Too many rewards in game now?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Q:

A majority of players seem to be happy with the direction Anet took to reverse a lot of negative feelings the community has had. Short term, this was good, because even hardcore fanboy players like myself were getting tired of the game. But in Anet’s haste to bring back hope to us, I think they made a mistake with the gamble that was taken. I’m wondering if there are too many rewards in game now?

Let’s take a look at rarity, and why it’s good for MMOs. Rarity in items creates two things: 1) Desire, and 2) Long term goals. When a player wants something that is rare, a choice is made to pursue the item or not. Depending on the desire of the individual player, a goal is made it obtain it. Goals are key to the longevity of games. It keeps players playing by putting a carrot on a stick. Some players need this carrot, or they lose interest in the game. This leads to a healthy game, because player population is a visible metric that others use to justify if GW2 is worth their time. Lots of players online = popular game = worth playing.

Some rare things are so hard to get, that it requires a lot of time and effort to obtain (i.e. Ex Machina title). To get this, you need to grind for a lot of lower level rewards, and a healthy dose of RNG for the rare Reclaimed Metal Plates. Some players at end game who have done next to everything available had something long term to work for. With the latest update, Reclaimed Metal Plates are now a guaranteed drop from map metas, and other required mats like ley crystals and airship parts seemed to have increase 10 fold. Something that I expected me to take months to obtain, now can be completed in a few days of farming. That’s not the only rare things to get a buff in drop rates. Ascended gear and mats drops a lot more frequently. Exotic drops seems to have increase as well. Super rare skins were added back to the drop table, which wrecked havoc on investments.

There are some who argue that they deserve these rewards, that they feel Entitled to having goodies rained upon then from the heavens. But there needs to be a balance in the frequency of the rewards. Anet’s well intentions of increasing output might have unforeseen consequences. Short term, a lot of players are back online, happy with full inventory bags worth of stuff. Getting a lot of rewards feels good, but in a few short days, we’ve seen how the market responded. Prices are dropping on a lot of goods, making things a lot cheaper to buy and less profitable to sell. Once players start completing their shopping lists of things they’ve wanted, we’re gonna be right back where we started, starving for new content to keep busy. MO already canceled the rest of the Legendary weapons, so that’s a long term goal put on hold. New Living Story arcs will keep some players busy, but Anet needs to remember how fast we can eat up content. If the next expansion isn’t Cantha, the Devs are gonna have to work hard to bring out new content in short intervals.

GW2 is one of the best designed MMOs. I just hope Anet management can right the ship, refocus, and bring back some of the magic I lost for this game. Reconsidering reward levels would be a good start.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

Considering the amount of time I have to spend to complete hot meta maps, and then dailies, and then dungeons/ fractals/ whatever, each single day, the rewards are actually worth it now and they finally feel like they are taking me somewhere. I mean, I don’t even have time to do all that except at weekends.

Smooth Penguin.5294

I hear you mate, but while it’s beneficial to you, multiplied by the thousands of players getting too many rewards, and there runs the risk of not only crashing the market, but also inflation and the ever scary “running out of things to do/collect”.

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

I hear you mate, but while it’s beneficial to you, multiplied by the thousands of players getting too many rewards, and there runs the risk of not only crashing the market, but also inflation and the ever scary “running out of things to do/collect”.

For the TP market, perhaps, but for all the in-game merchants with fixed prices, the rewards actually feel meaningful now. For me, it’s the difference between being worth it or not being worth it (I was pretty much not playing the game until last patch).

Posted by: Riss.1536

Riss.1536

I don’t think that the thousands of players really care about the market unlike you.

(edited by Riss.1536)

Smooth Penguin.5294

Look at it this way, Bloodstone Dust once filled accounts because it dropped so much. With the buff Anet put into rewards across the board, I’m afraid a lot of things will turn into wasted inventory space.

And by the way, it’s not just the market that concerns me. I’m also worried that I’m going to run out of things to do, since a lot of my goals require items that drop a lot more frequently now.

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

Yes there needs to be balance.

An example is the TA blue weapon skins; they were expensive for years, ages. The path was either too difficult or leaning towards the fact that those particular items were locked behind an RNG beast of a wall it was near impossible to acquire. I would imagine these skins to be rare and possibly sought after – the patch recently changed that, as you can clearly tell by the prices and quantity of them on the TP.

