Too many humans...

Too many humans...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Shadowlancer.7102

Shadowlancer.7102

I’ve notice after the talk about the situation of less variety of races in player base, its continuing to become a real problem.

I’ve noticed on overflow and home servers; Humans are starting to take over by 86% with Norn at 7%, Sylvari at 3%, Asura at 2.98%, and Charr at 1.02%.

On top of that the Main Hide Out is Lion’s Arch by far due to Portals and all. However With Divinity’s Reach being the second hang out place. Most other cities are pretty much dead zones. “Note: Not counting the new characters created.”

Its kinda sad really, walking around in Black Citadel, Rata Sum, and The Grove, haven’t hung out much in Hoelbrak, but im sure that zone as well is a ghost town.

(edited by Shadowlancer.7102)

Too many humans...

Posted by: Isslair.4908

Isslair.4908

Meh, who needs xenos.
Glory to the Emperor!

EU Aurora Glade

Too many humans...

Posted by: Rhyse.8179

Rhyse.8179

Where you get those stats from? I see a much larger mix then that on my server.

Lions Arch was intended to be the main hub, so the fact that’s it’s the main hub isn’t really surprising. I go to Divinity’s Reach when I want to do crafting or something because there’s less lag, and the TP and crafting stations are much closer together with handy waypoints then they are in any other city. I’m sure others have noticed the same thing.

“I care nothing for a festering industry that wantonly refuses to
provide a service that I’m willing to purchase.” – Fortuna.7259

Too many humans...

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

Well all Charr are evil and must be wiped off the face of the planet so i can understand them being low level and am happy to hear it . As for Human and Norn being high its probably a comfort level thing .

Too many humans...

Isslair.4908

Oi! Me bois would like to huv a wurd with yah wid their dakkas! WAAAAAGGGGHHH!

‘Tis a pity there’s no greenskins in Tyria. hurrdurr. We even have skaven. Guess boyz ain’t that good of a survivors.

EU Aurora Glade

Too many humans...

Posted by: jusef.5261

jusef.5261

I’ve notice after the talk about the situation of less variety of races in player base, its continuing to become a real problem.

I’ve noticed on overflow and home servers; Humans are starting to take over by 86% with Norn at 7%, Sylvari at 3%, Asura at 2.98%, and Charr at 1.02%.

On top of that the Main Hide Out is Lion’s Arch by far due to Portals and all. However With Divinity’s Reach being the second hang out place. Most other cities are pretty much dead zones. “Note: Not counting the new characters created.”

Its kinda sad really, walking around in Black Citadel, Rata Sum, and The Grove, haven’t hung out much in Hoelbrak, but im sure that zone as well is a ghost town.

Too many humans...

Posted by: Robotsonik.4935

Robotsonik.4935

There are also way too many humans in the real world too. People flock to cities that have become main hubs like New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, London, Paris, Tokyo, Shanghai and Rome (to name a few) thanks to convenient access to various forms of quick travel, food, jobs and simply being able to connect with a large variety of other people and groups easier. The towns of people’s birth and origin have languished into ghost towns or stay sleepy and rural.

Yes, some benefit from a resurgence as people become tired of the city life and feel a need to reconnect with their roots. Other towns and villages find luck in being a tourist trap due to historical significance and/or unique attractions.

Society is a fickle beast

(edited by Robotsonik.4935)

Too many humans...

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

last i checked the real world doesent have Charr, (thank Lyssa) Sylvari , Assura, or Norn either

Too many humans...

Posted by: Vahn.9728

Vahn.9728

Isslair, does that mean Norns are space marines? :B

Too many humans...

Posted by: Cerulean.5142

Cerulean.5142

I will ask also, where did you get your numbers?

I think you must have stood around counting people but I believe your numbers are way off. On the different servers I have been on I have seen a wider variety of races. Not saying everyone are even but the population is closer then you have it.

Even Anet, what was it about 2 weeks ago, put out that chart showing the race breakdown and the numbers where a lot closer then yours, so they would have changed that much overnight.

Too many humans...

Posted by: Robotsonik.4935

Robotsonik.4935

last i checked the real world doesent have Charr, (thank Lyssa) Sylvari , Assura, or Norn either

Oh of course not, silly. LOL I was hoping that this sort of response wouldn’t be the first retort….but sadly….

Anyway, that’s not what I’m playfully pointing out! Gosh!!

What I’m simply saying is that inevitably these online communities take on a sort of reflection of reality. After the initial rush on the gates of every mmo, I’ve always marveled at how our real world human society begins to show through the fantasy facade of the game.

Inevitably, the in-game society chooses hub cities because of the amenities and convenience factors that are present there. (much the same in real life) Humanoid races seem to become the most prevalent because they’re more easily relatable.

I’m not really arguing with you all I’m simply offering a different perspective to the conversation!

Too many humans...

Posted by: Cousland.2187

Cousland.2187

Oi! Me bois would like to huv a wurd with yah wid their dakkas! WAAAAAGGGGHHH!

‘Tis a pity there’s no greenskins in Tyria. hurrdurr. We even have skaven. Guess boyz ain’t that good of a survivors.

Ah! Over time they’ve evolved into a feline creature you know today as Charr. How do I know this you may ask? If you shave a Charr you’ll find that their real skin colour is infact green.

Guess the boyz are here to stay. Muhahah!

Too many humans...

Posted by: Tito.3270

Tito.3270

Humans are the only classic rpg race in GW2, the other are just to different to be played by the older generation, if there would have been dwarfs/elves and orcs the race distribution would have been more even.

Too many humans...

Isslair.4908

Vahn, I wonder about their nature myself.

Cousland, blasphemy! Charr are mammals, while orkz are fungi.

EU Aurora Glade

Too many humans...

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Humans are the only classic rpg race in GW2, the other are just to different to be played by the older generation, if there would have been dwarfs/elves and orcs the race distribution would have been more even.

I really don’t think that’s it. I’ve been playing RPGs since Eye of the Beholder (1990) and if anything it makes anything that isn’t the usual selection more appealing because it gets boring having the same choices each time.

I’m not sure why but I’ve often heard that a lot of people just like playing as a human. I find it kind of strange because I tend to think it’s a bit boring personally (what with being a human in real life). But I suspect it’s like the question about why people play their own/another gender – everyone has their own reasons so you’re always going to get different answers.

In my case my main is a human because I wanted her to be descended from my GW1 characters and they all had to be human. But I’ve also got a sylvari, norn and a charr and I’m going to make an asura soon. If I ever add more characters I think they’re most likely to be charr or sylvari because they’re the ones I’ve had most fun with, but it really depends on what fits the character.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Too many humans...

Posted by: Chii.2814

Chii.2814

Isnt humans the highest population race lorewise anyways?

Too many humans...

Posted by: spacemayu.4817

spacemayu.4817

This is a good thing.

It means anyone that plays the other races will feel unique.

Certainly wouldn’t be as fun playing an asura if everyone was one.

Too many humans...

Posted by: Kill.3458

Kill.3458

Isnt humans the highest population race lorewise anyways?

Likewise humans are a dying race being dominated by everyone else including the up and coming sylvari.

Too many humans...

Posted by: Kill.3458

Kill.3458

Dang it auto correct ^^ meant to say lorewise

Too many humans...

Posted by: Kromica.2831

Kromica.2831

Weapons and armor look best on humans IMO, thats why after 500+ hrs on my norn guardian I rerolled a human guardian.

(edited by Kromica.2831)