars 2> 8 Awards
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/media/awards/

Let me ask you this OP

Are we the community “Haters” OP?

Obviously

Not
————-

All we Ever asked is, where is the “manifesto” that were promised?

Does that make us “haters” for voicing our frustrations and concern of being deceived and lied to?

Obviously

Not

Advocate of Justice, Liberty and Truth

(edited by Burnfall.9573)

To all the haters...

Posted by: StormageddonBK.9842

StormageddonBK.9842

If there is growth it’s probably in Korea…

To all the haters...

killcannon.2576

I agree with this. However, due to human nature, forums are always going to be more negative than positive and as such they’ll tend to show the worst of the game instead of the best of the game. Forums have become the “complaints” department.

Most people don’t stop playing the game to say I’m having a good time on the forums. People who aren’t having a good time have more time to post on the forums. So the forums will always be skewed.

People who don’t realize this and come to the forums might be given a completely wrong idea of what the game is actually like. Simply put, if you’re checking out a game, and you’re not a “free thinker” and you come to the forums and see five or six posts that says the content isn’t hard enough, you might judge the game by that.

Of course that might be on a day when the content is too hard posts don’t happen to be around.

If you say the game is dying enough, some people might believe it, even though there’s not a shred of evidence to support the statement. This is my problem with the forums.

Problems can be discussed reasonably and rationally without hyperbole or exaggeration.

People have called me out for posting in every negative thread. Well, I post a lot and most threads are negative so it’s sort of inevitable that most threads I post in would be the same.

In reality, saying stuff like this game has more bugs than any other MMO is not constructive (nor true), saying stuff like this specific bug needs to be fixed, very well might be.

It’s all about language.

Forums need all kinds, both the negative and positive. They should be used as less of a “complaint box” or “compliment box” and more as an area for players to discuss problems and issues between themselves, optimally with some developer feedback as well.

Ideas and solutions can spring from healthy debate on most subjects, which not only allows for an outlet of tensions from some players, but also allows developers to see where some design decisions are impacting players favorably or negatively. While forums should never be used as the only form of information for a developer, they are a valuable tool to gauge player reaction to game mechanics and ideas.

To all the haters...

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

The Game is not Dead…yet?

The game is slowly losing players for multiple reasons..

The game has very little Longevity, after the 80 levels of grind (some enjoy it, i did when the game opened, now its changed) to get to end game there is very little to keep a player here.

Dungeons and Fotm are fun the first few times, then its grind them to get nice things.
PvP and WvW are very Bias class wise and only appeal to a select Audience.
Open World frankly is a grind now due to loot restrictions, and really only serves as a route to 80, after that it has very little use bar grinding mats..

Depth and Mechanics in this game are very shallow, professions are lopsided/unbalanced and traits are very limited, as in builds are restricted to a small number of skills with very little changes as very few classes have multiple viable ways to play with most skills being quite useless bar a few, changing your character becomes a chore and is very expensive gear wise, and even nine months into GW2 many Classes are still really broken badly and not being looked at for months on end..

The Games Economy is really poor on new players/casuals and every single way of getting money is stamped out as fast as its found, the trading post is terrible and also its the only way of buying and selling in this game, is totally controlled by certain individuals that have amassed fortunes early on in the game..Trading post flippers have free reign to raise the economy till it breaks with no one stopping them..

While i agree with you OP the whining does get tiresome, if nobody did it nothing would get done, the game has had a plethora of fixes and nerfs (some of which were needed no matter what players say) many of which may not have been added without players coming here to complain and ask for things fixed. In a perfect world it would be great to not have to complain to get things done but its far from a perfect world.

Guildwars 2 could have been a successor to Guildwars but much of what was wanted was removed to fit a more generic MMO experience sadly with no substance as of yet, I personally believe temporary content wont hold players for very long..

(edited by Dante.1508)

To all the haters...

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Really? There are two types of posts on an internet forum. One type, maybe 1-2% of posts, contain information (numbers, usually). The rest are opinions. Some of the opinions are backed up by statements, some aren’t. Anyone convinced by forum posts that lack any substance is so gullible that I don’t even want to think about it. As for negative comments, I’ll dispute their information or conclusions if I think they’re wrong, but I will not tell them to shut up. I won’t tell you to, either, but I will question the value of complaining about complaining.

To all the haters...

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

To OP,
————

Let me ask you this OP,

Obviously

http://video-games.findthebest.com/q/396/2744/How-many-copies-of-Guild-Wars-the-video-game-were-sold

GW1 lasted for 7 years, GW2 is barely a year. So of course gw1 will sell more than gw2. Read the article “Total sales”, which means sales from day 1 until the current time that article was posted.

