Today's dailies: You do fractals YES or YES.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: SkiTz.4590

SkiTz.4590

According to some of these posts, Why do we even have to work to do any dailies anet? why not just reward with me 10 achievements points and the chests whenever I login anet?
Some of you folks are incredibly spoiled and want everything your way, and if its not, you will make sure you whine and cry about it until someone hears you…

Posted by: Vesuvius.9874

Vesuvius.9874

According to some of these posts, Why do we even have to work to do any dailies anet? why not just reward with me 10 achievements points and the chests whenever I login anet?
Some of you folks are incredibly spoiled and want everything your way, and if its not, you will make sure you whine and cry about it until someone hears you…

I agree. At this point they should just dumb it down to spoon feeding. Maybe something along the lines of, “Hey! You managed to log into Guild Wars! Congratulations on this impressive feat! And for this, you get a reward!”

Oh wait…

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Basically, the “choice” is toe the melee line, or be treated like a noob, kicked and/or insulted.

Or form your own party… Stop pretending only people asking for zerk runs can do that. There is a very clear and obvious choice, stop pretending to be a victim when you’re just being lazy.

Don’t think you read my post properly.

Making your own groups is both something you shouldn’t have to do, to avoid these kind of issues and also something that won’t even, fully, solve the issues, even if you do.

It’s just papering over the cracks…

You think making a group so you can play with likeminded people isn’t a good solution? No one can help you..

It should be, it really should. But as he said, it’s simply not always effective. Though, I don’t think any other possible solution would solve it any better… the problem is not the game or the system as much as it is just people.

I’m a more meta leaning guy (I like to take little deviations at times if I feel it’s more fun) but I like to join parties that just say the path at most “experienced” as they just fit my general play style better and I’ve met many nice people. I’ve jumped in there and seen the person who started the group kicked for running “bad” builds…there was no note for a reason . It’s just sad every time I see it, but it’s not a game problem it’s a people problem.

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

Basically, the “choice” is toe the melee line, or be treated like a noob, kicked and/or insulted.

Or form your own party… Stop pretending only people asking for zerk runs can do that. There is a very clear and obvious choice, stop pretending to be a victim when you’re just being lazy.

Making your own groups is both something you shouldn’t have to do, to avoid these kind of issues and also something that won’t even, fully, solve the issues, even if you do.

You think making a group so you can play with likeminded people isn’t a good solution? No one can help you..

It should be, it really should. But as he said, it’s simply not always effective. Though, I don’t think any other possible solution would solve it any better… the problem is not the game or the system as much as it is just people.

I’m a more meta leaning guy (I like to take little deviations at times if I feel it’s more fun) but I like to join parties that just say the path at most “experienced” as they just fit my general play style better and I’ve met many nice people. I’ve jumped in there and seen the person who started the group kicked for running “bad” builds…there was no note for a reason . It’s just sad every time I see it, but it’s not a game problem it’s a people problem.

My point is if you desire a group with no one demanding anyone runs a certain build just go to LFG and type “Fractal lvl 1, all welcome ^^” and not a single ‘rush rush you’re running the wrong build’ person will ever join it.

If you (the general ‘you’ not you specifically) hate Fractals so much you can’t even do that there are WvW and PvP dailies that are always easy to get. I don’t understand how people can even manufacture an issue out of this.

Posted by: Sthenith.5196

Sthenith.5196

Personally i don’t see any problems with a daily fractal. Mind you, i mostly do them on my warrior cause she’s got the AR anyways, but i don’t mind tagging along with a ranger if they know what they’re doing.

If people kick you from a frac run it’s either because they’re stupid and don’t know what a ranger can bring (melee ranger can do some serious dmg) like spotter…., or the ranger itself is inexperienced and not willing to go beyond bowbear.

Ow, and if you don’t like fractal dailies, wait till HoT where they’re increased to lvl 100 ones… and imo you’re probably going to have to do them to make your precursor or sumething (knowing Anet likes complex things)

Posted by: Koomaster.9176

Koomaster.9176

Everyone dislikes SOMETHING about the game. I personally hate event participation. But if that comes up in the daily, I have a plethora of other things to do. I’m not huge on WvW or PVP, but there is usually something in them that’s easy to do so I don’t mind dipping my toes into those areas. And if not; then I suck it up and go run around the crab toss arena.

