Too many scrolls of knowledge

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

These things are collecting up in my bank and it seems like far to many are dropping as loot. Anyone else think the drop rate should be significantly lowered so that skills points don’t become the next broken currency? (Next after karma, which was given away far too freely).

Posted by: Zavve.8205

Zavve.8205

Send em to me then

Posted by: Sir Erighan.9260

Sir Erighan.9260

Ummm, no. They were already nerfed when Scarlet events slowed down. Karma didn’t just get nerfed, it was put six feet underground. Let’s not take the same extreme approach to skill points…

Posted by: SeNoZinD.9874

SeNoZinD.9874

I could use more skill points >.>

Posted by: Eladriel.7295

Eladriel.7295

These things are collecting up in my bank and it seems like far to many are dropping as loot. Anyone else think the drop rate should be significantly lowered so that skills points don’t become the next broken currency? (Next after karma, which was given away far too freely).

OMG! You people will find anything to complain about.. Shut up already..pfft.. They will not become the next broken currency and no is your answer..

Together we stand in the face of evil!

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

If you don’t want them in the bank, why not use them?? No storage problem then. Do you really have several stacks of them? I only have around 160 so far. If storage became a problem, I would just click on them. /shrug

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

Use them, and stop farming champs.(if you do)

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Roll a new character, unlock all the slot skills as soon as they’re available.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Stooperdale.3560

Everyone seems to think more loot is better for everyone all the time. In fact is isn’t. If Anet needs to keep introducing new currencies because the old ones are broken (millions of karma, thousand skill points) then it’s not good for players in the long run.

And no I’m not farming champions. Just trying to get some dragonite I’m still getting a lot of these scrolls.

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

Everyone seems to think more loot is better for everyone all the time. In fact is isn’t. If Anet needs to keep introducing new currencies because the old ones are broken (millions of karma, thousand skill points) then it’s not good for players in the long run.

And no I’m not farming champions. Just trying to get some dragonite I’m still getting a lot of these scrolls.

So, just USE THEM add to your skill points. Quit complaining about trivial, easily dealt with things. Problem solved.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Posted by: Manu.6078

Manu.6078

Try to make a legendary, you will need at least 300 skill points, if you are lucky enough.

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

lol

Attachments:

Posted by: Have No Faith In Me.1840

Have No Faith In Me.1840

You might not need a lot of skill points, but there are other players that do.

Upgrading siege takes a tonne of skill points, let alone having skill points on top of that for legendaries and other forge skins/upgrades.

Thank you for your consideration of other people, and not complaining further about something so trivial. (use your kittening scrolls if it is that big an issue, GROW UP)

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

I have 575,674 gold, don’t even know what to buy, please Anet nerf gold too much drops.

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

I have 575,674 gold, don’t even know what to buy, please Anet nerf gold too much drops.

You could always send 2k my way

EDIT: or perhaps 20k. I am not trying to be greedy.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Remember, horizontal skill progression is coming this year. Expect each new skill to use 100+ SP’s… They will nerf them to the ground and then add in super expensive skills. You should stockpile while you can.

Posted by: FateOmega.9601

FateOmega.9601

You can always destroy them.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

If you don’t want them in the bank, why not use them?? No storage problem then. Do you really have several stacks of them? I only have around 160 so far. If storage became a problem, I would just click on them. /shrug

Sure … if someone farms champions all day.
Sooner or later someone is going to be complaining that their wallet is full they can’t get any more gold….

Edit: Actually there might be a cap to skill points. The UI looks like there is only enough space for 3 digits.

(edited by Khisanth.2948)

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

This…this has to be a troll thread.

“I have too many potential skill points to pass around! AHHHHHHHHH!!!”

Posted by: Akari Storm.6809

Akari Storm.6809

Troll indeed, considering skill points are needed for crafting certain items. We need more scrolls.

And if you don’t want them because you don’t craft or have any expectation to, or don’t have any alts and plan on not creating any down the road…then simply destroy them. How is this an issue.

Off topic but same thing really, bloodstone dust. Have like 20 stacks of it. At some point enough is enough so I started destroying it. Going to kick myself when something else is added that I need it for.

(edited by Akari Storm.6809)

Posted by: CreativeAnarchy.6324

CreativeAnarchy.6324

I can always use more skill points. The drop is fine. Wish it was a bit higher.

I speak for my self and no one else. Only fools believe they speak for a majority.

Stooperdale.3560

No not a troll thread. Someone should have asked whether we were getting too much karma 6 months ago.