Lett me ask you this OP,

Obviously

“both North America and Europe dropped dramatically, from 25% to 13% and 18% to 8% respectively”
http://www.vg247.com/2013/05/13/ncsoft-q1-guild-wars-2-sales-flatten-but-profits-up/

All games experience a dip after their release. This is expected and even GW1 had this. You can’t say obviously it’s GW2 without providing the data from GW1 to show that GW1 did NOT drop in sales at some point in time.

Let me ask you this Op

Obviosuly

Guild Wars 1> 21 Awards

Guild wars 2> 8 Awards

Obviously A number of those awards were awarded in 2005. Some were in 2006. And even then, not all were awarded during the same time. Some were awarded in July 2005, August 2006, some were in May 2006. Yep, totally fair to compare a game not even out for a year with a game that has received multiple awards in two different years now.

Let me ask you this OP

Obviously

Not

So, yea… really?

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

To all the haters...

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

penatbater

Obviously,

You’ve made your choice in Sympathizing, Advocating and Defending the Manipulations, Lies and Deceptions.

I’m sure their Promise of "Manifesto” were Fulfilled to you.

“So, yea… really”?

In what part from my reply did I say “I like GW2 and will support it all the way”? By refuting you? Those aren’t mutually exclusive you know. What I merely did was break your case down. Because it’s wrong/incorrect/illogical/unfair and unnecessary. What I did with your arguments has nothing to do with my feelings for the game.

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

(edited by Moderator)

To all the haters...

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

1. I’ve never let a forum be the deciding factor on whether or not I try a game. I think this is common.

2.I do watch for a trend in negative feedback , as all games have issues and if I do try it, I want to know what to look for and what the devs are doing about it. Even some of the more bitter threads can make valid points.

Those people who paid money just like you should be quiet about their experience? Using dismissive and loaded labels like “crazy” and “haters” doesn’t strengthen your argument, especially when all you have is PR spin to make your case. We, as players, regardless of our stance, can speculate all day on how the game is actually doing. So once again, I don’t really see the point of the thread, no offense.

Whispers with meat.

To all the haters...

Vayne.8563

The Game is not Dead…yet?

The game is slowly losing players for multiple reasons..

The game has very little Longevity, after the 80 levels of grind (some enjoy it, i did when the game opened, now its changed) to get to end game there is very little to keep a player here.

Dungeons and Fotm are fun the first few times, then its grind them to get nice things.
PvP and WvW are very Bias class wise and only appeal to a select Audience.
Open World frankly is a grind now due to loot restrictions, and really only serves as a route to 80, after that it has very little use bar grinding mats..

Depth and Mechanics in this game are very shallow, professions are lopsided/unbalanced and traits are very limited, as in builds are restricted to a small number of skills with very little changes as very few classes have multiple viable ways to play with most skills being quite useless bar a few, changing your character becomes a chore and is very expensive gear wise, and even nine months into GW2 many Classes are still really broken badly and not being looked at for months on end..

The Games Economy is really poor on new players/casuals and every single way of getting money is stamped out as fast as its found, the trading post is terrible and also its the only way of buying and selling in this game, is totally controlled by certain individuals that have amassed fortunes early on in the game..Trading post flippers have free reign to raise the economy till it breaks with no one stopping them..

While i agree with you OP the whining does get tiresome, if nobody did it nothing would get done, the game has had a plethora of fixes and nerfs (some of which were needed no matter what players say) many of which may not have been added without players coming here to complain and ask for things fixed. In a perfect world it would be great to not have to complain to get things done but its far from a perfect world.

Guildwars 2 could have been a successor to Guildwars but much of what was wanted was removed to fit a more generic MMO experience sadly with no substance as of yet, I personally believe temporary content wont hold players for very long..

Where is your evidence of slowly losing players? Or where is your evidence of slowly losing players faster than gaining new ones anyway?

Oh you have none? Thought not.

To all the haters...

Vayne.8563

To OP,
————

Let me ask you this OP,

Obviously

Lett me ask you this OP,

Obviously

Let me ask you this Op

Obviosuly

Guild Wars 1> 21 Awards

Guild wars 2> 8 Awards

Let me ask you this OP

Obviously

Not
————-

Does that make us “haters” for voicing our frustrations and concern of being deceived and lied to?