Basically the daily rewards are worth enough of my time to do things I’m not fond of every now and again. If the daily rewards mean similar to you, suck it up and find something you can do to complete them. If not – skip the daily for the day. It’s not the end of the game to miss some spirit shards and achievement points every once in a while.

As a side note; I’m not too fond of fractals myself. They are okay, but to do a full set takes a while. So I only do the fractal daily if it’s dual fractals. Knock two dailies out at once. What’s not to like? I’ll set aside time to do that.

Posted by: Jayden Reese.9542

Jayden Reese.9542

So u cant gather 10 logs do a Vista or 4 quests in one zone? Every single day those 3 are there.

Posted by: Torolan.5816

Torolan.5816

A group of totally random people in yellow armor and no meta at all with one guiding member can do a single lvl 1 swamp fractal, its that easy. I think the vets will remember how much of a pain in the bottom that fractal was when it was new, but if one knows how to do it, all you have to do is move forward, swim and fight a boss^^

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

Thank you everyone for your comments.

I’m pretty sure people won’t mind you bringing a useless class in selfish gear.

Actually it doesn’t matter what kind of build i’m wearing, most LFG looking for random don’t care how you play if you are a ranger. Just for the shake of clarity, i run a condi shout ranger with spotter, there is nothing more group support than that with this class without loosing fire power. But again, doesn’t matter which my build is as long as i run with a ranger.

WvW i run in Ruins of Surmia server and that server is always deserted. What is worst is we are very frequently with the boon of outnumbered, so as soon as you begin to cap something you have a zerg on you before you are able to flip it. I won’t spend all day waiting for a commander to appear. Also not my thing to play that mode.

PvP just haven’t played that mode ever. Haven’t even tried to get into the lobby yet.

So as you all can see there is not much of a choice regard the dailies. Also the game mode i really enjoy is PvE, so i don’t understand why i can’t accomplish the dailies without being forced to play in fractals.

Anet should fix this. They should create a new category for Fractals/Dungeon runners so everyone can have the fun they are looking for.
Right now this is just frustrating.

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

Scale 1-10 fractals are even easier than most dungeons. Every time one pops up for my daily, I often find myself sleeping through it.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

Posted by: Rivindor.7258

Rivindor.7258

This game already caters so heavily to casuals, but to allow people who aren’t capable of anything past exploring vistas and mining nodes to receive the same rewards as everyone else makes me feel like I’m playing a game of Dora the Explorer versus Guild Wars.

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

Actually it doesn’t matter what kind of build i’m wearing, most LFG looking for random don’t care how you play if you are a ranger. Just for the shake of clarity, i run a condi shout ranger with spotter, there is nothing more group support than that with this class without loosing fire power. But again, doesn’t matter which my build is as long as i run with a ranger.

WvW i run in Ruins of Surmia server and that server is always deserted. What is worst is we are very frequently with the boon of outnumbered, so as soon as you begin to cap something you have a zerg on you before you are able to flip it. I won’t spend all day waiting for a commander to appear. Also not my thing to play that mode.

PvP just haven’t played that mode ever. Haven’t even tried to get into the lobby yet.

So as you all can see there is not much of a choice regard the dailies. Also the game mode i really enjoy is PvE, so i don’t understand why i can’t accomplish the dailies without being forced to play in fractals.

Anet should fix this. They should create a new category for Fractals/Dungeon runners so everyone can have the fun they are looking for.

Actually someone already told you there are Dailies servers for PvP AND someone already told you that WvW has Master of Ruins and Big Spender both of which require zero interaction with other players. Also people have told you to FORM YOUR OWN FRACTAL GROUP and then you can do it easily.

I hope you read it this time.

SkiTz.4590

It’s not frustating. They aren’t going to spend resources changing things up because you are too scared to go outside of your comfort zone. Adapt or quit.
No one outside a few are complaining about dailies… they are perfectly fine.