It appeases many players after years of unviable aquisition because they can now get this content/access it better but at the same time devalues the item(s) and hurls the market into an uneasy, unprofitable position.

In your post, particularly, you mention the map items required for titles etc; not everyone will agree with these changes to make items more common. I believe it was genuinely in the game’s best interest and health to increase said items due to the sheer wall of grind and feeling locked out, behind on things due to ridiculous amounts of RNG or poor management of map rewards.

The game is supposed to be fun and engaging and rewarding. Rewarding for some might not necessarily mean the items rewarded to them have to be rare, but purely the fact that they took that journey to acquire them as such.

Having HoT out after 6 months for a large majority of the player base regarding rewards it has most definitely been reiterated as not very rewarding at all and I for one am glad ANet is making changes to rewards and various items in the game.

Of course you are correct in that having said rewards more common will quicken the pace to a boring game/content drought; however that doesn’t mean there will forever be a content drought and that is where balance is hard to handle.

Sorry I don’t have a solid answer/comments nor proposed suggestions but I am very understanding of your questions, ponderings over rewards, rarity and delivering content in a balanced format.

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

…snip…

Srry man but game now feels more rewarding so ppl will play more, thats Anets goal.

If you are market flipper or manipulator I feel bad for you (not really) but 95% of players are satisfied with this.

Farm something else and adapt.

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Jeez these people like the OP all they care about is making money while screwing everyone else their hard earned rewards..

Maybe join some gambling game OP

Talk about a horrible game this guy wants..

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

I think the balance is right.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Posted by: Tarasicodissa.7084

Tarasicodissa.7084

The game always had a lot of rewards, take PvP as an example. Ability to obtain dungeon (PvE) skins by playing a completely different format, let alone getting some gold and possibly black lion keys along the way plus getting unique skins and rewards unobtainable anywhere else. You could also get a substantial amount of materials (and, in turn, money) by doing repetitive dull activities like SW CF.

The way I see it, latest patch just increased rewards for doing stuff I like, so that they’re now on par with other activities. All the time I knew full well that dungeons/fotm don’t reward players nearly as much as doing CF and dungeon skins can be farmed fastest not in dungeons, but in PvP. I chose to play what I like nevertheless, because I play the game to have fun.
Now I don’t have to choose between fun and reward, I get them both in one format. Given by how many players are satisfied with the current game’s state, I can tell I’m not the only one. In fact, all those fun times we’ve had with friends doing crazy stuff in dungeons (and making a little bit of money here and there) are coming back again and I’m really glad.
I think Anet did good. All rewards are finally well-tuned and everyone can enjoy their favorite part of the game without being unfairly denied of the rewards, even WvWers (who quite frankly were in even worse shape than us PvEers before the patch).

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

I’m biased and could give 2 charrs about an economy that mimics the real world.

The game should be about playing it, not playing a market board. Glad they’ve taken steps to address this and now people are rewarded for playing content.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Personally I don’t care about the market simulator with sky high prices that some people are eager to play. I just want to play the game and enjoy it. Not grind for crazy amounts of gold because some people want to keep “shinies” out of reach of all but the few.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

A majority of players seem to be happy with the direction Anet took to reverse a lot of negative feelings the community has had. Short term, this was good, because even hardcore fanboy players like myself were getting tired of the game. But in Anet’s haste to bring back hope to us, I think they made a mistake with the gamble that was taken. I’m wondering if there are too many rewards in game now?

Let’s take a look at rarity, and why it’s good for MMOs. Rarity in items creates two things: 1) Desire, and 2) Long term goals. When a player wants something that is rare, a choice is made to pursue the item or not. Depending on the desire of the individual player, a goal is made it obtain it. Goals are key to the longevity of games. It keeps players playing by putting a carrot on a stick. Some players need this carrot, or they lose interest in the game. This leads to a healthy game, because player population is a visible metric that others use to justify if GW2 is worth their time. Lots of players online = popular game = worth playing.