Obviously

Not

Oh, you miss the point entirely. Who sold more copies at this point in time? Guild Wars 1 sold 7 million copies over how many years? They hit that mark in their sixth year. They didn’t sell 3 million copies their first year.

In fact, Guild Wars 1 isn’t a game. How many copies did Prophecies sell at this point in time. I’ll give you a hint. It’s not 3 million (which Guild Wars 2 has already surpassed).

Now let’s talk about awards. Since the competition in this field 8 years ago was tiny compared to what it is now, awards by percentage are meaningless. And some of those awards came later anyway.

So when Guild Wars 1 was 9 month old, how many awards did it have? Bet you cant’ answer that.

Comparing a new MMO to three full games and an expansion makes it look like you’re desperate to prove that Guild Wars 1 was a better game than Guild Wars 2 and you can’t.

Because which game is better is strictly a matter of opinion. I enjoy playing Guild Wars 2 as much as I enjoyed playing Guild Wars 1. I don’t see one game as being better than the other game.

Guild Wars 1 did some things very right and some things very wrong and the same is true of Guild Wars 2. It’s also true of every MMO I’ve ever played.

If you want to compare the games, however, compare the games to Prophecies, 10 months after launch. Thanks.

To all the haters...

killcannon.2576

To OP,
————

Let me ask you this OP,

Obviously

Lett me ask you this OP,

Obviously

Let me ask you this Op

Obviosuly

Guild Wars 1> 21 Awards

Guild wars 2> 8 Awards

Let me ask you this OP

Obviously

Not
————-

Obviously

Not

Oh, you miss the point entirely. Who sold more copies at this point in time? Guild Wars 1 sold 7 million copies over how many years? They hit that mark in their sixth year. They didn’t sell 3 million copies their first year.

In fact, Guild Wars 1 isn’t a game. How many copies did Prophecies sell at this point in time. I’ll give you a hint. It’s not 3 million (which Guild Wars 2 has already surpassed).

Now let’s talk about awards. Since the competition in this field 8 years ago was tiny compared to what it is now, awards by percentage are meaningless. And some of those awards came later anyway.

So when Guild Wars 1 was 9 month old, how many awards did it have? Bet you cant’ answer that.

Comparing a new MMO to three full games and an expansion makes it look like you’re desperate to prove that Guild Wars 1 was a better game than Guild Wars 2 and you can’t.

Because which game is better is strictly a matter of opinion. I enjoy playing Guild Wars 2 as much as I enjoyed playing Guild Wars 1. I don’t see one game as being better than the other game.

Guild Wars 1 did some things very right and some things very wrong and the same is true of Guild Wars 2. It’s also true of every MMO I’ve ever played.

If you want to compare the games, however, compare the games to Prophecies, 10 months after launch. Thanks.

Agree with Vayne.

Why do you see so many GW1 players hating on this game? I would expect more traditional mmo players to be on that bandwagon.

Edit: Besides the obvious “It’s not guild wars one…part two”

(edited by killcannon.2576)

To all the haters...

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

Educate yourself:
http://www.gamespot.com//news/guild-warkittens-3-million-mark-6163168?
GW1 reached 3mil in December 13 2006, 20 months, 1 year and a half, after release.
So
Obviously GW2 > GW1

Read the article you quoted:
“The quarterly sales decline is nothing to be alarmed by, as it is reactionary to the launch of Guild Wars 2 during the last quarter, which triggered a massive spike.”

Obviously
Sales will decrease compared to a game’s launch, that’s not like nuclear physics to understand.

To all the haters...

Posted by: Snowy.9580

Snowy.9580

One line for the OP:
The Secret World has passed GW2 on the MMORPG rankings!

Nuff said!

TSW = Great theme/storys with 2005 graphics.
GW2 = 2013 graphics with no story or gameplay worth a salt. (Add to that that it’s paying for other games like Lineage 17 (it must be that many by now) and that lots of promises were left hanging, I especially like the shooting range in… nevermind, it’s gone, forgotten!).

No doubt the bunnies will stomp me now! (again!). Lol.

We’ll stop to sleep when the game is the best possible game we think it can be.
We’ve been awake since March 2007! Please help!
“GW2 the game with more rolls than roles!”

To all the haters...

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

it’s simple

we kill the batman…

er…

</p>

To all the haters...

Posted by: Veldan.4637

Veldan.4637

Why do you see so many GW1 players hating on this game?

Cause they took everything that was good and/or unique about GW1 and then totally changed it for GW2? Without making any judgment about GW2, I think this can be stated as a fact.

To all the haters...

