Tomes of Knowledge

Tomes of Knowledge

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: MHE Tiger.4875

MHE Tiger.4875

So I have a decent number of these saved up. Reading around I have found that there is a possibility the usage of these will be changed with HoT?

My question is, should I use them now to roll a new profession I’ve never played or save them for the Revenant?

Thanks!

Tomes of Knowledge

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

Those are some silly rumours, there is no proof.

Tomes of Knowledge

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

We haven’t heard anything official planned.
A few rumors, people trolling no doubt, claiming various limits will be placed on them, once a day, once an hour, etc, to slow people from jumping straight to 80.
Although the exact point of such a thing is beyond me.

I myself am saving what I have for my revenant, more to ease the leveling process more than skip it.
So I have a chance to get better acquainted with the class before I hit 80 (I just learn them better that way myself)

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

Tomes of Knowledge

Posted by: Mojo Gris Gris.5941

Mojo Gris Gris.5941

The only definitive news I’ve read is bolded below:

“What we had were two systems that should have been using two different currencies, and now they do. Every source that used to give scrolls of knowledge will now give spirit shards, which Miyani will accept for her materials. A few things will change to accommodate this split:

Tomes of knowledge will level you up if you are under level 80 and give one spirit shard if you’ve reached level 80.
Writs of experience can only be used if you’re under level 80, and they can be traded in to Miyani for a tome of knowledge at a rate of 20 writs per tome.

Leveling up after level 80 no longer grants skill points, but level 80 characters will be able to loot spirit shards off of monsters.
Any scrolls of knowledge that you have in your possession will automatically be converted to spirit shards, and any source that used to award scrolls of knowledge will now grant spirit shards."

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/updating-your-wallet/

Tomes of Knowledge

Posted by: JediYoda.1275

JediYoda.1275

They will be the same as they are now when H.O.T comes out Anet had said this.
So if you want to insta lvl 80 on release you can do so if you whish.

“If only ANet had some kind of forum they could use to communicate with us……”
“ANet. They never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity to not mess up.”
Mod “Posts created to cause unrest with unfounded claims are not allowed” lmao

(edited by JediYoda.1275)

Tomes of Knowledge

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

The only definitive news I’ve read is bolded below:

“What we had were two systems that should have been using two different currencies, and now they do. Every source that used to give scrolls of knowledge will now give spirit shards, which Miyani will accept for her materials. A few things will change to accommodate this split:

Tomes of knowledge will level you up if you are under level 80 and give one spirit shard if you’ve reached level 80.
Writs of experience can only be used if you’re under level 80, and they can be traded in to Miyani for a tome of knowledge at a rate of 20 writs per tome.

Leveling up after level 80 no longer grants skill points, but level 80 characters will be able to loot spirit shards off of monsters.
Any scrolls of knowledge that you have in your possession will automatically be converted to spirit shards, and any source that used to award scrolls of knowledge will now grant spirit shards."

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/updating-your-wallet/

I found an interesting bug. While 1-point scrolls were converted 3-point ones were not.

Tomes of Knowledge

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

I’ve got enough to instant 80 for a rev when I get HoT. The rest I get I use to get a BLK.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Tomes of Knowledge

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

I found an interesting bug. While 1-point scrolls were converted 3-point ones were not.

Does it still say skill points or does it say spirit shards?
My 5 skill point scroll wasn’t auto converted either, but it still gave (and said it gave) spirit shards

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon