To those complaining about zerkers

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: tattyana.2356

tattyana.2356

Do what I do post on gw2lfg.com Lf3m coe path 3 no zerker scrubs . What this translates to is if I got to pick you up every ten seconds your not wanted in my group.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Gee so polite…

..I find ‘GLF ’x’ more, all welcome’ tends to get me further ahead

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Blix.8021

Blix.8021

… every single bit of damage in coe is dodgeable, why would you not want zerkers in your party?

Posted by: Kirschwasser.3972

Kirschwasser.3972

He doesn’t want “zerker mentality” and doesn’t want to discriminate against non-zerkers. He doesn’t mind sacrificing a bit of time and efficiency for the sake of the fun of others.

Nothing wrong with that.

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

So zerkers are fine but not zerker scrubs? Awesome, that’s exactly how I feel.

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

Posted by: lilstev.3498

lilstev.3498

Do what I do post on gw2lfg.com Lf3m coe path 3 no zerker scrubs . What this translates to is if I got to pick you up every ten seconds your not wanted in my group.

very impressive

glad you made a post about this…………>.>

/sarc

Posted by: KingClash.3186

KingClash.3186

If someone is dying every 10 seconds in CoE its not because of their gear. Its a L2D problem. You might as well just post “LF3M NO NOOBS!” and that makes you sound “elitist” but thats pretty much what you’re saying.

Posted by: HawkMeister.4758

HawkMeister.4758

When I LF I LFN (LFnobodey).
Yeah..

Deal with it.

;)

Polish > hype

Posted by: HumaCarrionEater.8254

HumaCarrionEater.8254

haha

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Lets start locking certain classes out of the game provided with a “great” attitude.God im glad il never join up with you for a dungeon.

Posted by: knives.6345

knives.6345

just go post something like “lfg <insert dungeon and path> – no class/gear requirement”

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Posted by: gurugeorge.9857

gurugeorge.9857

… every single bit of damage in coe is dodgeable, why would you not want zerkers in your party?

Because lots of people hear that zerker is cool, so they wear it, but they’re not actually that great players, good at dodging, etc., so they die often, which means they are in effect being carried.

Obviously people who play zerker and are good at it (i.e. output massive DPS and don’t die) are extremely desirable in any group.

But there are plenty of players out there who are butterfingered but have a higher estimation of their abilities than their abilities actually warrant. For them to go zerker is a waste of time for them and for the group. But, herd mentality …

(edited by gurugeorge.9857)

Posted by: Slither Shade.4782

Slither Shade.4782

Everyone owes it to his self to make a zerk warrior or zerk something. Even if I got bored with it after a couple runs it is fun to take out for a spin once in a while.

Posted by: lilstev.3498

lilstev.3498

Everyone owes it to his self to make a zerk warrior or zerk something. Even if I got bored with it after a couple runs it is fun to take out for a spin once in a while.

Totally agree with this!

It lets you know how much you’ve been relying on survivability stats IMO.
It’ll make you a better player or at least better dodger/evader, cause if try to take hits as a Zerk you’ll eat kitten real quick…..

Once you become really good at evading mechanics, I cant think of a reason why you would roll any other setup, unless your group is so bad that have to support them the whole time…..

Posted by: Mikau.6920

Mikau.6920

My problem with Zerks builds (I have 1 full zerker build char) is that the game promotes zerk builds instead of diversity. Other builds are not as effective compared to zerk builds (or aren’t viable at all – like healing power builds).

Less diversity = less fun. (Including the settled weapon skill bar: it should be something like utility, where you can replace a skill for another)

Sorry for my english.

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Totally agree with this!

It’ll make you a better player or at least better dodger/evader, cause if try to take hits as a Zerk you’ll eat kitten real quick…..

Once you become really good at evading mechanics, I cant think of a reason why you would roll any other setup, unless your group is so bad that have to support them the whole time…..

And again with the ‘if you’re not running zerker you must be bad’ mentality. Ugh!

non zerker choice =/= bad

kitten , all it means is that they choose to play a different way and that. is. their. right. You don’t have to play with them. They don’t have to play with you.

Blix.8021

Totally agree with this!

And again with the ‘if you’re not running zerker you must be bad’ mentality. Ugh!

kitten , all it means is that they choose to play a different way and that. is. their. right. You don’t have to play with them. They don’t have to play with you.

I can choose to sit in the back with a longbow at 1500 range with a bear pet, but it doesn’t mean that it is a good choice or that people should support bad choices.

Posted by: Rammie.2843

Rammie.2843

If someone is dying every 10 seconds in CoE its not because of their gear. Its a L2D problem. You might as well just post “LF3M NO NOOBS!” and that makes you sound “elitist” but thats pretty much what you’re saying.

Rubbish. newbies aren’t the problem. The “zerker pros” who think they’re good but are actually terribad are the problem.

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Totally agree with this!

I can choose to sit in the back with a longbow at 1500 range with a bear pet, but it doesn’t mean that it is a good choice or that people should support bad choices.

Yet, if it doesnt affect you in any way…….why does it bother you?