PvP is literally the easiest way to finish them, but of course, you don’t even want to go in the lobby or even ATTEMPT it so you just ask anet to give you everything you want.

The only thing frustrating is having people like you who want everything spoon fed.

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

Correct me if I’m wrong but I thought dailies had like 9 suggestions and you could do something not on the list to finish it. I’ve had it tell me to do fractals and I just pick something else and finish every day without doing a single one. o.o’’

That is correct, these are stubborn people who only want to do PvE only or WvW only or something like that. It is pure stubbornness and if they don’t want to do their dailies that is their own fault and problem.

anduriell.6280

Actually someone already told you there are Dailies servers for PvP AND someone already told you that WvW has Master of Ruins and Big Spender both of which require zero interaction with other players. Also people have told you to FORM YOUR OWN FRACTAL GROUP and then you can do it easily.

That’s not the point and you’d have realized that if you would applied your advise to yourself. The point is do not enjoy any other mode than Pve and they should avoid forcing players to do anything they don’t enjoy.

i play to have fun and joy, Fractals or any other kind of competitive game mode it is not. Fractals or dungeons shouldn’t be competitive but the community of players that stuck to those made it that way with the speed runs. So basically that kind of content simply is not fun to play for me. anymore. You commanding me to play WvW or PvP although i told you i don’t enjoy those modes are the kind of toxic behavior i dislike.
I hope you are able to understand my point this time.

The only real solution is to separate this kind of content in dailies. So fractals and dungeons are in a separate tab were whose that enjoy those can do the dailies.
I think PVE have enough alternatives to allow to have different dailies every day without the need to force me to play something i don’t enjoy.

I TOLD YOU SO

Posted by: Lunar Sunset.8742

Lunar Sunset.8742

< Is a ranger and only does fractals, never been kicked and have 0 issues getting groups.

I must be doing something wrong.

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

That’s not the point and you’d have realized that if you would applied your advise to yourself. The point is do not enjoy any other mode than Pve and they should avoid forcing players to do anything they don’t enjoy.

i play to have fun and joy, Fractals or any other kind of competitive game mode it is not. Fractals or dungeons shouldn’t be competitive but the community of players that stuck to those made it that way with the speed runs. So basically that kind of content simply is not fun to play for me. anymore. You commanding me to play WvW or PvP although i told you i don’t enjoy those modes are the kind of toxic behavior i dislike.

The only real solution is to separate this kind of content in dailies. So fractals and dungeons are in a separate tab were whose that enjoy those can do the dailies.
I think PVE have enough alternatives to allow to have different dailies every day without the need to force me to play something i don’t enjoy.

No one but players themselves force themselves to do anything within in a game. So drop the “ANet is forcing me” argument. They aren’t forcing you to do anything.

There is no penalty for not doing the Dailies on any given day.

And Coulter was pointing out that there were options in WvW and PvP that were not toxic towards PvE players just in there for the Dailies. Coulter wasn’t telling you to do anything, and he wasn’t rude in how he told you about it. So if you think that someone politely pointing out options that would work for PvE’ers who dislike PvP and WvW is toxic behavior, then I think you have a very different definition of toxic behavior than most other people.

SkiTz.4590

Your behavior is more toxic than most I’ve seen from this community.
All I’ve read from you is “i don’t like 80% of the dailies anet gives me, I demand to receive everything that I enjoy handed to me on a silver platter”.

Get out of here with that mentality.

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

I think at the very most there should be only one fractal daily, never anything more.

Two of them for your PvE daily does seem a bit excessive, if their aim is to bring players into different aspects of the game mode that is.

But contrary to this, it sounds like the OP would complain if even one PvE daily pertained to fractals. >_>

Posted by: Zaklex.6308

Zaklex.6308

I always do these with my ranger, and I’ve yet to be kicked out of a group…even if the actual request is for level 9 and not 1(not that I can’t do lvl 9, but why bother for a daily). I always look for the groups that advertise "For Daily Only – lvl 1(sometimes it’s a higher lvl, but usually not).

