Tone down the Wings - this is not Aion2!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

Seriously, can you please tone down a bit with the addings of permanently new Gemstore Wings?

This here isn’t Aion 2, its still Guild Wars 2 and we should have for gods sake a Gemstore, that is MORE CREATIVE, than vgutting out basically every 2 weeks since the release of Heart of Thorns mostly only (like 90%+) basically always just new Wing Skins, as if there wouldn’t exist tons of other things that could receive also new skins, like there isn’t tons of unused potential still for completely new visual things you could improve with the ganme, other thna just always only Wings like theres no tomorrow or like as it seems your designers know of anythign else anymore, than to make permanently new wings…

Please be more creative for now and give us for some time a BREAK from new wings, we have more than enough of them by now…
Itss time that you give your artists hopefully a NEW TOPIC, or maybe 2 or 3 that can change out every few weeks, so that there isn#t just the feeling like with Wings, now, that you constantly produce always only the same boring stuff and ignore everything else.

• It would be nice of you, if you could continue for now for example with the Cosmic Gatherign Tools and complete the Set by adding a Cosmic Pickaxe and a Cosmic Sickle so that the Cosmic Set gets complete.
  • But theres also use unused themes for Gathering tools, so far the Elemental Sets are also inclomplete, we have yet to see wind based gathering tools like a Wind Spirit Sicle that creates for example a whirlwind of razorsharp air to cut for you plants or a Sonic Wind Logaxe for trees that cuts wood with strong sonic blades into pieces. That would be nice and for me personally an instant buy, because im waitign since the very first perma gatherign tool on some wind based style ones (and with wind I mean NOT lightnings, but actually real wind/air)
  • There is still some God Based Outfits missing like for example
    - Kormir Outfit
    - Abaddon Outfit
    - Grenth Outfit
    - Melandru Outfit

After that it would be nice to see also outfits based on the lore of the other races!! (and improve more NPCs with them also too to add the looks to them as well)

Norn:

• Bear Shaman Outfit
  • Wolf Shaman Outfit
  • Raven Shaman Outfit
  • Leopard Shaman Outfit

Asura:

• Static Outfit
  • Synergy Outfit
  • Dynamic Outfit

Charr:

• Flame Legion Outfit
  • Blood Legion Outfit
  • Iron Legion Outfit
  • Ash Legion Outfit

Sylvari:

• Dawnbringer Outfit
  • Nightbringer Outfit
  • Duskbringer Outfit
  • Daybringer Outfit
    (These wouldn’t maybe much so much sense, but I think each race should be treated equally and it could be used to give Sylvary just some general alternative stylisch birthtime themed visual body looks more that are a bit stronger influenced by the time moment of birth from them actually that make also in unique ways differently strogner also usage of the glowing effects of sylvari)

There are are completely untouched things Anet can do to get something new as topic for the artists to work on as gemstore Items, that is something completely new, not Gathering Tool, not Weapon Skin, not Wing Skin, not Minipet (something you shpould tone down a bit tooo and instead implement for once again some new Minipet Collection Sets instead!! Give Gemstore Minipets also a break, its enough)

Work maybe for once on something completely new and creative:

• Skill Skins
  • Mounts (New Toys)
  • New Fun Items
  • NEW EMOTES
  • NEW DANCES
  • New Character Creation Options for Charr Fur, Asura Pigments, Sylvari Body Styles, Norn Tattoos and give maybe humans something special too, like “Divine Marks”, somethign with that you can personify your character more visually with one of the Gods, thats not a back item, an outfit or so, but that comes from Character Creation, it cpould be something that for example makes human dances visually a bit more flashy based on which God you follow for example
  • New Gemstore Guild Hall Decorations?? (should be I think a no brainer, or not??, and could be used later maybe also for Player Housing, should this ever come)
  • New Automatic Help Tools (stuff that helps you to organize easier your Inventory and keep it clean, for those that want to have that, like Automatic Sell Function, like Automatic Salvage Function, like Automatic Account Chest Move Function, so that you can program literaly with these functions, what it should do automatically with all incoming items for you, unless you deactivate these functions. I’d cont these Functions as “Account Upgrades”

