Too many Keys and Tokens

Too many Keys and Tokens

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Boogiepop Void.6473

Boogiepop Void.6473

The number of keys and tokens has gotten out of hand. We have Zephyrite Lockpicks, Bandit Skeleton Keys, Bandit Shovels, Key of Greater Nightmares (and pieces), Pact Crowbars, Exalted Keys, Vials of Chak Acid, Machetes, Aetherkeys (in pieces and complete), Chak Eggs, and Reclaimed Metal Plates. All of these need to be in your inventory when you want to use them.

Counting the incomplete pieces, that is 12 items that, ideally, EVERY CHARACTER SHOULD HAVE unless you intend to never go a map with them. If you are fortunate enough to have shared inventory slots, these items take up all but 2 of them if you have the max available, and keep in mind that it costs, at current gem prices, 7490 gems or nearly $100 (or 2019 gold at time of writing) plus the $74.99 or $100 HoT edition.

If, like the majority of players, you do not have more than the single shared slot, then you have to park all your characters at Lions Arch or another bank location constantly so you can swap all these items into and out of every character’s inventory manually whenever they go to the relevant map so you have the ability to make full use of them.

This is ludicrous. Either these need to be added to the wallet so they are available to all characters or we need a keyring or some new shared system for them. You shouldn’t need to spend $150+ to be able to manage your inventory effectively, and if you have you should be able to use those slots as you want, not have them constantly occupied by these items.

(edited by Boogiepop Void.6473)

Too many Keys and Tokens

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

I will only do most of these maps on a single character for the reasons listed. It also happens to be the only character I can afford the extra bag slots on.

Too many Keys and Tokens

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

You can use the bank to store them and pull them out when you’re on a map that uses them.

Too many Keys and Tokens

Posted by: Sisriana.2384

Sisriana.2384

Well, you don’t have to keep Chak Eggs and Reclaimed Metal Plates on you. As long as you have them somewhere on your account, you’re good to go. I see your point though but I personally don’t play a lot of the maps all the time unless I need something. I do have shared slots but that’s my preference and it does make things easier for my play style. But before shared slots, I only played certain characters on certain maps (again my play style choice). Maybe one day we’ll get a cool “key ring” since this has been mentioned a couple of times. =]

#ThisRoseHasThorns
#LettuceLifeOP
#EloniaIsBae

Too many Keys and Tokens

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Why must you purchase the Deluxe or Ultimate Edition of Heart of Thorns? The Free Shared Inventory Slot comes with any purchase of Heart of Thorns. I’m not sure what an additional character slot, HoT Glider, Mini Revenant Rytlock, Guild Hall Decoration or Gems (Ultimate-only) (which are the things the Deluxe and Ultimate edition of HoT provide) would have to do with keys.

Too many Keys and Tokens

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Well, you don’t have to keep Chak Eggs and Reclaimed Metal Plates on you. As long as you have them somewhere on your account, you’re good to go. I see your point though but I personally don’t play a lot of the maps all the time unless I need something. I do have shared slots but that’s my preference and it does make things easier for my play style. But before shared slots, I only played certain characters on certain maps (again my play style choice). Maybe one day we’ll get a cool “key ring” since this has been mentioned a couple of times. =]

Well reclaimed plates do not work across characters for me. They only show what I am carrying. I dont carry in the bank, so no idea if that shows up.

Too many Keys and Tokens

Posted by: Sisriana.2384

Sisriana.2384

Well reclaimed plates do not work across characters for me. They only show what I am carrying. I dont carry in the bank, so no idea if that shows up.

Oh ok. Well that is probably why as I put mine in my bank. Maybe give that a try if you have the space to spare. Doesn’t solve the other issue but helps a bit.

#ThisRoseHasThorns
#LettuceLifeOP
#EloniaIsBae

Too many Keys and Tokens

Boogiepop Void.6473

I never knew that you didn’t need to have Chak Eggs and Reclaimed Plates on you. Given the description of the items and the way everything else works, I never even tried not having them with me. Still, that’s 10 shared slots occupied. And I mentioned doing the bank shuffle, but that means that you have to start and end every play session where you intend to change chars at a bank location, of which there are exactly 0 in all the HoT maps. And given the low numbers of waypoints and the difficulty of reaching some places (cough Tangled Depths cough), you don’t want to be pulling your characters out of place in a lot of cases.

Too many Keys and Tokens

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

Go into pvp lobby from anywere and poof bank access.

Too many Keys and Tokens

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

We do need some kind of key ring in the game.

Too many Keys and Tokens

Ayrilana.1396

Bank consumables or the permanent bank consumable.

You can also log each character off in front of the bank NPC in a city. There are very few places that cannot be reached within 60 seconds from a WP.

Too many Keys and Tokens

Posted by: blueberry.2504

blueberry.2504

I agree, and i have a feeling LS 3 will create even more keys and tokens mess. Why for every new content release even more of them, rather have it efficient and clean. They all have the same function, only another pic.