P.S. – Fractals are PvE…don’t try and convince yourself they aren’t(so are Dungeons).

SkiTz.4590

I always do these with my ranger, and I’ve yet to be kicked out of a group…even if the actual request is for level 9 and not 1(not that I can’t do lvl 9, but why bother for a daily). I always look for the groups that advertise "For Daily Only – lvl 1(sometimes it’s a higher lvl, but usually not).

P.S. – Fractals are PvE…don’t try and convince yourself they aren’t(so are Dungeons).

According to OP.. PvE is just open world events and gathering nodes.

anduriell.6280

If that would have been the case this complain would have been posted long time ago.
The problem as the title states and my first post explain is that there are Two Fractals objectives in the dailies, as you can see in the pictures.
You can not finish the dailies if you deeply dislike fractals because the community it gathers. And the punishment for that is loosing AP and Spirit shards. That i think is a big deal.
If Anet thinks is so important to push players to do fractals the most reasonable thing to do is to create a dailies for fractals.
Other than that you are right, i do think that PvE is what you can do in the open world. Fractals are more puzzles for the players that got bored of the dungeons.

So please keep explaining me what i write in this thread. Also you can command me to think whatever you see right and good.

I TOLD YOU SO

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

If that would have been the case this complain would have been posted long time ago.
The problem as the title states and my first post explain is that there are Two Fractals objectives in the dailies, as you can see in the pictures.
You can not finish the dailies if you deeply dislike fractals because the community it gathers. And the punishment for that is loosing AP and Spirit shards. That i think is a big deal.
If Anet thinks is so important to push players to do fractals the most reasonable thing to do is to create a dailies for fractals.
Other than that you are right, i do think that PvE is what you can do in the open world. Fractals are more puzzles for the players that got bored of the dungeons.

So please keep explaining me what i write in this thread. Also you can command me to think whatever you see right and good.

I think the daily is fine as is.

I am not saying i am a fractal lover, i am not, i actually a hater of any party content because i prefer open world events. Therefore i didn’t touch any of the fractal and rarely touch dungeon content. So do is say it is fine, it is because the way the daily now is help introduce different game mode.

I don’t roam wvw usually because I don’t like PvP content, I don’t normal go pvp for the same reason. But i do go to wvw to finish my daily…

There is a side effect that slowly get into me, i am now more enjoy wvw daily than pve daily, master of ruin, land claimer, guard killer, camp capture, dolyak killer, big spender, veteran creature slayer <—- these are easy daily can be soloed.

And after i presented these daily to my RL friend, we started to do wvw roaming together, which we never touch wvw since launch (2.5 years…. seriously), and we started to look into wvw build… why? because we met a very strong solo thief, that beat us everytime we met her. She can hold up to 4 or 5 players for a long time, 1 vs 2 or 3 players and beat them.

last night, i wasn’t able to complete my dailies on my alt acc, so i hop into pvp for the last daily, and you know what, i am having fun….

So, i am sure they change the daily that different game mode players can enjoy their game mode MOST of the day, but sometimes it is not easy to finish daily in a single mode. Therefore, encouraged players to try new mode….

Posted by: papry.8096

papry.8096

I don’t do Fractals, i hate the toxicity in the community that plays that content, simply because i roll a ranger and those are speed runs mostly that kick out any player that don’t fit the meta.

That is false: avoid zerk meta group & make your own LFG. problem solved.
If people still kick you: I would simply think that it’s your fault for playing badly.

Posted by: Nate.3927

Nate.3927

I don’t do Fractals, i hate the toxicity in the community that plays that content, simply because i roll a ranger and those are speed runs mostly that kick out any player that don’t fit the meta.

That is false: avoid zerk meta group & make your own LFG. problem solved.
If people still kick you: I would simply think that it’s your fault for playing badly.

exactly, all these people complaining about being kicked out of dungeon/fractal groups need to realise that they can start their own group that isn’t as elitist. Problem solved.