Some rare things are so hard to get, that it requires a lot of time and effort to obtain (i.e. Ex Machina title). To get this, you need to grind for a lot of lower level rewards, and a healthy dose of RNG for the rare Reclaimed Metal Plates. Some players at end game who have done next to everything available had something long term to work for. With the latest update, Reclaimed Metal Plates are now a guaranteed drop from map metas, and other required mats like ley crystals and airship parts seemed to have increase 10 fold. Something that I expected me to take months to obtain, now can be completed in a few days of farming. That’s not the only rare things to get a buff in drop rates. Ascended gear and mats drops a lot more frequently. Exotic drops seems to have increase as well. Super rare skins were added back to the drop table, which wrecked havoc on investments.

There are some who argue that they deserve these rewards, that they feel Entitled to having goodies rained upon then from the heavens. But there needs to be a balance in the frequency of the rewards. Anet’s well intentions of increasing output might have unforeseen consequences. Short term, a lot of players are back online, happy with full inventory bags worth of stuff. Getting a lot of rewards feels good, but in a few short days, we’ve seen how the market responded. Prices are dropping on a lot of goods, making things a lot cheaper to buy and less profitable to sell. Once players start completing their shopping lists of things they’ve wanted, we’re gonna be right back where we started, starving for new content to keep busy. MO already canceled the rest of the Legendary weapons, so that’s a long term goal put on hold. New Living Story arcs will keep some players busy, but Anet needs to remember how fast we can eat up content. If the next expansion isn’t Cantha, the Devs are gonna have to work hard to bring out new content in short intervals.

GW2 is one of the best designed MMOs. I just hope Anet management can right the ship, refocus, and bring back some of the magic I lost for this game. Reconsidering reward levels would be a good start.

Translation… “I’m losing gold on the market and I don’t like it.”

These improved rewards are for the greater good.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

These improved rewards are for the greater good.

Sorry for meme, but…

Attachments:

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

In the history of the game, we’ve seen both long-term goals inserted and reward increases depending on the mood of the community. In the last year, I’ve seen a lot more complaints about the game being unrewarding than I have about having nothing to pursue. Also, the complaints about nothing to do seem, at least iirc, centered more on the lack of new playable content during the 9 month wait for HOT and also this year, once the new XPac smell wore off. It’s not possible for ANet to appease players clamoring that the rewards they’re seeking require too much “grind” and players who want “grindy” goals at the same time. The pendulum has swung in the past, it probably will again.

I’m sure Anet is watching the economy. I’m sure they will make adjustments if/when they decide they’re needed. Unfortunately (for you, anyway), ANet seems more concerned right now about short-term retention. That suggests their metrics are telling them it’s a problem. It’s also possible they want to sell more HOT boxes, and are making rewards more appealing while removing some of the objections to HoT. If we start seeing a lot more complaints about nothing to pursue long-term, and the game is impacted as a result, I believe they’ll add a long-term, grindy goal or three.

For the record, the rest of Legendary Weapons 2.0 have been postponed, not cancelled. For some of the reasons you allude to, ANet realizes (or perhaps will realize) that Legendary Items are the biggest draw for the long-term goal crowd. They, along with Ascneded crafting, are the biggest drivers of the market.

For these reasons, I don’t believe what you’re perceiving as a problem (if it in fact is or becomes one) would be allowed to remain a problem long-term.

Posted by: brently.7946

brently.7946

In the history of the game, we’ve seen both long-term goals inserted and reward increases depending on the mood of the community. In the last year, I’ve seen a lot more complaints about the game being unrewarding than I have about having nothing to pursue. Also, the complaints about nothing to do seem, at least iirc, centered more on the lack of new playable content during the 9 month wait for HOT and also this year, once the new XPac smell wore off. It’s not possible for ANet to appease players clamoring that the rewards they’re seeking require too much “grind” and players who want “grindy” goals at the same time. The pendulum has swung in the past, it probably will again.

I’m sure Anet is watching the economy. I’m sure they will make adjustments if/when they decide they’re needed. Unfortunately (for you, anyway), ANet seems more concerned right now about short-term retention. That suggests their metrics are telling them it’s a problem. It’s also possible they want to sell more HOT boxes, and are making rewards more appealing while removing some of the objections to HoT. If we start seeing a lot more complaints about nothing to pursue long-term, and the game is impacted as a result, I believe they’ll add a long-term, grindy goal or three.

