Tonics update 9/29

Tonics update 9/29

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Sinbold.8723

Sinbold.8723

" Tonics: Fixed a bug that would allow leaving a tonic transform to trigger the effects of traits and runes that worked from heal use."

Why was this done? I put centaur runes on my mesmer’s armor because mesmer is the slowest class in the game, and carried infinite tonics to give me a speed boost in wvw. Now I’m back to having a speed boost for only 5 of every 10 seconds. Its not like I was the only one doing this in wvw- its been going on for over 3 years. Other classes have 25% speed boost signets, but not mesmer. Oh, but we have blink! Sorry, no. Even with blink, mesmer’s cannot keep up with the zerg. And no, staff 2 is not 100% reliable if I want to go forward.

I really want to keep playing this game, but you keep nerfing our work-arounds.

Tonics update 9/29

Posted by: MauricioCezar.2673

MauricioCezar.2673

So, you were propositally glitching the game, and now that it is fixed you come to forums to whine about it? I cant say if you are being serious or just making fun out of us all.

Tonics update 9/29

Posted by: JediYoda.1275

JediYoda.1275

Because it was bug and people like you openly admitted abusing it to gain an advantage ! +1 Anet

“If only ANet had some kind of forum they could use to communicate with us……”
“ANet. They never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity to not mess up.”
Mod “Posts created to cause unrest with unfounded claims are not allowed” lmao

Tonics update 9/29

Posted by: xiune.9812

xiune.9812

carry a focus…

Tonics update 9/29

xiune.9812

carry a focus… with focus, mimic, and blink you can move fairly quick.

Tonics update 9/29

Posted by: WereDragon.6083

WereDragon.6083

Because it’s a bug, bugs get fixed openly exploiting the bug because it makes the game easier for you is wrong.

What do we say to the god of death? Not Today….
Eleshod|80 Thief|Tarnished Coast
Malsavias|80 Necromancer| Tarnished Coast

Tonics update 9/29

Posted by: Dradiin.8935

Dradiin.8935

I think when i was complaining about speed someone told me to get Travellers runes…

Tonics update 9/29

Posted by: Qugi.2653

Qugi.2653

Mesmer will get travel speed signet with HoT if you play Cronomancer trait line.

;)

Tonics update 9/29

Posted by: Bandit.8279

Bandit.8279

Just carry a focus, a pocket ele/guradian/warrior or just wait a few weeks and go Chrono.

Fools N Gold [FNG] of Tarnished Coast

Tonics update 9/29

Sinbold.8723

Focus is garbage. Anet never said it was a glitch or bug. And I have no idea what “propositally” means. Trav runes seriously degrade power on a zerk build.

There are so many other game breaking bugs in this game that are actually acknowledged as game breaking bugs. Show me anywhere where Anet said centaur runes should never work with an infinite tonic and I’ll change my opinion.

Tonics update 9/29

Posted by: Qugi.2653

Qugi.2653

Show me anywhere where Anet said centaur runes should never work with an infinite tonic and I’ll change my opinion.

I guess they just did with today patch. They say basically all rune should not get this ability with tonic by making change today.

Again with Chronomancer trait Mesmer will get speed travel signet like other profession. Less than a month now to wait for that.

;)

Tonics update 9/29

Sinbold.8723

Not to mention, before I changed to centaur runes I came here to search for any evidence that their previous behavior with infinite tonics WAS a bug or glitch. No such evidence was found. Evidence WAS found that this was an accepted speed boost and superior alternative to trav runes. Had any dev at any time said on THESE forums that this was unintended and would be fixed in the future, I would not have made the change. Accusing me of glitching or abusing something that was accepted behavior is just wrong.

Tonics update 9/29

Posted by: WereDragon.6083

WereDragon.6083

There are so many other game breaking bugs in this game that are actually acknowledged as game breaking bugs. Show me anywhere where Anet said centaur runes should never work with an infinite tonic and I’ll change my opinion.

Tonics: Fixed a bug that would allow leaving a tonic transform to trigger the effects of traits and runes that worked from heal use.

Right there, in the patch notes

On future reference Anet usually doesn’t announce known bugs cause they don’t want people /exploiting/ said known bugs. =P

What do we say to the god of death? Not Today….
Eleshod|80 Thief|Tarnished Coast
Malsavias|80 Necromancer| Tarnished Coast

Tonics update 9/29

Posted by: Late For Tea.1846

Late For Tea.1846

Accusing me of glitching or abusing something that was accepted behavior is just wrong.