Posted by: Xiahou Mao.9701

Xiahou Mao.9701

Have you tried making your own LFG, rather than joining someone else’s? That way you get to choose the community you do the fractals with. Honestly, no one who ‘speedruns’ is going to want to do a level 1 fractal anyway, they’re going to be doing level 9 if for some reason they feel they have to do the 1-10 daily on a given day. So make your own level 1 LFG, say everyone is welcome, and get ready to meet some new friends.

You have it way easier than I do. Your issue is just with the community, which you can work around by appealing to non-speedrunners, but I have no such luck when faced with those Maguuma Jungle double dailies that make me feel physically ill due to the oppressive jungle environment that assaults my frigid Canadian sensibilities. All you have to do is find friendly people, whereas I’m left to struggle with being able to make the run into the Thaumanova Reactor for Daily Fire Elemental before regurgitating my poutine.

It’s a struggle I usually fail.

Posted by: Tigaseye.2047

Tigaseye.2047

Shouldn’t have to do? Really?

You nor Anet can control people. It is literally impossible to somehow gauge who will or won’t be toxic, so you need to take some kitten initiative and use the tools available to create the atmosphere you want. Plenty of people have already given you the information you need to avoid toxicity in fractals (to the best of anyone’s ability—toxic players typically are a specific type of player) and your only response is that you shouldn’t have to do that? Why not? You think Anet will go around policing every group to make sure no one’s feelings get hurt?

Kids these days, don’t want to do anything for themselves, it’s always someone else’s job to do it for them, sheesh….

/rant

I can assure you that I’m not a kid.

In answer to you both:

I’ll try again…

My point is, that your supposed “solution” here, is not a solution to the actual issue.

It is (at best) a partial solution to the issue of dealing with other players’ poor attitudes.

What it is not, however, is a solution to the fundamental issue, which is that of unexceptable imbalance between the various “choices” available.

“Turns out when people play the game, they don’t admire your feet at all.” sephiroth

(edited by Tigaseye.2047)

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

I’ll try again…

My point is, that your supposed “solution” here, is not a solution to the actual issue.

It is (at best) a partial solution to the issue of dealing with other players’ poor attitudes.

What it is not, however, is a solution to the fundamental issue, which is that of unexceptable imbalance between the various “choices” available.

How is this any more imbalanced than say…

“Daily Ascalon Events completer” & “Daily Harvesting”

You can do both in the same zone can you not ?

Tigaseye.2047

I’ll try again…

How is this any more imbalanced than say…

“Daily Ascalon Events completer” & “Daily Harvesting”

You can do both in the same zone can you not ?

I wasn’t referring to the dailies choices.

“Turns out when people play the game, they don’t admire your feet at all.” sephiroth

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Oh, so you’re a squid now?

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Posted by: Cameron.6450

Cameron.6450

It’s not just the OP, seems to be a frequently reoccurring theme, and for the life of me I cannot figure out how anyone could come to the conclusions that 1. Fractals are any different from dungeons in the way they play, and 2. Somehow they are unfit to be called PVE. I’d be really grateful if someone could explain the reasoning to me.

Also I think with the exception of the few organised dungeon speed-run tourneys, and a few highly coordinated speedrunning groups, there is absolutely no “competitive” aspect to dungeons or fractals. They’re co-operative. No groups from the LFG are looking to set record times with their speedruns, they just want to get through the content as quickly as possible, because the vast majority of the playerbase at this stage have likely already done most of the dungeons multiple times, are only interested in the payout at the end, and find the process somewhat tedious. So the sooner they are out, and have the gold/tokens they need to achieve some other goal in the game, the better. This isn’t to say ALL players are like this, but this is likely to be the mindset of most people who advertise for full zerk parties on the LFG.

On topic, OP, if running fractals actually makes you suffer, just leave the daily. Seriously, it’s what, a few AP? Most of the reward that used to come from dailies is now in the log in chests, so it’s really not a big deal if you feel like you have to miss one.