For the record, the rest of Legendary Weapons 2.0 have been postponed, not cancelled. For some of the reasons you allude to, ANet realizes (or perhaps will realize) that Legendary Items are the biggest draw for the long-term goal crowd. They, along with Ascneded crafting, are the biggest drivers of the market.

For these reasons, I don’t believe what you’re perceiving as a problem (if it in fact is or becomes one) would be allowed to remain a problem long-term.

“Last year we talked about plans to gradually build out a second set of legendary weapons through live content updates. That’s a big responsibility. We have a team of six developers working on that, who could work on it for years to come.”
- It could take YEARS to complete the set of legendary weapons.

“So, after shipping Chuka and Champawat, I’ve asked that we indefinitely suspend work on new legendary weapons.”
- It’s being suspended.

Whether it is for good or not, there is no time frame given and already knowing it could take years (without this “suspension”) , it might as well be canceled for many many players that aren’t going to still be here years down the road; if the game even is.

So, while you’re technically correct, you’re not seeing the reality of this announcement.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

“Last year we talked about plans to gradually build out a second set of legendary weapons through live content updates. That’s a big responsibility. We have a team of six developers working on that, who could work on it for years to come.”
- It could take YEARS to complete the set of legendary weapons.

“So, after shipping Chuka and Champawat, I’ve asked that we indefinitely suspend work on new legendary weapons.”
- It’s being suspended.

Whether it is for good or not, there is no time frame given and already knowing it could take years (without this “suspension”) , it might as well be canceled for many many players that aren’t going to still be here years down the road; if the game even is.

So, while you’re technically correct, you’re not seeing the reality of this announcement.

You might, or might not, be right. I believe that the “takes years” is because those 6 devs were having to dig into old code (possibly convoluted and with little annotation) to design the legendary journey. I also believe that ANet will sooner or later come up with a new way for players to earn them, perhaps abandoning the idea of invigorating the legacy content thereby. What I don’t expect, ever, is for ANet to assign resources to what should have been a month per weapon (as initially suggested) that will actually take years.

Posted by: LeCreaux.3087

LeCreaux.3087

I can only speak for myself. I’m a casual player in GW2 (although not so in other MMOs). I like cosmetic items and I like exploring. I like playing a lot of alts. I like doing “stuff” around other players. I like achievements. I don’t like chasing gear-scores. Making more classes, more cosmetic items, more achievements, and more zones to explore makes me throw money. Since GW2 fits my play style like a glove I can only assume I must be one of the masses.

But I am a power gamer in other MMOs. I can easily consume content faster than the game produces it and faster than their business model supports But I’m a silent power gamer. When I’ve reached my cap I play another game and return when (if) the game pushes into an area I’m interested in.

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

I would say no.

The addition of the gold to the dailies has pulled me back into the game – the trickle of gold combined with the cultural armor now being available from a hybrid coin/WvW currency vendor means that the gold I earn for the next few months will go towards finally acquiring those costumes, not to inflating the player-to-player economy. And with the addition of hybrid cost WvW bags, I may even be putting a little less money into the market since I can now get bags that way too.

Prices will rise a little bit as the little guys get a crack at a big ticket item once or twice a month, but the influx of gold is pretty precisely targeted to go mostly to the little guys. They’ll have to stick with it many, many days to be in the running for anything of note.

More customers for the Trading post is a good thing, right ?

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: Laurie.1698

Laurie.1698

“Some rare things are so hard to get, that it requires a lot of time and effort to obtain (i.e. Ex Machina title). To get this, you need to grind for a lot of lower level rewards, and a healthy dose of RNG for the rare Reclaimed Metal Plates. Some players at end game who have done next to everything available had something long term to work for. With the latest update, Reclaimed Metal Plates are now a guaranteed drop from map metas, and other required mats like ley crystals and airship parts seemed to have increase 10 fold. Something that I expected me to take months to obtain, now can be completed in a few days of farming. "

It did take me months to obtain those Reclaimed metal plates, months to get enough pods from DS to get the plated, machined weapons created, each time having to run DS and hoping the whole time I could find a few more pods on the way to maybe complete the meta and get to the vendors at the end with enough to get one…then repeat the whole process for the next one. Now…pods are everywhere, metal plates dropping with meta, and the rest.

