Tome of Knowledge secondary use?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

I am trying to make sense of what they said about skill points/scrolls/tomes from the stream. (tomes are the grey area issue, scrolls + skill points will become the MF material/currency)

I have every single character at 80 right now, and can currently use them for skill points only.

After the patch this will no longer be possible, and sounds like you won’t even be able to use them on level 80 characters.

So post-patch I will have these tomes and not even be able to use them?

I get a ton of these through PvP, so unless they change the PvP tracks, or give these a secondary use for Tomes. This would be a MASSIVE slap in the face!

Can we have a vendor or something to trade them in for something level 80s can use? Or allow them to be placed on the TP or something?

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

(edited by Zietlogik.6208)

Posted by: Muusic.2967

Muusic.2967

Be who you are and say what you feel for those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind
~Dr. Seuss

(edited by Muusic.2967)

Posted by: eekzie.5640

eekzie.5640

How is it a massive slap in the face?
Tomes of knowledge were always intended for leveling up, not after level 80 use.
Scrolls of knowledge will maintain their current use, just in a different shape.

Zietlogik.6208

How is it a massive slap in the face?
Tomes of knowledge were always intended for leveling up, not after level 80 use.
Scrolls of knowledge will maintain their current use, just in a different shape.

Because I have no say in the matter when I get these, I PvP alot and these things are handed out like candy, but at least they have 1 use for me right now…to burn into skill points.

After the patch though, I will have 0 use, zero, nilch, nada…in fact I may not even be ABLE to use them just to burn. That is a bit of a slap in the face, as the precious poster said, this completely nullifies and unrewards veteran players. People who have all 80, are given useless items that give absolutely nothing in return….ya

Believe me, if I could choose to NOT get these things from PvP tracks, I would have done so ages ago.

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Maybe they will change the function after the update that if you use them on a level 80 you get the new “Mystic Spark” currency. (Name made up)

It might be a good idea to make a suggestion thread about it.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

eekzie.5640

Because I have no say in the matter when I get these, I PvP alot and these things are handed out like candy, but at least they have 1 use for me right now…to burn into skill points.

After the patch though, I will have 0 use, zero, nilch, nada…in fact I may not even be ABLE to use them just to burn. That is a bit of a slap in the face, as the precious poster said, this completely nullifies and unrewards veteran players. People who have all 80, are given useless items that give absolutely nothing in return….ya

Believe me, if I could choose to NOT get these things from PvP tracks, I would have done so ages ago.

You choose not to make alts, which is fine. You can always use them for black lion chest key farming.

Aside from that, this is intentional and skill points are so easy to get anyway I don’t feel like it’s a big loss.

Zietlogik.6208

You choose not to make alts, which is fine. You can always use them for black lion chest key farming.

Aside from that, this is intentional and skill points are so easy to get anyway I don’t feel like it’s a big loss.

Chose not to make alts? I have one of every class at 80 (which means I have purchased extra character slots) Why does that matter? this isn’t a “choice” matter

eekzie.5640

Chose not to make alts? I have one of every class at 80 (which means I have purchased extra character slots) Why does that matter? this isn’t a “choice” matter

Well they are only for leveling up, so if you don’t have anything to level up then tough luck… I don’t feel it’s an issue.