To the NonGW1 players who liked the ST

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Deified.7520

Deified.7520

If you liked the soundtrack for Guild wars 2 and have never played Guild wars #1, I strongly advise you to take a listen to this soundtrack. GW1 had one of the best ST I’ve ever heard in a game, let a lone MMO. To me, it still has one of my favorite ones.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1E3B8CD21F41CD11

Posted by: Treadstone.2564

Treadstone.2564

Alternatively, they could just play GW2. Seems half the music in this game is from GW1!

Deified.7520

There is a good portion, but a lot of it is not. Especially ones from the expansions. GW2 ST is good, but I just posted this so those who weren’t able to enjoy this amazing music in GW1 hayday.

Posted by: SteepledHat.1345

SteepledHat.1345

GW1 has an awesome soundtrack. I feel like it had more variety than GW2. Jeremy Soule is good at what he does. Very good.

“Failure to remain calm is the sign of a weak mind.”

Posted by: Creeper.9360

Creeper.9360

The Factions OST was my favorite soundtrack in the whole series. Fantastic stuff.

Posted by: Red Falcon.8257

Red Falcon.8257

I agree completely that GW1 music was epic and I still hope for a comeback.

Posted by: Tolmos.8395

Tolmos.8395

GW1 had a beautiful soundtrack, but it was actually a cover of one of the GW1 songs that has always stuck out in my mind as being one of the best game songs I’ve heard:

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

GW1 had a beautiful soundtrack, but it was actually a cover of one of the GW1 songs that has always stuck out in my mind as being one of the best game songs I’ve heard:

Crystal Oasis is quite simply the best thing in the world.

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

After hearing Crystal Oasis again I had to log back in to GW1 and go there brought a tear to my eye

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…

Posted by: Kite.2510

Kite.2510

Personally I don’t like GW2 soundtrack that much.
Sure it has a couple of nice tracks here and there for the importand moments, but they lack variety.

Personally it feels like JS is writing vatiations of the same song!
Need to look no further than the “Races of Tyria” trailer where the Humman, Charr, and Norn themes might as well be deferent parts of the same song.

Aside from having little variety, the music repeats it self very often.
JS is nice but he seriulsy lacks variety!

…and don’t be toxic!

Posted by: Jaxon.5392

Jaxon.5392

Or for those that did play GW1, this still rocks

Deified.7520

Personally I don’t like GW2 soundtrack that much.
Sure it has a couple of nice tracks here and there for the importand moments, but they lack variety.

Personally it feels like JS is writing vatiations of the same song!
Need to look no further than the “Races of Tyria” trailer where the Humman, Charr, and Norn themes might as well be deferent parts of the same song.

Aside from having little variety, the music repeats it self very often.
JS is nice but he seriulsy lacks variety!

I think that Once they release expansions it might get better. GW1 had a amazing soundtrack that complimented each zone very well! However in GW2 some zones kind of look the same and the ST repeats. Snowy zones, grassy zones, etc. I still enjoy it though.

Posted by: Pyrotechnic Hell.3209

Pyrotechnic Hell.3209

GW1 FTW
I remember the YTcracker Track, epic stuff.

Tho i must say Guild Wars Faction’s entire Tracklist was just pure gold
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LtSMlkBAFE

Deified.7520

GW1 FTW
I remember the YTcracker Track, epic stuff.

Tho i must say Guild Wars Faction’s entire Tracklist was just pure gold
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LtSMlkBAFE

Its. They did such a terrific job at capturing the environment and feel through the music. I can’t wait to see it with GW2 engine. I hope to the six that they do a good job on it. Kaineng is going to be amazing, I hope.

Posted by: Chuo.4238

Chuo.4238

GW ST is amazing. It’s a shame that GW2 put no thought or imagination into it and just randomly recycles GW1 ST music. It’s really kinda dumb to be in the Cliffside Fractal and hear Nightfall theme music…and that’s just one example.

Sort of off topic, but sort of on topic:

Anyone else feel that the attention to detail in this game is little to non-existent?

Deified.7520

GW ST is amazing. It’s a shame that GW2 put no thought or imagination into it and just randomly recycles GW1 ST music. It’s really kinda dumb to be in the Cliffside Fractal and hear Nightfall theme music…and that’s just one example.

Sort of off topic, but sort of on topic:

Anyone else feel that the attention to detail in this game is little to non-existent?

It really matters at what you’re looking at. From what I hear Anet was encountering some finical problems while this was in development, so somethings they probably couldn’t have put as much detail and attention as they wished. However the attention to detail in environments and NPCs was phenomenal. Best I’ve seen. Now that they have got themselves a very successful game in terms of sales, they can start building and improving the game with those funds. I’m really excited for 2013 because we’re going to be seeing a lot of good stuff. The frost and fire prelude is just to name one. Then we have the actually frost and fire, on top of any other expansions or content openings. The game may have its flaws now (what mmo doesn’t, WoW was bad at release) but it will improve and if players stick with it, and they keep their current payment model; they will be groundbreaking in the MMO industry.

Posted by: Eladriel.7295

Eladriel.7295

Alternatively, they could just play GW2. Seems half the music in this game is from GW1!

There are only a few tracks from GW1 in GW2 not the entire sound track.

Together we stand in the face of evil!