Tomes of knowledge after HoT

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

“Mastery training bar completely replaces the experience bar, players who’ve reached level 80 will no longer gain levels but will instead train Masteries. This means characters that have reached level 80 will no longer gain skill points through leveling.” (From reimagining progression on the main gw2 page)

What will happen with tomes of knowledge after the expansion? Will it help with the mastery track since leveling up won’t add skill points? Will I even be able to use them on my 80’s at all? Should I use them for skill points now if I don’t intend to make several other characters (I have a lot of tomes)? Clarification would be greatly appreciated

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I would assume that tomes would have to be reworked, otherwise they would lose a chunk of their value.

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

You will be able to make a new revenant, use your tomes of knowledge to get it to lvl 80, and the get started right away on the new maps.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I doubt you’ll get a clarification. However I would expect the tomes to be either reworked before hand or afterwards. Too many people are getting them in the login or PvP rewards for them not to.

Aberrant.6749

I would assume that tomes would have to be reworked, otherwise they would lose a chunk of their value.

I hope so, but nothing has been said. At worst I would pop them before HoT for the skill points.

You will be able to make a new revenant, use your tomes of knowledge to get it to lvl 80, and the get started right away on the new maps.

I would still have 272 left over if I did that now and I’ll be getting more from PvP/login before HoT comes out. I’m wondering if they’ll be useful outside of leveling characters to 80 after HoT.

I doubt you’ll get a clarification. However I would expect the tomes to be either reworked before hand or afterwards. Too many people are getting them in the login or PvP rewards for them not to.

It would be nice if they did seeing as a lot of PvP players have oodles of them.

Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

It would be nice if they allowed you to speed up Mastery XP gain, but I suspect that they will simply continue to give you 1 skill point after you reach level 80.

Aberrant.6749

It would be nice if they allowed you to speed up Mastery XP gain, but I suspect that they will simply continue to give you 1 skill point after you reach level 80.

I would be fine with either, but them removing the XP bar from all level 80’s makes me wonder.

Tarnished Coast