Toggle 'Sticky' Shared Inventory Slots

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Vettexl.9726

Vettexl.9726

Apologies if this has been requested already and/or if I posted in the wrong section.

For those of us that don’t use the ‘Hide Bags’ option and stretch our inventory across the screen (which I find distracting), could we be given the option to make the Shared Inventory Slots stuck to the top (or bottom) while scrolling through bags?

As in, the Shared Inventory Slots would follow you as you went from bag to bag. An example use case scenario would be when I go to switch or toggle a salvage tool

I have attached an image as an example of how I use my inventory (also linked here: https://i.imgur.com/kbXtoR0.jpg)

Thanks!

Attachments:

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

Why not just collapse bags as you finish with one?

Posted by: Vettexl.9726

Vettexl.9726

Then I’d have to open them back up again and that’s even more clicking

Posted by: Tekoneiric.6817

Tekoneiric.6817

Too bad we can’t put stuff like bags on a 2nd monitor.

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

Then I’d have to open them back up again and that’s even more clicking

And? It’s the best solution available to the problem created by your preferences. Honestly though, that’s why I hide bags and keep my inventory large enough I dont need to deal with scroll bars.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I have my inventory set up in exactly the same way (literally, bags shown, 5 slots wide and high enough to show 20 slots at a time). My solution is simply to make sure everything I want to salvage is moved into the uppermost bag before I salvage it.

When I have lots of stuff I want to sort out my process is:

• Deposit materials.
  • Open the TP and sell everything I don’t want that has a sell price (and move anything I do want to keep into the invisible bag at the bottom).
  • Move everything remaining (except junk which stays in its own bag) to the top.
  • Drag the shared slots to the top and use the kit to salvage it all.
  • Deposit materials again.

Admittedly moving it up does involve some clicking and dragging because I don’t use the compact option, I have stuff sitting in my inventory at various points which I don’t want moved. But there’s usually relatively little left by that point and since I’m doing the same motion with each item (click, drag to uppermost bag icon, release button) it goes quickly.

I have toyed with moving the stuff I want to keep where it is so I can use compact, but I’ve always ended up switching back to this way of doing it. But since anything in a ‘special’ bag (e.g. oiled bag, equipment box etc.) will stay where it is it might be possible for you to set your inventory up so you can use the compact option.

Another possible solution would be to take the salvage kit out the shared slots, bring it with you as you scroll through your bags and then put it back when you’re done.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

I think it’s a great suggestion. I don’t like collapsing bags as sometimes I forget to uncollapse them and think things are missing. I also don’t like to open my inventory that big because I actually sometimes open it in the middle of going somewhere.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

Posted by: Morte de Angelis.7986

Morte de Angelis.7986

Type eq into the search bar, if you have a copper fed it’ll show the copper fed in the account slot and all items with a requirement. Normally just gear and some foods. Easiest way to salvage a lot of greens as you salvage the next item gets moved along. You can still deposit via the cog.