Mind your own business, and other people will mind theirs. You play your way, they will play theirs. Problem solved. Why is this so hard to grasp?

Blix.8021

Totally agree with this!

Mind your own business, and other people will mind theirs. You play your way, they will play theirs. Problem solved. Why is this so hard to grasp?

It does effect me when people choose to play their class poorly. If I see a ranger in my groups not meleeing and dropping healing spring at the appropriate time, he will be kicked for not helping as much as he (easily) could be. I don’t get to play my warrior as a rifle warrior (I picked my charr warrior because I thought they looked cool in the cinematics with guns), so they don’t get to play a purposely poor playstyle, either. People that join my groups are expected to contribute as much as they can.

colesy.8490

but… but… PLAY HOW YOU WANT, I WANT TO WEAR MAGIC FIND.

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

Isn’t Magic Find gear more DPS than PVT anyway? :p

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Totally agree with this!

It does effect me when people choose to play their class poorly. If I see a ranger in my groups not meleeing and dropping healing spring at the appropriate time, he will be kicked for not helping as much as he (easily) could be. I don’t get to play my warrior as a rifle warrior (I picked my charr warrior because I thought they looked cool in the cinematics with guns), so they don’t get to play a purposely poor playstyle, either. People that join my groups are expected to contribute as much as they can.

Then you should be more specific in your LFG info. Generally speaking people like that ranger, and people like myself don’t desire to play with people like you. We aren’t playing the game ‘to work.’

Some people actually play a Ranger to a ranged class. Amazing isn’t it? Nothing wrong with that.

Maybe they didnt opt to bring healing spring because they figured their teammates would take care of themselves, thats supposed to be what you’re supposed to do after all. Isnt it? Support is neither needed nor desired by the masses on here, crowing about being so awesome in their zerker gear.

chuckle Oh the irony.

Blix.8021

Totally agree with this!

Then you should be more specific in your LFG info. Generally speaking people like that ranger, and people like myself don’t desire to play with people like you. We aren’t playing the game ‘to work.’

Some people actually play a Ranger to a ranged class. Amazing isn’t it? Nothing wrong with that.

Maybe they didnt opt to bring healing spring because they figured their teammates would take care of themselves, thats supposed to be what you’re supposed to do after all. Isnt it? Support is neither needed nor desired by the masses on here, crowing about being so awesome in their zerker gear.

chuckle Oh the irony.

Support is extremely desirable, just not healing power builds. Walls, reflects, pulls, pushes, condition cleanses, blinds, fields, finishers, are all wonderful support and can be done in zerker gear.

Also people prefer everyone to be in melee, because then everyone is in range of one another to speed-res when someone makes a mistake and goes down. I would much rather res someone in zerk gear who made an error than waste time running back to res a selfish person in the back who isn’t with the rest of the party.

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Totally agree with this!

chuckle Oh the irony.

Support is extremely desirable, just not healing power builds. Walls, reflects, pulls, pushes, condition cleanses, blinds, fields, finishers, are all wonderful support and can be done in zerker gear.

And can be done better in other gear types, and depending on which, without significant impact to the overall dps. Yes there are trade offs, however the game is not about just power through and getting to the next shiny for many of us.

They only time what someone else is wearing affects you is if you are in a group with them, as you have pointed out. This is remedied with clear LFG requirements as I pointed out. Other narrow minded individuals will play with you, other individuals like myself that really arent as judgmental will play with me. We bother each other not at all. So again, wheres the issue?

Blix.8021

Totally agree with this!

chuckle Oh the irony.

And can be done better in other gear types, and depending on which, without significant impact to the overall dps. Yes their are trade offs, however the game is not about just power through and getting to the next shiny for many of us.

They only time what someone else is wearing affects you is if you are in a group with them, as you have pointed out. This is remedied with clear LFG requirements as I pointed out. Other narrow minded individuals will play with you, other individuals like myself that really arent as judgmental will play with me. We bother each other not at all. So again, wheres the issue?

I take issue with players choosing to be bad. It’s like knowing about the existence of modern medicine and instead using voodoo. I would rather everyone play well and therefore expand the number of players who can join my groups, which I do properly advertise.

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

And can be done better in other gear types, and depending on which, without significant impact to the overall dps. Yes there are trade offs, however the game is not about just power through and getting to the next shiny for many of us.

Actually, no, they cannot be done better in other gear types. Really, what gear would you take instead of zerk to condition cleanse your party around you? To reflect projectiles? To AoE pulse blind?

Posted by: Tolmos.8395

Tolmos.8395

My only complaint about the full zerker expectation is that it limits my playstyle options as an engineer, if I needed to do that. Going dual pistol, full zerker, would be a bigger hindrance than going full rampager with dual pistol. To go full zerker, I would almost HAVE to run grenades, which I am not a fan of. :-\

colesy.8490

And that’s perfectly fine. You acknowledge that berserker is stronger than what you’re currently using but you don’t use it because of preferring pistols.

The problem lies with people who don’t accept that it’s the strongest gear.