Tomes of Knowledge and Black Lion Chest

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Chiccotot.7296

Chiccotot.7296

Can we get rid of it in the chest? Seriously, i’m drowning in it.
People get it from PVP, from Dungeon Rewards, WvW Track, daily rewards system…
We don’t need more Level up tomes, can you remove it please, to give us better chances of getting something of more worth than that..

Heck, i’d even take bank express over it any day, every day.

Thanks

(edited by Chiccotot.7296)

Posted by: Silberfederling.9302

Silberfederling.9302

Last chest had two tomes and a transmu charge, good thing i only had 170 of them after changing the race of my mes, guard, rev, ranger and a new warrior, otherwise i would run out of tomes soon.
Sarcasm off.
I really wish they would vanish, on the other hand i think they serve to keep the interesting stuff rare and therefore encourage key purchases. That is ofc if you can buy gems and your method of payment still exists.

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

What about the people that don’t do any of those?

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

What about the people that don’t do any of those?

Well they get a bunch from the login rewards too. Even if they do the daily/slacker pvp, they’ll still get a bunch.

I’m with the op. Please remove the tomes from the chests. imo they should only contain stuff from the gemstore itself.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

There was a thread about this a couple weeks ago. Some players actually do appreciate the tomes of knowledge. Buying black lion keys with cash or gold has never really given players a great value. Removing the tomes won’t really change that.

Posted by: Amadan.9451

Amadan.9451

i was about to write a post about tome of kowledge, i have all my class at level 80 and all my alts at level 80, i finished all the masteries, what do i do with this endless supply of tome of knowledge?
can we have something to use them with? maybe turn them into laurels or mystic coins which are becoming the most expensive currency in tyria?

Looking for a gay friendly guild?
Join the Rainbow Pride

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

i was about to write a post about tome of kowledge, i have all my class at level 80 and all my alts at level 80, i finished all the masteries, what do i do with this endless supply of tome of knowledge?
can we have something to use them with? maybe turn them into laurels or mystic coins which are becoming the most expensive currency in tyria?

You can turn them into spirit shards.

Posted by: Amadan.9451

Amadan.9451

You can turn them into spirit shards.

Didn’t remember that, although i already have thousands of those

Looking for a gay friendly guild?
Join the Rainbow Pride

Posted by: Radiobiology.6185

Radiobiology.6185

Yes, this game definately needs less tomes of knowledge.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Black Lion Chests are a gambling mechanic created to dupe the susceptible out of their money while providing little beyond trash, on a very rare basis, in order to be able to deflect accusations of internet gambling targeted at children as well as adults.

If you are going to gamble for trash, complaining that one particular category of putrescence is particularly undesirable compared to another seems a bit odd to me.