Today's Patch I decide to play my necro....

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Onisuo.8607

Onisuo.8607

Only to realize that being built for condition damage I would be ineffective against the Champion for the hourly event.

Posted by: papryk.6273

papryk.6273

dont worry…anet is aware that conditions are a problem in this game…for like a year. So maybe let’s wait another year so they will update us on the status of conditions.

ps. and one more year to fix the problem

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

everyone is ineffective in those fights.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

Posted by: Majic.4801

Majic.4801

The perfect condition build:

1. Roll a Warrior.
2. Trait for power and greatsword.
3. Profit!!!

“Not the same, real and true. True you feel inside.
Always follow what is true.” — Sentry-skritt Bordekka

Posted by: Chironicus.6341

Chironicus.6341

dont feel bad my only level 80 is a necromancer….and this whole thing is so disorganized….

ill wait and go play or do other stuff….thanks for the loot while it lasted….

Posted by: medohgeuh.4650

medohgeuh.4650

My only two level 80s are a necromancer and a mesmer. Looks like I’ll be skipping this event entirely because they are completely ineffective against those condition reflects. :\

Posted by: Majic.4801

Majic.4801

It is rather ironic to see the profession designers work so hard to promote build diversity only to see the content designers consistently punish it.

Sisyphus eat your heart out. Again and again…

“Not the same, real and true. True you feel inside.
Always follow what is true.” — Sentry-skritt Bordekka

Posted by: Wasbunny.6531

Wasbunny.6531

My main is a condi-mesmer (I know I know) in all ascended Rabid gear and well…I’m not even getting credit for most of this. Luckily I have 7 other 80’s so at least I have that. I’ll admit I’m getting a little tired of all the new content relying on timers and physical damage (aka berserker).

~An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way.~

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

They need to merge the damage statitics instead of pretending that going exclusively for conditions in actually viable. They obviously want condition damage to be a supportive rather than primary way of dealing damage so what’s the hold up?

Posted by: wolfpaq.7354

wolfpaq.7354

Think of it as a PSA to the community letting everyone know once and for all that condition builds are bad (in PvE). It’ll be beneficial in the long run as more and more people switch over to power/crit and champs start dropping that much faster.

Time to shelve your condition chars and roll a warrior!

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

In PvE exchange your condi gear for power gear, even greens will do.

Go 30/10/0/0/30 with dumbfire, wells (ground targeted) and deathly perception (the rest are personal choice).

Profit. Oh and never bring a knife to a gunfight.

Posted by: Chironicus.6341

Chironicus.6341

@wolfpaq …no its time to goto another game that allows me to play a wizard/soceror type and doesnt screw me ….

if you want to play the game thief as a MMO by all means i do not…

Posted by: Henqquli.5078

Henqquli.5078

I was gonna make confusion mesmer. (Because hey its something else than berserker crap.) But byebye those dreams

Posted by: Henri Blanche.8276

Henri Blanche.8276

If they’re totally incapable of fixing this issue then perhaps it would be easier to compensate instead. If one toon is doing DPS to a target they are 100% effective. If two toons are attacking the same target they are only 50% effective. And if five folks are attacking the same target in say a dungeon then they should be 20% effective. Now THAT would promote build diversity.

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

Conditions work fine on the Knights from what I’ve seen… for all of what.. a 10 second window?

See? It’s balanced!

Seriously: Not only is this a bad move, it is not exactly promoting health and well being in terms of community. When people aren’t gutting others because they don’t dodge as perfectly as Mr. Elitist warrior, they are screaming about people using condition.
I can think of two people in my guild who are very casual players who are going to basically skip this entire segment. Heck, of the two level 80’s my wife has, both are condition builds, and being that she only plays a few hours a week.

Sure, just throw money into the system and buy a new outfit with weapons. That is not something that should be required if you want to effectively participate in the game events. If Anet is going to do that, they should just make the living story “Ascended Only” and start at the end of the road they are going down.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Posted by: Pip.2094

Pip.2094

dont worry…anet is aware that conditions are a problem in this game…for like a year. So maybe let’s wait another year so they will update us on the status of conditions.

ps. and one more year to fix the problem

Let’s say in 1 year there will be a CDI here about the problem, then after an year or two the problem will…start to be worked on

\||||||/
O°v°O

Posted by: mrstealth.6701

mrstealth.6701

Fighting the knights as a guardian, I’m on fire for a large portion of the fight thanks to my own profession mechanic. Sure, I can use the active Virtue of Justice, but that just sets 4 other people on fire with me. Oh, and I’m sure every other guardian is thinking the same thing and sharing their virtue in a nice vicious cycle of AoE burning.

Punishing for conditions is just so stupid when the game is designed to have condition builds (although it pathetically supports actually using them), and has minor traits or auto-attacks that cause conditions. For quite a few of us not applying conditions is simply not an option without completely reworking traits and weapons. Oh, and then we have us guardians that still cause burning no matter what we do.

Maybe the next living story should have a boss that punishes for/reflects critical hits.

Footsteps Of War [FoW] | Yak’s Bend
Seer Of The Divine | Sarina Starlight | Tireasa | Caedyra

Posted by: Razor.6392

Razor.6392

you guys should try spvp. condition builds there are brainless and win with little effort.

Level 60 pvp
Ele & thief main (full ascended)
Down with the braindead faceroll classes.

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Anet really needed to give those knights immunity against conditions, with condition builds being so overpowered.

…oh wait

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: Myst.5783

Myst.5783

I managed on condi mesmer just fine.

Just wait your turn.

Currently playing: Mesmer/Ele/Theif
JQ

Posted by: mrstealth.6701

mrstealth.6701

you guys should try spvp. condition builds there are brainless and win with little effort.

Or even in wvw outside of large zergs. And that just makes it much more obvious how poorly conditions are implemented for pve/large groups.

This recalculating condition damage each tick to account for changes in might/weapon swaps/etc needs to go. Just make them use whatever stat they were applied with (which actually makes the most sense, anyway) to conserve server CPU cycles and bandwidth. Less resources used on constantly tracking multiple points of condition data leaves room to allow for more stacks.

A mechanic that only allows for 25 stacks in a game where 100+ player events are intended to be common is just outright bad design.

Footsteps Of War [FoW] | Yak’s Bend
Seer Of The Divine | Sarina Starlight | Tireasa | Caedyra