Too many Keys and Tokens

Boogiepop Void.6473

I agree, and i have a feeling LS 3 will create even more keys and tokens mess. Why for every new content release even more of them, rather have it efficient and clean. They all have the same function, only another pic.

They do it that way so that you can’t farm any one map and use the keys on another map with better rewards. Wouldn’t you rather farm Auric Basin than Tangled Depths if you could? It’s not inherently a bad idea, but the execution in terms of inventory management is where it falls down.

Too many Keys and Tokens

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

We definitely need a key ring.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Too many Keys and Tokens

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

+1 Vote for Keys-in-Wallet (aka, Keyring). We don’t need them for crafting, and we don’t need them clogging up our inventory.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Too many Keys and Tokens

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Oh ok. Well that is probably why as I put mine in my bank. Maybe give that a try if you have the space to spare. Doesn’t solve the other issue but helps a bit.

I will actually give that a try if it works. I’m always just one short when I go to DS..

Too many Keys and Tokens

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

These things are annoying but there is no point in carrying aetherkeys, reclaimed plates or chak eggs around with you.

Too many Keys and Tokens

Posted by: clone wars.9568

clone wars.9568

It does stink of a cash grab again, add a kitten load of different keys means no doubt they sell more bank slots and invent slots. Very greedy of anet. In GW1 we had two kinds of keys zkeys for the pvp chest and lockpicks that opened all other chests in the world (that even has a % chance not to brake meaning they could be reused). In gw2 we have about 10 different kinds and this number is increasing. Gw2 badly needs a cull of invent trash. DELETE ALL THE KEYS AND ADD LOCKPICKS!

Thanks.

Too many Keys and Tokens

Posted by: Krasex.4950

Krasex.4950

This game is sometimes stupid in so many levels, I mean they already have an account currency tab, why not add these items there?

Ok well, let me break it down for you, you see Anet is a business, they like money, they do this for money, without money there is no game. This game makes money from you buying extra bag lots and buying shared inventory slots.
People in this game CANNOT deny this game loot is kitten, you get a thousand champion bags, you open them, you get a million greens(worthless).
What i am trying to say is this game loot is TROLL, this game is designed to fill up your inventory with useless items.ALL my characters have around 70% full bags because of all the items they have, and they all have a purpose, like chak eggs, chak acid, exalted keys, blahblahblah

If you do WVW AND PVE on the same character GET READY TO BE TROLLED BY the loot system, your bags will always be full of useless items,then u do something get 5 chests with 10 champion bags, containing 20 greens and it takes 5 minutes of salvaging and trying to fix inventory.

I AM TIRED OF MANAGING my inventory because it is full, BUT FULL OF USELESS ITEMS. Why not make a keyring? WHY NOT? BECAUSE SALES WOULD GO DOWN
PEOPLE NOT NEED SO MUCH SPACE EHHH…. clever clever….

WELL PLAYED ANET.

Too many Keys and Tokens

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

I would like a universal currency and a universal key. I don’t think that’s in the cards. Players taught Anet over Karma that any universal currency will result in significant numbers of players playing the content getting the currency is easiest in and ignoring everything else. Since they then get what they want faster, they’re back demanding new stuff sooner.

This also means that new content will be done once, then the repetition will focus solely on the path of least resistance. This means fewer people to populate content that requires a lot of players to complete. This can be a problem for the longevity of group content.

A better solution to my mind would be to implement an account key chain which would store these items. They’d not take inventory space, and they’d be available on any character you cared to play at any given time. This would allow ANet to keep the benefits of content-specific currency without players having the annoyances in the current system.

Too many Keys and Tokens

Linken.6345

This game is sometimes stupid in so many levels, I mean they already have an account currency tab, why not add these items there?

Ok well, let me break it down for you, you see Anet is a business, they like money, they do this for money, without money there is no game. This game makes money from you buying extra bag lots and buying shared inventory slots.
People in this game CANNOT deny this game loot is kitten, you get a thousand champion bags, you open them, you get a million greens(worthless).
What i am trying to say is this game loot is TROLL, this game is designed to fill up your inventory with useless items.ALL my characters have around 70% full bags because of all the items they have, and they all have a purpose, like chak eggs, chak acid, exalted keys, blahblahblah

If you do WVW AND PVE on the same character GET READY TO BE TROLLED BY the loot system, your bags will always be full of useless items,then u do something get 5 chests with 10 champion bags, containing 20 greens and it takes 5 minutes of salvaging and trying to fix inventory.

I AM TIRED OF MANAGING my inventory because it is full, BUT FULL OF USELESS ITEMS. Why not make a keyring? WHY NOT? BECAUSE SALES WOULD GO DOWN
PEOPLE NOT NEED SO MUCH SPACE EHHH…. clever clever….

WELL PLAYED ANET.

You do know that the chest stack right no reason to open them up for those 20 greens while your still out killing npc/pc´s mate.

Too many Keys and Tokens

Posted by: Astra Lux.2846

Astra Lux.2846

Just bring back lockpicks. Put a vendor somewhere sells them, and also maybe exchanged keys for them.

