To people nervous about Pvp

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Copperfox.9138

Copperfox.9138

I was nervous at first too. But it’s soooo much fun. And they matched me with pvp noobs like myself! Seriously. There’s no pressure. You just run around killing, taking over check points, reszzing teammates, getting slaughtered by five other people if you get caught by yourself….. then randomly get saved when your team stumbles upon you.

I’ve only ever played WoW (be nice, I really liked the Game at the time) and never liked the Pvp aspect. But everyone having an equal footing gear wise in this game makes pvp so much more enjoyable.

SO MUCH FUN.

Go try it!

Also, the quest where you get turned into a pig! Awesome.

(edited by Copperfox.9138)

Posted by: MrLee.6892

MrLee.6892

Agree 100%! I actually don’t care for PVP but in GW2 I am having a BLAST and I am acutally good at it.

I like how it’s more skill than gear! Puts everyone on the same playing field, almost.

sPVP even has its own bank! lol!

Posted by: Fetus.9376

Fetus.9376

sPvP matches you with people? I thought it has a server browser?

Posted by: MrLee.6892

MrLee.6892

sPvP matches you with people? I thought it has a server browser?

Is that what the tournament are for? Not sure if that matches you up or not, I have not used my Tournament ticket yet.

Posted by: gurugeorge.9857

gurugeorge.9857

Agreed 100%. sPvP is a great way to introduce the fun of PvP to the hitherto-PvP-averse

Posted by: C Banks.4358

C Banks.4358

Even if your too scared for sPvP I would recommend giving WvWvW a try. There are big groups and smalls group of many sizes in there so there is a lot less pressure.

Posted by: DrunkBatman.4729

DrunkBatman.4729

im the exact opposite, always been a pvp fanatic… but cant justify why i should bother playing sPVP when there are no rewards and nothing to gain from it.

Posted by: Redfeather.6401

Redfeather.6401

WvW is a better place to get used to killin’ and being killed.
The sting of getting stomped wears off after it happens a hundred times a day.

Posted by: Mouhappai.5406

Mouhappai.5406

Yeah it’s really funny… and nicely done on the developers part. I went in for the first time feeling all nervous and stuff, but turns out I was on a rampage at the end of the match! lol