I’ll accuse you of lacking common sense. Anyone could realize this wasn’t intentional, and pretending otherwise only makes you look like a fool.
I gladly traded some damage for the speed boost of traveler runes, can’t have everything in life after all.

Tonics update 9/29

Posted by: dsslive.8473

dsslive.8473

Why not just use the healing mantra, trait it to be able to use it three times and you’ll easily ahve 100% uptime swittness. Atleast that’s what i do.

Tonics update 9/29

Posted by: MauricioCezar.2673

MauricioCezar.2673

From gw2 wiki about sixth tier of centaur runes:

+20% Movement speed increased by 33%; stacks duration. Swiftness duration; when you use a heal skill , you and all nearby allies gain Movement speed increased by 33%; stacks duration. Swiftness for 10 seconds.

So, where there is stated that it gave the effect from tonic transformations? If it does not state it, but still does it – then it is a bug. If it is a bug, and you use it for your own purposes, then you are abusing it. If you are abusing a bug to have benefits out of it, you should be grateful for not being banned or punished for violating the rules of conduct, and not whining about the fix for the bug.

Tonics update 9/29

xiune.9812

Focus is garbage. Anet never said it was a glitch or bug. And I have no idea what “propositally” means. Trav runes seriously degrade power on a zerk build.

1) I agree, anything that gives 100% up time on reflects, allows pulling of mobs/opponents, and gives swiftness is obviously a trash weapon.

2) tonic/heal skill… I know the two sound almost the same and are spelled very closely to each other but some type of hint in the description screams bug to me… I just can’t put my finger on it though.

Tonics update 9/29

Sinbold.8723

These are the posts I saw and read before making my change. At no time does a dev show up and say its a bug or exploit.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/2b222n/what_to_work_on_after_hitting_80/
https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/2twe8d/100_world_completion_no_deaths_in_less_then_30/
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/mesmer/WvW-small-group-chasing-high-damage-build
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/free-swiftness

Xiune, I don’t like focus because the phantasm just stands in one spot and is too easy for an opponent to dodge. Thank you for your comment “carry a focus… with focus, mimic, and blink you can move fairly quick.”

Tonics update 9/29

Posted by: JediYoda.1275

JediYoda.1275

These are the posts I saw and read before making my change. At no time does a dev show up and say its a bug or exploit.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/2b222n/what_to_work_on_after_hitting_80/
https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/2twe8d/100_world_completion_no_deaths_in_less_then_30/
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/mesmer/WvW-small-group-chasing-high-damage-build
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/free-swiftness

Xiune, I don’t like focus because the phantasm just stands in one spot and is too easy for an opponent to dodge. Thank you for your comment “carry a focus… with focus, mimic, and blink you can move fairly quick.”

Like it was already pointed out in above post Anet doesn’t always acknowledge bugs to prevent players from abusing them.

Life isn’t always fair!!!!!!!!! :P

“If only ANet had some kind of forum they could use to communicate with us……”
“ANet. They never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity to not mess up.”
Mod “Posts created to cause unrest with unfounded claims are not allowed” lmao

Tonics update 9/29

Posted by: HaxTester.9816

HaxTester.9816

Choxie discovered an exploit with tonics. Maybe he and the viewers reported it en masse, that’s probably why arenanet fixed it quickly/included in this patch.

Anvil Rockers Unite!

Tonics update 9/29

Sinbold.8723

Tonics: Fixed a bug that would allow leaving a tonic transform to trigger the effects of traits and runes that worked from heal use.

Right there, in the patch notes

On future reference Anet usually doesn’t announce known bugs cause they don’t want people /exploiting/ said known bugs. =P

lolololololololol…. how about BEFORE the patch? Show me something from before the patch and I’ll send you 10 gold.

Tonics update 9/29

Sinbold.8723

Choxie discovered an exploit with tonics. Maybe he and the viewers reported it en masse, that’s probably why arenanet fixed it quickly/included in this patch.

Holey Moley! That IS game breaking! I had no idea this was doable before the patch.

After watching that video, I’m completely changing my tune and agreeing with the nerf.

Tonics update 9/29

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Was the OP seriously claiming that tonics affecting traits and skills was intended behavior? That tonics were DESIGNED to interact with traits????

O.o

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.