Tomeslave and others – [RISE], [xDDD]

Posted by: Pockets.3201

Pockets.3201

It’s not just the OP, seems to be a frequently reoccurring theme, and for the life of me I cannot figure out how anyone could come to the conclusions that 1. Fractals are any different from dungeons in the way they play, and 2. Somehow they are unfit to be called PVE. I’d be really grateful if someone could explain the reasoning to me.

Also I think with the exception of the few organised dungeon speed-run tourneys, and a few highly coordinated speedrunning groups, there is absolutely no “competitive” aspect to dungeons or fractals. They’re co-operative. No groups from the LFG are looking to set record times with their speedruns, they just want to get through the content as quickly as possible, because the vast majority of the playerbase at this stage have likely already done most of the dungeons multiple times, are only interested in the payout at the end, and find the process somewhat tedious. So the sooner they are out, and have the gold/tokens they need to achieve some other goal in the game, the better. This isn’t to say ALL players are like this, but this is likely to be the mindset of most people who advertise for full zerk parties on the LFG.

On topic, OP, if running fractals actually makes you suffer, just leave the daily. Seriously, it’s what, a few AP? Most of the reward that used to come from dailies is now in the log in chests, so it’s really not a big deal if you feel like you have to miss one.

Personally, I push for the AP because there are skins locked in the achievment chests I can’t get anywhere else. If they weren’t there I wouldn’t bother with them at all.

Posted by: Cameron.6450

Cameron.6450

Personally, I push for the AP because there are skins locked in the achievment chests I can’t get anywhere else. If they weren’t there I wouldn’t bother with them at all.

True, but I think most AP hunters are okay to play a wide variety of content to get those larger chunks of AP, regardless of whether or not they feature in the list of dailies. May not always be playing their favourite content, but that’s a pretty common feature of MMO’s in general, and is to be expected.

Tomeslave and others – [RISE], [xDDD]

Posted by: Albadaran.1283

Albadaran.1283

Back to topic: some players simply don’t like fractals and with 2 fractal missions this means: no daily achievement today. So plain and easy (without discussing pro’s, con’s and alternatives): Less Fractals yes or no.

Carighan.6758

Back to topic: some players simply don’t like fractals and with 2 fractal missions this means: no daily achievement today. So plain and easy (without discussing pro’s, con’s and alternatives): Less Fractals yes or no.

There’s 12 dailies a day. You want to ignore 2. 10 remain. Easy enough, yes? I tend to ignore ~9 a day because well, there’s little reason to specifically go on after 3, so I fail to see the problem.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Posted by: Pockets.3201

Pockets.3201

There’s 12 dailies a day. You want to ignore 2. 10 remain. Easy enough, yes? I tend to ignore ~9 a day because well, there’s little reason to specifically go on after 3, so I fail to see the problem.

For the people that hate pvp in any form, because they don’t find it enjoyable, there are a lot less options.

I’ll go into WvW if I absolutely have to, but I don’t help out, nor fight other players if I run into someone. I just take up valuable space.

Jayden Reese.9542

I can ignore fractals. I can ignore pvp. I can ignore wvw and still do 3 easy dailys and get my spirit shards. If u r too stubborn or honestly dumb to see that I’m sorry. If u never spvp u should. Join a daily room. Everyone lets u cap kill etc. No pressure. The reason u should is the reward track. U get pve rewards and even if I just do the spvp dailys only u will finish a reward track every 12 days. From that u get 2 mystic clovers and skins etc. It’s free stuff requires little effort

Carighan.6758

For the people that hate pvp in any form, because they don’t find it enjoyable, there are a lot less options.

You want to ignore 10 out of 12 dailies and still do the meta daily which requires you to do 3.

Hrm, tricky…

What if I hate PvE, sPvP and WvW, but still want to complete my daily?

What I’m trying to get it is: it’s absurd. You can’t say that you want to ignore major parts of the content of the game, then complain that well, major parts of the game “aren’t available to you”. The game should not be built around edge cases. That’s just asking for trouble.

Posted by: reapex.8546

reapex.8546

So there are two dailies that are Fractals. So if you want to get the daily reward you have to do Fractals YES or YES, or go to WvW or PvP..

