Toggle autotarget

Toggle autotarget

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Stupendous Man.4920

Stupendous Man.4920

Is it possible to add a keybind for toggling autotageting on/off? Currently we have to turn autotargetting on/off by going through the settings menu.

As an example, playing a staff elementalist in WvW. I want autotargetting on most of the time. However, when it comes time to run away I want autotargetting off so I can use Fiery Greatsword to get away from the enemy.

If this feature already exist and I have not been able to find it, please let me know.

Toggle autotarget

Posted by: wwwes.1398

wwwes.1398

I definitely want this.

Toggle autotarget

Posted by: Narkodx.1472

Narkodx.1472

When you want to disengage just click on the ground to de-target

Toggle autotarget

Posted by: Castrin.8972

Castrin.8972

I think that is incorrect. It de-highlights the current target but the targeting is still there. The reason I say this is that when attacking and you try to select something 2-5 but due to range or LoS block you accidentally target a friendly the auto attack seems to continue.

The only way I know of to fully disengage is to press ESC. Sometimes you have to quick spam it due to attack timing. Binding the ESC to a mouse button (if you have a gaming mouse) would work I should think.

Peace.

Grandmaster
Order of the Empyrean Shield [OES]

Toggle autotarget

Posted by: Narkodx.1472

Narkodx.1472

I think that is incorrect. It de-highlights the current target but the targeting is still there. The reason I say this is that when attacking and you try to select something 2-5 but due to range or LoS block you accidentally target a friendly the auto attack seems to continue.

The only way I know of to fully disengage is to press ESC. Sometimes you have to quick spam it due to attack timing. Binding the ESC to a mouse button (if you have a gaming mouse) would work I should think.

Peace.

I think it depends if you have auto target on/off

I have it off and it works for me

Toggle autotarget

Posted by: Stupendous Man.4920

Stupendous Man.4920

Peace.

I think it depends if you have auto target on/off

I have it off and it works for me

When auto-target is off, yes you can deselect your target by clicking on the screen. However, some of us have autotarget on most of the time but we want to be able to turn it off by a keypress instead of having to open the settings page.

Toggle autotarget

Posted by: AlliedKhajiit.2794

AlliedKhajiit.2794

It would be useful, but personally I’ve just learned to play the game with autotargeting off all the time. You have to click on enemies constantly, but it’s not that bad.

Toggle autotarget

Posted by: Manu.6078

Manu.6078

…. You have to click on enemies constantly, but it’s not that bad.

Click with what? Somebody stole my mouse cursor since launch. I still looking for it.

Toggle autotarget

Posted by: DarkWasp.7291

DarkWasp.7291

It would be useful, but personally I’ve just learned to play the game with autotargeting off all the time. You have to click on enemies constantly, but it’s not that bad.

I have to click like 40 billion times to get… no wait nope… that’s still not the target I was aiming at.

^ Uses Guild Wars 2 character screenshots for desktop wallpapers.

Toggle autotarget

Posted by: unlucky.9285

unlucky.9285

^ this is the frustration I have against mesmers in pvp and wvw.. I know what I want to click but the screen drags or it clicks a clone.. its not easy to target moving people in this game =|

WHY!! cant we customise the mouse cursor to stay on the screen while using it to turn AND change the colour :C

Toggle autotarget

Posted by: CptTrips.6512

CptTrips.6512

maybe this can help you?
http://pandateemo.github.io/YoloMouse/

Toggle autotarget

Posted by: DarkWasp.7291

DarkWasp.7291

Actually I’ve always wanted a button that you hold to do skills as if they were untargetted without removing your target.

Lets say you’re playing ranger in PvP for example, 4 enemies are attacking you but you almost have the mesmer almost downed. You want to GS leap away but then immediately swap and start shooting arrows at the mesmer. Much easier to do if you didn’t lose your target.

^ Uses Guild Wars 2 character screenshots for desktop wallpapers.

Toggle autotarget

Posted by: Vegito.3048

Vegito.3048

This feature would be amazing.

Rantev [Warrior]

Toggle autotarget

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

……just sheet your weapon, that stops any attack still active……

Toggle autotarget

Posted by: Cheby Shev.4671

Cheby Shev.4671

Listen, the issue is not that we don’t know how to stop auto-attacking. This is about Autotargeting. We like Autotargeting most of the time, but need to be able to turn it off more easily in order to make use of various skills for mobility. When Autotargeting is enabled, your mobility skills will move you toward the nearest target, rather than in the direction you intend. What you have to do now, without a keybind, is keep the options window open all the time and off to the side, kind of like what many people do with their inventory, so that you can check and uncheck the Autotargeting setting, as needed. If would be great if ArenaNet would just add an optional keybind to toggle this setting, that’s all. Thanks

Toggle autotarget

Posted by: Solandri.9640

Solandri.9640

I just turn autotarget off and use Next Enemy or Nearest Enemy to target. Those can be bound to keys.

The only problem I’ve run into with this setup is with ranger sword. Each of the autoattacks on that weapon leaps when in combat (yes I know the description on one of them says it doesn’t – but it does if the previous attack hit a target). Due to Anet not allowing dodges during leaps, most ranger players have to resort to turning off autoattack when using this weapon and hitting 1 manually just to be able to use the dodge mechanic. But if your target dies with autotarget off, and you hit 1 once more, you will leap forward sometimes taking you off a cliff.

Toggle autotarget

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

I have auto-targeting off and use the manual ‘auto’ targetting(bound to a key). Trouble is, it doesn’t have the smarts to target an enemy. If there happens to be a moa closer, even if I’m not facing it, it gets targeted.

My kingdom for an option to never target neutrals.

Toggle autotarget

Posted by: Plok.5873

Plok.5873

Atm we have many functions on the Escape key, stop ability activation, drop target, stop auto-running, open menu.
Would be nice if we got separate key-binds for

• toggle auto-targeting
  • drop target
  • stop ability activation (nope, Stow/Draw Weapon doesn’t work universally)
  • open menu

Has been unsuccessfully requested before, though.

Pry Bar in yo’ face, You big disgrace / Box of Nails all over the place
Pet project: Outfit overhaul.