I am just saying that it trivialized all I have done now, and well, I’ll just get what I need fast, get to the goal and stand there and wonder hmm ok that’s done, now what. I used my level 80 boost even though I have eight now, so I have the goal of getting enough HP for elite specialization, but I noticed very few out there now in the HoT areas know how to run the meta’s, even AB for the last week is failing bad each time someone is asking what to do and how to do it. Simple reason really: Raining rewards meant people are done with that quickly, no need for experienced players to stay in those zones anymore. Why? They already got what they need, even quicker now, so they are not there.

I understand “new people” but its really shortened and cheapened the challenge now.

“Do not scorn caring and sympathizing, they are the gifts of a gentle heart!”
J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

While it does feel like it’s raining loot now, I’m not too worried about it. For one, whether it’s good or bad, I don’t expect to tell the long-term ramifications right away. Just like when HoT released, I expect some upheavals that will take a little time to understand. (And I’m not a great economic tracker, so make that a little longer for me!)

Meanwhile, though, there are a lot of goals that actually feel doable for me now. I’ve been able to make substantial progress on my HoT masteries, after reaching a level where I could give-or-take completing several of them. There were some collections that I’d written off as “theoretically possible, but unlikely to ever happen” that I might actually go for now that I can make progress on them more reliably. I never needed grind to keep me busy, but grind was making me disinterested in certain parts of the game compared to others.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

Posted by: nsleep.7839

nsleep.7839

No.

I don’t feel like going back to Silverwastes because almost every other thing to do in the game seemed like a waste of time

And come on, metal plates could just be bought from the market (rares) without any loss after flipping stuff for 10 minutes. Don’t pretend it was hard.

Posted by: Sindex.9520

Sindex.9520

Not everything was fixed. Commander Recipe Books are still locked behind terrible disjointed RNG system. Look at the prices for those recipes in the TP compared to all the other recipes (including Vipers which is the second highest on demand). Even Maguuma Lilies and Freshwater Pearls are still absurdly expensive. Black Diamonds are going down in price, while those two only have gone up in price. To me Dragon Stand was semi-fixed. Crystalline Ore is still a pain to get. They only upped the rate that Noxious Pods spawn, but not how many machetes you get. Furthermore they were going to add a Noxious Pod for your home instance, but that was never implemented. So you can still corner snipe those markets, until they get fixed. Heck, even Mystic Coins finally got noticed by John Smith after reddit posted it. After it posting about the issue here several times over.

(edited by Sindex.9520)

Smooth Penguin.5294

Sorry it took so long to respond to comments here. As I pointed out in my OP, too many rewards help players feed good in the short term, but does long term damage to the overall game. I believe Anet has noticed this, and recently disabled some of the rewards for being too generous in HoT. For places like AB and TD, I’m drowning in keys and high level mats (i.e. Ley Line Sparks). Plus, with the additional keys for doing the meta and more chest spawns, loot has been crazy.

Now lets look at ultra rare rewards that are being reintroduced to the game. Ghastly Grinning Shield, once the pinnacle status symbol of skins, lost a lot of it’s value. This happened last year too, with things like the Monocle being brought back into the loot table.

Sindex brought up Mystic Coins. I understand there was some complaints about the price being so high (42s as of the moment of my post). But that’s just Supply and Demand working. The drop rate of these game wide haven’t changed, only the need for them. I bought a bunch when they were 2s each because I might need them for future Legendary crafting. Now that everyone doing it for the same reasons, I honestly don’t think there’s a need for John to step in and fix it. Increasing the drop rate to satisfy the population isn’t the right mindset to have. For example, once a parent starts to give their child everything they want, the child begins to expect it. Later, when the parent doesn’t give in, the child rages.