Then again, it’d probably be a BL item

Too many Keys and Tokens

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

Just bring back lockpicks. Put a vendor somewhere sells them, and also maybe exchanged keys for them.

Same problem however. I could easily farm AB for keys, convert to lockpicks, then go to VB and open up a bunch of cargos without ever touching an event there.

Too many Keys and Tokens

Posted by: Astra Lux.2846

Astra Lux.2846

Same problem however. I could easily farm AB for keys, convert to lockpicks, then go to VB and open up a bunch of cargos without ever touching an event there.

ahh, true :/

Too many Keys and Tokens

Posted by: lokh.2695

lokh.2695

Points to sig.

Always 1+ for key-ring in our inventory.

ANet did the right thing once, introducing the Wallet for currencies and dungeon tokens and expanded the system. Great success. I hope they listen and do it again.

Sure, they make money on bank- and bag-space, on shared inventory slots, additional character slots and the salvage-trons. But as it was with the map currencies now found in the wallet, things start to get ridiculuos when they introduce a new token/key with every map of every update, to a level where i think it’s even too much for the devs. At least that’s how it felt when they brought the wallet into the game.

Just do it, m8s

+ : Keyrings, Underwater-Combat, Build Templates
- : Mounts, ViP-Player systems, HoT-like Xpacs
Have a nice day.

Too many Keys and Tokens

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

Like the key ring idea.

Shared slots are close but pricy given the variety of keys.

Too many Keys and Tokens

Posted by: Hooglese.4860

Hooglese.4860

I’d buy a keyring for like 10$. Better than a ton of crappy shared inv slots or using bank slots for them.

PvP
revenant – Hoogles Von Boogles
Mesmer – hoogelz

Too many Keys and Tokens

Posted by: Mysteriax.6049

Mysteriax.6049

This situation does remind me a lot of dungeon tokens before the Wallet was implemented.

And just like the Wallet, I believe the account-wide Keyring is a good solution to this problem.

Bad Axxe
Blissful Epidemic [Blis]
Gate of Madness

Too many Keys and Tokens

Posted by: DarkForcE.9210

DarkForcE.9210

consider playing multiple chars, shared inventory might answer your needs with an exchange of element in your wallets ;p

Too many Keys and Tokens

Posted by: Tekoneiric.6817

Tekoneiric.6817

The number of keys and tokens has gotten out of hand. We have Zephyrite Lockpicks, Bandit Skeleton Keys, Bandit Shovels, Key of Greater Nightmares (and pieces), Pact Crowbars, Exalted Keys, Vials of Chak Acid, Machetes, Aetherkeys (in pieces and complete), Chak Eggs, and Reclaimed Metal Plates. All of these need to be in your inventory when you want to use them.

Counting the incomplete pieces, that is 12 items that, ideally, EVERY CHARACTER SHOULD HAVE unless you intend to never go a map with them. If you are fortunate enough to have shared inventory slots, these items take up all but 2 of them if you have the max available, and keep in mind that it costs, at current gem prices, 7490 gems or nearly $100 (or 2019 gold at time of writing) plus the $74.99 or $100 HoT edition.

If, like the majority of players, you do not have more than the single shared slot, then you have to park all your characters at Lions Arch or another bank location constantly so you can swap all these items into and out of every character’s inventory manually whenever they go to the relevant map so you have the ability to make full use of them.

This is ludicrous. Either these need to be added to the wallet so they are available to all characters or we need a keyring or some new shared system for them. You shouldn’t need to spend $150+ to be able to manage your inventory effectively, and if you have you should be able to use those slots as you want, not have them constantly occupied by these items.

I agree, they have gotten out of hand. It wouldn’t be so bad if they were stored in the account wallet. I usually keep crowbars in a shared slot then I use the others with the character I frequent the maps with.

Too many Keys and Tokens

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Just press G while on any PvE map and goto the guild hall, use the scribe station to get your keys, then press G again, leave guild hall and you will be exactly back where you started.

Too many Keys and Tokens

Posted by: Torzini.1523

Torzini.1523

Or, as someone else mentioned, you can go into the PVP lobby (which has a bank) from anywhere. It isn’t hard. I do agree, though, that life would be simpler if all the keys were just currencies in the wallet— I’m not really sure why they aren’t now.

Too many Keys and Tokens

Linken.6345

Just press G while on any PvE map and goto the guild hall, use the scribe station to get your keys, then press G again, leave guild hall and you will be exactly back where you started.

and if guild dont have scribe station the same thing can be done in pvp lobby

Too many Keys and Tokens

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Just don’t do it in Verdant Brink or any map that tracks meta participation as a part of the rewards. (Or if you don’t care about those particular loot scraps, to the guild hall!)

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Too many Keys and Tokens

Ayrilana.1396

Just don’t do it in Verdant Brink or any map that tracks meta participation as a part of the rewards. (Or if you don’t care about those particular loot scraps, to the guild hall!)

As long as you come back to the same IP, you’re fine.