Burnfall.9573

“Why do you see so many GW1 players hating on this game? I would expect more traditional mmo players to be on that bandwagon”.

Thanks for making it clear that you Never played Gw1

So pretty much, I’ve wasted my time arguing against non-Gw1 players

Deceptions as usual

This should be an ‘Eye-opener’ and a Lesson for the ex gw1 players; the ones who insults, mock and humiliate us for *Opposing the errors/problems in gw2, Knows Nothing About the world of Guild War’- what a waste of arguments.

Shame

As the saying goes, “no point of talking to a person about his existence if he doesn’t know how he got here”

To all the haters...

Posted by: serialkicker.5274

serialkicker.5274

It’s not quite that easy. Maybe it’s not that much about comparing population and how many people left and how many new players joined. The key to success is to keep players in game. Many of “old” players left the game and even tho new players are coming that’s good for temporary, but on a long run, they might quit as well, when they get bored with all the issues that bothered those who left too. There are not unlimited numbers of new players, so once the waves of newcomers ends and if the game won’t be polished and fun enough by that time, they will also leave and here you go, the game is “dying” – not literally maybe, but some people would say so because population is shrinking.

To all the haters...

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

To OP,
————

Let me ask you this OP,

Obviously

Lett me ask you this OP,

Obviously

Let me ask you this Op

Obviosuly

Guild Wars 1> 21 Awards

Guild wars 2> 8 Awards

Let me ask you this OP

Obviously

Not
————-

Obviously

Not

The big thing about copy sold that a pure boxes sold for GW1 so all the expansion that where sold is part of that number. As things stand GW2 sold more base copy then GW1 and will more then likely keep selling for some time. Once there an expatiation put out for GW2 we will start to see GW2 number pass GW1 fast.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

To all the haters...

Posted by: beren.6048

beren.6048

This game has a couple of issues imo. One is the great marketing department who, I believe, over-promised or gave a great sling to concepts that turn out not be that great. Like the personal story, which really is not personal. It sounds great, like many things Anet claims, but my story ends up the same as any other story once you get into the trahearne stage. The epic DEs are just automatically accepted quests, the only difference is that you don’t need to walk to an npc to get it. Again, dynamic events sounds really catchy, but it over-promises and makes people imagine things that are not there. The player housing, which is just a instance of a village. None of these houses is clearly yours and there is no house to decorate. You can’t call it player housing at all.

What I seen is that everyone I know stopped playing and 90% of my guild moved to other games. And you know what? No body really reads the forums, they mostly simply stop because they are bored with GW2.

To all the haters...

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

As the saying goes, “no point of talking to a person about his existence if he doesn’t know how he got here”

Indeed, which is why I won’t argue with you. You’ve got no clue, while I"m a 50/50 GWAMM in Guild Wars 1. You’re wrong.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

To all the haters...

Burnfall.9573

Veldan, serialkicker, beren, Jski, gennyt and IndigoSundown; l will not argue with you, Snowy, Dante and StormageddonBK.

No need to tell those remaining individuals about gw1, "they know everything ‘self-knowing’, and are quite experienced and quite knowledgeable of the worlds of Guild Wars.

No need in responding to their Arrogance, Elitism, Pride and to their Egoistical arguments either.

As I already stated, as the saying goes, “no point of talking to a person about his existence if he doesn’t know how he got here”

To all the haters...

Vayne.8563

One line for the OP:
The Secret World has passed GW2 on the MMORPG rankings!

Nuff said!

TSW = Great theme/storys with 2005 graphics.
GW2 = 2013 graphics with no story or gameplay worth a salt. (Add to that that it’s paying for other games like Lineage 17 (it must be that many by now) and that lots of promises were left hanging, I especially like the shooting range in… nevermind, it’s gone, forgotten!).

No doubt the bunnies will stomp me now! (again!). Lol.

TSW laid off a third of its staff, because it didn’t meet expectations. Guild Wars 2 has exceeded expectations.

I played some TSW and it was a pretty good game…but ultimately, I like Guild Wars 2 better. TSW has some flaws I couldn’t live with…Guild Wars 2 has flaws I can live with. lol

To all the haters...

Posted by: New Character Yo.6487

New Character Yo.6487

Veldan, serialkicker, beren, Jski, gennyt and IndigoSundown; l will not argue with you, Snowy, Dante and StormageddonBK.

No need to tell those remaining individuals about gw1, "they know everything ‘self-knowing’, and are quite experienced and quite knowledgeable of the worlds of Guild Wars.

No need in responding to their Arrogance, Elitism, Pride and to their Egoistical arguments either.