I prsonally would instantly be these Automatic Tools, because then I could tell my account, that it should automatically sell for me all trash loot (let this cost also automatically cost a small fee of a few copper to silver based on the worth of the received gains from the auto selling for basically skipping to have to run to a NPC for this)
Or i could tell my acokitten then, that it instantly automatically salvages all my blues and greens and moves the salvaged materials into my account chest, until it is full and tel me with a small notification once the account chest is full, that automatic movement to chest has been temporarely deactivated, until I clean my account chest and more again room for new materials to be automatically moved to the chest

Thats for me quality of live features, that this game needs. Less pointless clicking wars, more enjoymanet of the game!! and if this quality costs some mone,y then thats fine for me, in the end its still for everybody 100% optional to buy it and nobody who would have it would have any andvantages over other players, such such automatic functions would be no pay2Win at all, just good mechanics, that would make playing the game more joyful and entertaining, with alot leser forced clickings for everything….just to get your inventory organized… when all of this are things, that the game could make for me automatically based on what I told my account to do for me and when exactly.
We have Automatic Looting, then should be automatic Inventory management also no problem!

• Then you could also work on more Hair and Face Styles a bit more constantly please.
    I don’t think or can believe, that a hair/facestyle means more work, than adding a new Wing Skin, or a new Weapon Skin, its somethign that should get added more frequently please, they also help sinificantly in making our charactrs naturally more unique, so more different face and hairstyles there are, so better, because the more there exist, so smaller become the chances to ever meet in the game a 100% exact same copy of one self running around Stuff like this is it, fro mwhich we really cant have enough, but wings??? God no….
  • I mentioned more fun items, with this i mean stuff like the water bomb fun item, or box of fun and such things, or more Music instruments, theres still so much Music Instruments that I’d love to see getting add as like also in general some signifcant improvements to playing music instrunments, that makes it also easier for players with latency problems or which play in general no music instruments in real life to become able to play msuic with instruments, that actually sounds good and gapless.
    A system that helps for example to program for the instrument a music sheet, tghat the character plays then automatically without that we have to press any buttons or so, so that we can just listen to the music getting played automaticalyl woulds be awesome, but thats an other topic and hasnät right now to do with gemstore creativity…

That is just the point, that more added music instruments would be cool:

- Normal Guitar (and please fix the Bass Guiat to actually sound like a good Bass Guitar and not like a broken car motor!)
- Violin
- Triangle
- Ocarina/Pan Flute
- Zylophone
- Rattles/Claps
- Saxophone
- Tambourines
… and many more

Theres so much more awsome instruments that would be cool to get together, that if we could get then many players togerth with all kindso different instruments playing toger we could get some kind of cool ingame orchestra together ^^ That was always my personal vision I had from the very moment on when I suggested playable music
instruments as one of the very first people here in the forums.
But with the very few instruments we have so far, this isn’t really possible, or wouldnt sound very good, because the broad variety of instruments would be just missing to make it sound epic when like douzends of players would play together synchronized their instruments.. Have seen already some very good duets ingame, but I’d so love to see some kind of big orchestra with many players

If you guys share with me my opinion, that its enough for now with wings and if you also want again more creativity in the Gemstore with changing different things each time and not everytime weeks per weeks per weks the same things until it comes everyone out of their ears, then voice up here guys!!

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

I concur. The wings were fun at first, I guess (I never liked any of them). I suppose people still buy them, but there are better investment opportunities that redecorating wings repeatedly.

+1

NSPride <3

Posted by: Kraggy.4169

Kraggy.4169

I agree, it’s got totally ridiculous now with all wing-beladen Charr in particular looking ridiculous, not to mention they’re so large that sometimes it’s impossible to see NPCs or other world object if a couple of Charr are crowding them.

I’m sure though sadly they’re making Anet a lot of cash so we’ll see loads more of them, not fewer, I fear. They should have remained glider skins.

Posted by: SlackerATC.5934

SlackerATC.5934

I read the first sentence. I like more wing options because it means people will use less of the one I have and thus my basic glider is more rare, and you can dye it.

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

I want to see more glider options, but fewer back piece wing sets.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Posted by: danielrjones.8759

danielrjones.8759

I feel giving the design teams a theme/topic is one of the best ideas I’ve heard. Would be nice to see what they would come up with.

Posted by: niea.7504

niea.7504

So many tears :’(

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

Personally I was thinking that with the first set of wings way back when in GW1. :P

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik