Too many Account bound materials

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Boogiepop Void.6473

Boogiepop Void.6473

I am swimming in piles of Airship Oil, Exalted dust, Bloodstone, Empyreal Shards, Dragonite, Amalgamated Gemstones, etc. There is too much of it, it is all account bound, and the bank fills up so quickly. Sure, a few of them have eaters like Mawdrey II or Princess, but even that barely addresses the problem for those materials and in any case doesn’t help with any of the others. Please just unbind these basic high level materials so we can send them around.

Ironically some of the other materials, such as anything charged due to the ludicrous time gating and difficulty in acquiring Quartz, are in very short supply.

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

They are meant to be crafted, but you probably don’t like that either.

Posted by: Tekoneiric.6817

Tekoneiric.6817

My biggest problem is airship oil atm. I suggested a Pact Airship Memorial in LA to act as a sink for it. Contribute 250 airship oil once a day to keep an eternal flame burning and get something in return. Maybe a hard to get crafting material; obsidian shards, ley-line sparks or something else. A few weeks and everyone would burn thru their excess. They’d be looking for ways to get it. It might make people hit the HoT maps more when they run out.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I had quite a bit of Bloodstone Dust saved up before acquiring Herta, but considering it eats 250 per day, they didn’t last long. If you are acquiring more than 250 per day, you might consider opening your bags on a lower-level character.

Same with Empyreal Fragments and Dragonite. I only acquire enough of those to use the eaters once or twice a week.

As to the others, perhaps more eaters are on the way. In the meantime, if you’d rather not store them, and you feel they are extremely easy to acquire, discard them; they will be easy to acquire, should you ever need them.

CMM.6712

I like the idea of the eternal flame thing, and it would fit lore-wise even. Something using airship oil and even auric dust, they are really stacking up! As far as the others, I make bricks or vision crystal periodically for storage or just delete them!! Not like there won’t be more to come!

Posted by: Skynet.7201

Skynet.7201

Or maybe some people don’t like the price of the Thermocatalytic Reagents to craft them for how little they are used.

We created the perfect infiltration machine.
Join 9K+ GW2 players: https://www.facebook.com/groups/GW2Gamers/
All are welcome!

Posted by: Gendou.9620

Gendou.9620

The simple solution to this is to just lower the amount dropped and some how compensate players so the end result in crafting with them gives the same amount of mats. Bloodstone dust for instance… you need 100 for one bar? but can only store 250, and lets be real here, you easily max it out from boss running before you even think of going to craft them all. Why not make 1/10 drop and make them cost 10 for a bar and apply a similar system to all of them. Yeah sure there are some exceptions, but maybe for ones that are already lower in cost to craft, make them have a much lower drop rate and craft multiples instead? In my opinion it makes no sense to have SOOOO many ascended materials drop in comparison to common ones.

CMM.6712

Or maybe some people don’t like the price of the Thermocatalytic Reagents to craft them for how little they are used.

I tend to agree they are a bit pricey.

Posted by: Boogiepop Void.6473

Boogiepop Void.6473

The problem is that these extremely common high tier materials all depend on extremely uncommon materials like Obsidian Shards to craft anything. So while I have built up huge stocks of these materials, I don’t have obsidian shards to craft them into anything. I’m sure that at some point the stuff I craft them into will also rack up, but for now it’s the base materials that are the issue for me.

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

Yep, they are.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

CMM.6712

I got a ton of obi shards from chest farming SW. Every so often you get 10 at a time.

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

The problem is that these extremely common high tier materials all depend on extremely uncommon materials like Obsidian Shards to craft anything. So while I have built up huge stocks of these materials, I don’t have obsidian shards to craft them into anything. I’m sure that at some point the stuff I craft them into will also rack up, but for now it’s the base materials that are the issue for me.

Mate, Obsidian Shards are not difficult to come by, you can event/chest farm the SW for them and get plenty, then head to Glorious Victory Waypoint — [&BPoCAAA=] and if the temple is open, buy as many as you need for 2.1k Karma each.

Posted by: telliani.5902

telliani.5902

Amalgamated Gemstones in your list aren’t account bound… you can sell them for nearly 2 gold a pop.

Geigi (Queen of the Dredge) – Mesmer
[HOPE] – Hope Remains, Crystal Desert

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

The problem with that is they only crafted into Amalgmated Gemstones which only matters if you are making a legendary or into Fulgurite. Fulgurite is required to craft the new HoT stats but it can also be completely skipped by crafting a core state then converting the stat. It might even save you some map specific currency to do that.

The other source of the problem is that they made the insignia/inscription require 25/50 fulgurite while making them drop more than 1 at a time. They did the same with the other ascended crafting materials like dragonite and bloodstone dust.

I can only think of 2 reasons for doing that.
1) to waste space so people would have to be buy more expanders/bank tabs
2) try to make people feel like they are getting more stuff without actually giving more stuff

CMM.6712

The problem with that is they only crafted into Amalgmated Gemstones which only matters if you are making a legendary or into Fulgurite. Fulgurite is required to craft the new HoT stats but it can also be completely skipped by crafting a core state then converting the stat. It might even save you some map specific currency to do that.

The other source of the problem is that they made the insignia/inscription require 25/50 fulgurite while making them drop more than 1 at a time. They did the same with the other ascended crafting materials like dragonite and bloodstone dust.

I can only think of 2 reasons for doing that.
1) to waste space so people would have to be buy more expanders/bank tabs
2) try to make people feel like they are getting more stuff without actually giving more stuff

I was thinking more along the lines of making bricks with the pre-HoT ascended materials since those have a mat tab spot.

It is definitely nice to be able to change ascended gear with the MF recipe. I do hope they come out with one for trinkets and back pieces as well!!

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

I’m a big fan of the ‘delete’ feature for the piles of materials that I’ll never use.

SBI

Posted by: Tekoneiric.6817

Tekoneiric.6817

If they were to take my suggestion about an airship memorial they could give those for the donation. Something like 50 for 250 oil. It would encourage people to craft and go to HoT to get the oil.

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

I had quite a bit of Bloodstone Dust saved up before acquiring Herta, but considering it eats 250 per day, they didn’t last long. If you are acquiring more than 250 per day, you might consider opening your bags on a lower-level character.

Same with Empyreal Fragments and Dragonite. I only acquire enough of those to use the eaters once or twice a week.

As to the others, perhaps more eaters are on the way. In the meantime, if you’d rather not store them, and you feel they are extremely easy to acquire, discard them; they will be easy to acquire, should you ever need them.

Herta’s total kitten unless you use it in AB. Dont ever waste a stack of bloodstone dust on herta. 10 aurillium, 1 silver, and a trashy green to salvage are all you get. Meanwhile, you can get 5 times that out of mawdrey.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Waste a stack? It’s already considered just trash by so many. Whatever one receives, it’s more than one gets by deleting it. =)

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

Waste a stack? It’s already considered just trash by so many. Whatever one receives, it’s more than one gets by deleting it. =)

You’re better off crafting 2 sets of toxic utilities and saving 50 dust for the next day.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Then, I hope those that commonly delete their stacks of Account-bound materials, enjoy crafting and follow your advice.