I’m not in a guild that do fractals often neither. Anyway somehow after doing some of them because of mawdrey i learn to dislike that content because of the poor experience the random LFG there.

I’d like them to fix that, i should have the choice to be able to do dailies without have to suffer some content i actually don’t find fun.

You don’t have to do fractals to finish your daily, you have a ton of options out there. For example there is a custom pvp room for dailies, you stand still do nothing and you get credit for the daily. You said, your server is deserted for WvW. So cap a ruin on your home borderland instead. You have the outnumbered buff going for you too. When it comes to fractals, you can do a level 1 fractal very easily. Also, level 1 fractals aren’t competitive since you said you dislike being competitive. A level 30, character can do fractals scale 1 rather easily and its just one out of four maps required. So, you join a group get the daily and leave within 18 mins.

(edited by reapex.8546)

Posted by: Morfedel.4165

Morfedel.4165

You know, there are always other daily catagories than fractals you can do. No need to hate on fractals, just do other dailies.

Of course!

But I think the point OP is making is that in order to complete the daily, OP would HAVE to do a Fractal because Fractals take up two spots in the daily completion list.

OP does not have to do a Fractal to do the Daily.

They can pop into PvP or WvW to complete the Daily today. They are choosing not to and claiming that they can’t complete the Daily today.

They are confusing the ability to do something with the desire to do something.

However, I do sympathize as not everyone likes WvW or PvP or dungeons/fractals and if you happen to not like any of those three, when double fractal days come up it means one would have to do something they don’t like to do the Daily. And I’m not sure that’s something that ANet intended for the Daily.

Intended or not, fact remains is he has lots of choices. He is by his own decision limiting himself.

Double fractals are going to be a rare event. OP: if you simply cannot bring yourself to do wvw, or pvp, or fractals, and its a double fractals day, well, either dont do dailies that day or swallow your distaste and do one of them.

Maybe they will change it, but even if they do, I highly suspect it will be some time, as they have a lot more important things on their plate right now.

Posted by: Morfedel.4165

Morfedel.4165

You shouldnt have to form your own party? Wow, how lazy.

Listen, the problem is people. People will never change. And its highly unlikely anyone will ever come up with a perfect solution. I don’t know of one any mmo has really found to fix issues like this.

So really, you don’t have a lot of choice. Find a way to work within the system, or wring your hands and cry woe is me. Frankly forming your own group and advertising for the specific kinds of people you want will help tremendously.

Jayden Reese.9542

You want to ignore 10 out of 12 dailies and still do the meta daily which requires you to do 3.

Hrm, tricky…

What if I hate PvE, sPvP and WvW, but still want to complete my daily?

What I’m trying to get it is: it’s absurd. You can’t say that you want to ignore major parts of the content of the game, then complain that well, major parts of the game “aren’t available to you”. The game should not be built around edge cases. That’s just asking for trouble.

Jayden Reese.9542

Vista plus gather pluthe everyday. 4 events is 3. Daily done ignoring fractals spvp wvw.

Tigaseye.2047

You shouldnt have to form your own party? Wow, how lazy.

Listen, the problem is people. People will never change. And its highly unlikely anyone will ever come up with a perfect solution. I don’t know of one any mmo has really found to fix issues like this.

So really, you don’t have a lot of choice. Find a way to work within the system, or wring your hands and cry woe is me. Frankly forming your own group and advertising for the specific kinds of people you want will help tremendously.

WoW has, for one.

All the choices offered are far more equal now, than they are in this game.

Yes, you still have the trinity there and you don’t have as many weapons choices, but each equivalent class and role is far more equal, as are their talents and so on.

This game, pretty as it is and well meaning as its devs no doubt initially were, seems to have all the issues WoW had 4 years ago, plus some extra ones thrown in for good measure.

Also, it’s obviously not about laziness, it’s about the fact that forming your own parties doesn’t really solve anything and is, also, potentially, off-putting to people.

Especially newer, or more shy, people.

But, I’ve discussed all this several times before, on this forum and it’s really not the main point of this thread, just a side issue.

So, apologies, OP.