As I already stated, as the saying goes, “no point of talking to a person about his existence if he doesn’t know how he got here”

So…. because you don’t agree with what they say, their arguments are arrogant, elitist and egotistical? Way to sound arrogant, elitist and egotistical. lol

To all the haters...

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

Guild Wars 2 is losing hype/popularity even faster than Guild Wars 1 did, look at the Google Trends and see how the score has drastically dropped since the release.

http://www.google.com/trends/explore#q=guild%20wars

(edited by Nick.6972)

To all the haters...

Posted by: Ision.3207

Ision.3207

Burnfall, be careful … because there are some self-appointed “classroom monitors” that regular the forums, and they adore the report option.

Colin Johanson to Eurogamer: "Everyone, including casual gamers,
by level 80 should have the best statistical loot in the game.
We want everyone on an equal power base.”

(edited by Ision.3207)

To all the haters...

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

Guild Wars 2 is losing hype/popularity even faster than Guild Wars 1 did, look at the Google Trends and see how the score has drastically dropped since the release.

And if you type in “Obama” or “Iphone” (or “Pandaria”) instead of “Guild Wars 2” for the same time period, the chart looks almost identical. Of course there were more searches for "Guild Wars 2 at and just before launch – and in the Christmas buying months. It has nothing to do with popularity – just people using Google to look up a particular term.

As someone said earlier, these kind of conversations (on both sides of the argument) are rarely (if ever) productive. They become filled with false logic like the post above use to “prove” a point that is more about the poster’s opinion (again on both sides) than anything else.

(edited by Blaeys.3102)

To all the haters...

Posted by: Uruz Six.6594

Uruz Six.6594

And yet you’re still here. Still posting bombs, still randomly bolding words. It really sticks in your craw that much that people are still having fun playing the game.

How sad.

Skoryy, sylvari thief: “Act now, figure out ‘with wisdom’ later.”
Nanuchka, norn mesmer: “BOOZEAHOL!”
Tarnished Coast – Still Here, El Guapo!

To all the haters...

Posted by: Uruz Six.6594

Uruz Six.6594

Edit: Besides the obvious “It’s not guild wars one…part two”

That’s mostly it, I think. Same lore, same name, different game? ‘This is an outrage!’

Well, that and some people just want to watch the forum burn.

Skoryy, sylvari thief: “Act now, figure out ‘with wisdom’ later.”
Nanuchka, norn mesmer: “BOOZEAHOL!”
Tarnished Coast – Still Here, El Guapo!

To all the haters...

beren.6048

So…. because you don’t agree with what they say, their arguments are arrogant, elitist and egotistical? Way to sound arrogant, elitist and egotistical. lol

Thats the strange thing, who is arrogant and elitist. It seems he says similar thing to what the listed people say, at least the once I checked. But perhaps he ment gw1 being better than gw2 ironically?

To all the haters...

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Also by now gw1 had i think 2 expansion well really campaniles that you payed for too. So the hype or sell where higher for GW1 because they counted these campaniles as box sells.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

To all the haters...

maddoctor.2738

Also by now gw1 had i think 2 expansion well really campaniles that you payed for too. So the hype or sell where higher for GW1 because they counted these campaniles as box sells.

No, the first expansion for Guild Wars was released a year after the initial release

To all the haters...

beren.6048

Its not really about which game is better. The discussion is if 1. negative opinions on the forum are only haters w/o truth and 2. does that influence people to stop playing?

Imo some negative opinions are really constructive and will help improve the game if listened to. I think no one will stop playing a game he likes based on what someone forum commenter says.

@OP why even worry? If the game is doing so great then it doesn’t matter what is said on the forum. Appearantly the “haters” have no effect.

To all the haters...

maddoctor.2738

Its not really about which game is better. The discussion is if 1. negative opinions on the forum are only haters w/o truth and 2. does that influence people to stop playing?

1. Well lots of negative opinions are w/o any truth in them, just read this thread and you will see that those who expected GW2 to be GW1 with better graphics come up with some ridiculous arguments that have no basis. And these forums are also full of those, sometimes by the exact same posters, arent’ they bored yet?

2. I don’t think the vast majority of players is even reading the forums… And those who do will most likely respond instead of stop playing, if someone claiming absolute nonsense is enough to make someone quit playing, then his interest wasn’t very high to begin with

To all the haters...

Posted by: Moderator.6837

Moderator.6837

Hello,

While we appreciate the intention in the first post, this thread is not inviting to constructive discussion, and therefore will be closed.

Thank you for your understanding.