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

Sindex brought up Mystic Coins. I understand there was some complaints about the price being so high (42s as of the moment of my post). But that’s just Supply and Demand working. The drop rate of these game wide haven’t changed, only the need for them. I bought a bunch when they were 2s each because I might need them for future Legendary crafting. Now that everyone doing it for the same reasons, I honestly don’t think there’s a need for John to step in and fix it. Increasing the drop rate to satisfy the population isn’t the right mindset to have. For example, once a parent starts to give their child everything they want, the child begins to expect it. Later, when the parent doesn’t give in, the child rages.

Mystic Coins don’t have a ‘Drop Rate’. But they do have sources. And we’ve lost SIGNIFICANT sources of them over the years, especially in the months before and after HoT’s release as they’ve restructured reward systems. They used to be 2s apiece because they were more readily available from daily and monthy rewards (Supply has been slashed by over 70%, so don’t tell me “Drop rate hasn’t been reduced”). They’ve also more than doubled the number of sinks for mystic coins (Not counting the four new legendaries). You seem to be under the delusion that they’ve kept the sources and sinks the same, when they haven’t.

Also – Your comparison of a “Parent and Child” relationship is idiotic and offensive.

Smooth Penguin.5294

Mystic Coins don’t have a ‘Drop Rate’. But they do have sources. And we’ve lost SIGNIFICANT sources of them over the years, especially in the months before and after HoT’s release as they’ve restructured reward systems. They used to be 2s apiece because they were more readily available from daily and monthy rewards (Supply has been slashed by over 70%, so don’t tell me “Drop rate hasn’t been reduced”). They’ve also more than doubled the number of sinks for mystic coins (Not counting the four new legendaries). You seem to be under the delusion that they’ve kept the sources and sinks the same, when they haven’t.

Also – Your comparison of a “Parent and Child” relationship is idiotic and offensive.

By Drop Rate, I meant generated sources. You can still get 20 per month simply by logging into the game. And since they’re sellable, you can always purchase more. The Mystic Forge daily also rewards them.

As for sinks, yes there are a lot more sinks. Nothing wrong with that. Whenever new content comes out, there’s always a shock to the market. Mystic Coins just so happened to be in that shockwave. But then it’s still the player’s choice to pursue things that require Mystic Coins. I’m one of those players. Only difference is that I planned ahead. It’s a risk, since anything can happen in the market. My T5 and T6 mat values were devalued to the point where it’s a waste of my inventory space to hold them all.

As for my “Parent and Child” example, how is this offensive to you? We, as players, have a relationship with Anet. We agreed to their rules, and we get to enjoy their game. Just like when I lived in my parent’s home all those years ago. When my dad wouldn’t give me something, I would go to my mom and get it. When that stopped, I threw a fit because I felt Entitled to whatever it was that I used to want. The concept here is the same. You don’t want to change policies to benefit the players’ desires, when it could lead to negative outcomes in the future.

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

Whatever happened to playing the game for fun instead of NEEDING a carrot to be chasing?

I mean end game is meant to be WvW, PvP or just mucking about and then there are legendries and achievements of course. Do we really NEED anything else besides them? I’m not against content with new goals but grind or RNG to extend/pad our game time here does not seem very fun to me….

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Posted by: AzureSky.3175

AzureSky.3175

Now lets look at ultra rare rewards that are being reintroduced to the game. Ghastly Grinning Shield, once the pinnacle status symbol of skins, lost a lot of it’s value.

The problem is that it never was the pinnacle status symbol of skins, but more like the pinnacle status symbol of investments. This became brutally obvious earlier this year, when loads of them were dumped on the TP. Investors suddenly got scared and decided to stay away from this item. (Almost) nobody knew yet that they’d be added to MF drop tables, so one would’ve expected that everyone who wanted this skin so badly but never could afford it would suddenly see the chance of their lifes and buy it comparatively cheap! However, exactly this did not happen. Now that the investors were gone, the demand for the actual skin was so low that prices never recovered even the slightest bit. There just weren’t enough people who really wanted this skin to begin with, it just wasn’t that popular. The skins true value probably always was around 200g, TP prices were just awfully inflated by flippers and hoarders.

The item is a skin though, and Anet introduced it so it is used as a skin. So all that Anet did now was giving people a chance to buy a skin for its skin’s value, nor for an artificial investment value.

(edited by AzureSky.3175)

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

More like too many rewards that don’t go into account wallet.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.