Posted by: velmeister.4187

velmeister.4187

You and I must be playing different games then. First off, if a group is looking for Meta oriented setup, don’t join that group. Second, if you want to run fractals, what is preventing you to start a group, roll swamp solo and wait for people to join? Fractals need a Guard, PS/EA warrior and Ele to make runs go easy. No harm in playing another toon other than ranger if you like to run a particular content that disfavors ranger.

I’m not in a guild that do fractals often neither. Anyway somehow after doing some of them because of mawdrey i learn to dislike that content because of the poor experience the random LFG there.

I am in a guild that runs fractals. But, every single night I run fractals with PuGs and sometimes with a guildie or two. Simple reason is that I enjoy the “you never know” experiences with PuGs, aka randomness. And, to be honest, whatever tricks of the trade I learnt in the game, I learnt from Pugging. That said, it seems to me you ran fractals not for getting the rewards fractals contain but, to finish a separate objective (Mawdrey) where fractal was just a hurdle to cross. I can relate to this issue because you are trying to maximize the tokens and running a 50 or a 40 with PuGs who simply did not want to include your ranger. In situations like this, always start your own groups. In fact, always start your own groups. Be polite to others and try to have fun.

Hope this helps.

EDIT: I do 50, 40 and 30 every night (8 – 8:30 pm EST) and if you are properly traited and geared for these levels, look me up in game, I will include you in my group.

“If there is anyone here whom I have not offended, I am sorry.”

Posted by: Voraxas.2391

Voraxas.2391

You don’t want to do the dailies? Well, then don’t do them. The only things you’ll miss are 10 totally worthless Achievement Points.

And in the case these totally worthless Achievement Points are so relevant, that this “issue” is in need of an own thread again, open the list of custom arenas, join one short round for rank farm Skyhammer and your problem is solved after ~10min.

Posted by: XxsdgxX.8109

XxsdgxX.8109

OP wants 60 seconds dailies like the ones where you only need to gather 4 herbs… lol
NEED MOAR INSTANT GRATIFICATION

By the way the only time I’ve ever seen META groups for fractals they are for lvl 50
easily 250+ of my lower level runs have been with pugs, I don’t either have a guild or group that does them.

Stella Truth Seeker

(edited by XxsdgxX.8109)

SkiTz.4590

What’s wrong is you are being toxic with the “I only want to do things I enjoy, make it happen anet”

First off, double fractal daily does not happen THAT OFTEN. I’ve seen it maybe once a week, if that.

2nd, YOU ARE PUNISHING YOURSELF. Anet is not punishing you.
It’s NOT ANETS FAULT that you DON’T LIKE 80% of the options for dailies.

Stop your whining.

You want AP and spirit shards? go freaking GET IT.
That’s what normal people do when they want something, they go out and get it themselves.
What you are doing is being childish and telling anet to just “hand it to me the way I want or i will cry”

Tigaseye.2047

OP, just try to ignore all this negativity and the trollish assumptions and manufactured allegations against you.

Hopefully, someone from Anet will have read this thread and will have taken on board what you have said and what you meant by it.

Hopefully, they will realise (as some of us have) that you are being perfectly reasonable in your request and will just, at some point, add a couple more options to the daily list, to ensure people have a little more choice, without having to do parts of the game they find particularly unpleasant, or stressful, for whatever reason.

After all, this is supposed to be a fairly casual, online game; not an unpleasant, inflexible job.

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

OP, just try to ignore all this negativity and the trollish assumptions and manufactured allegations against you.

Hopefully, someone from Anet will have read this thread and will have taken on board what you have said and what you meant by it.

Hopefully, they will realise (as some of us have) that you are being perfectly reasonable in your request and will just, at some point, add a couple more options to the daily list, to ensure people have a little more choice, without having to do parts of the game they find particularly unpleasant, or stressful, for whatever reason.

After all, this is supposed to be a fairly casual, online game; not an unpleasant, inflexible job.

Maybe they should just put in a “Dispense Daily Reward” button.

No dailies required. Gives the same reward, but puts a 24hr symbol of a crying baby over your head until the daily reset…

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….