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

No not a troll thread. Someone should have asked whether we were getting too much karma 6 months ago.

You mean so we’d have to grind for the things that karma buys? Yeah, that makes sense.

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

I see it’s no longer acceptable to actually use items.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

you do know they are used for more things than unlocking slot skills, right?

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

Is this for real or a troll thread? It has to be troll. None with their right mind would complain about scroll of knowledge.. it’s like free 250k exp. Anything stacks up over time if you dont click it. Why complain about such a great feat?

Seriously though OP, are u serious?

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

This has got to be a troll thread. Who doesn’t want/need skill points for one thing or another? Don’t want em? Send em my way! I could use a couple hundred more.

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

Honestly I miss the GW1 skill point approach they added with the EOTN consumables. We use our skill points for skills obviously (my alts spend way less time unlocking skills now, which is awesome) but also for a limited selection of crafting.

In GW1 skillpoints had a lot more utility mostly because the skill system was different, and you could be learning skills on a single character from various classes for years. So it was this nice bit of horizontal progression. Here we use them in a vertical or comsetic sense of progression too, which is great, but there’s not a whole lot of stuff to spend them on which is, I think, the OP’s problem.

What I miss is the ability to take your “levels” via skillpoints and use them to craft buffs. Doesn’t have to be anything major, just an extra sink, maybe something like a stackable extra MF buff, waypoint discount, catalyze them along with something else in to other currency types… heck IDK, I do feel like something that you’re earning no matter what it is you do every time you play should have a bit more difficult decisions in how its spent.

I vote new consumable recipies for all crafting types, but make ’em soulbound. Basically, this is your XP, for your character, so why not be able to use it to “customize” your stuff a bit for yourself, maybe by reinforcing equipment so it has one more level of durability, mark a frequently used waypoint so you could return once for free, extend the duration of a potion, establish a “stash” at a world location that you can use as bank access.

Assign “camraderie” ranks to other players that would make your combos with frequent friends more effective, give you enhanced MF when in a party with them, or some other beneficial mechanic that creates individuality for your character’s interactions with others?

What about a favored enemy system where you could do the opposite for enemy types or even specific bosses, allowing you to gain the equivalent of a mob type damage potion because you decided to spend the character’s experiences studying specific foes?

I think there are a lot of ways skill points could be leveraged to create meaningful, horizontal, and individualized effects for characters, similar to the way characters can individualize themselves in WvW with the WxP ranking system. Then all those scrolls would be a lot more thematic as “written experience” for your alts, and would have a lot more utility for your main too.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

Algreg.3629

Honestly I miss the GW1 skill point approach they added with the EOTN consumables. We use our skill points for skills obviously (my alts spend way less time unlocking skills now, which is awesome) but also for a limited selection of crafting.

In GW1 skillpoints had a lot more utility mostly because the skill system was different, and you could be learning skills on a single character from various classes for years. So it was this nice bit of horizontal progression. Here we use them in a vertical or comsetic sense of progression too, which is great, but there’s not a whole lot of stuff to spend them on which is, I think, the OP’s problem.

What I miss is the ability to take your “levels” via skillpoints and use them to craft buffs. Doesn’t have to be anything major, just an extra sink, maybe something like a stackable extra MF buff, waypoint discount, catalyze them along with something else in to other currency types… heck IDK, I do feel like something that you’re earning no matter what it is you do every time you play should have a bit more difficult decisions in how its spent.

I vote new consumable recipies for all crafting types, but make ’em soulbound. Basically, this is your XP, for your character, so why not be able to use it to “customize” your stuff a bit for yourself, maybe by reinforcing equipment so it has one more level of durability, mark a frequently used waypoint so you could return once for free, extend the duration of a potion, establish a “stash” at a world location that you can use as bank access.

Assign “camraderie” ranks to other players that would make your combos with frequent friends more effective, give you enhanced MF when in a party with them, or some other beneficial mechanic that creates individuality for your character’s interactions with others?

What about a favored enemy system where you could do the opposite for enemy types or even specific bosses, allowing you to gain the equivalent of a mob type damage potion because you decided to spend the character’s experiences studying specific foes?

I think there are a lot of ways skill points could be leveraged to create meaningful, horizontal, and individualized effects for characters, similar to the way characters can individualize themselves in WvW with the WxP ranking system. Then all those scrolls would be a lot more thematic as “written experience” for your alts, and would have a lot more utility for your main too.

errrm, skill points are actually used in crafting and similar systems in gw2, a lot of them.

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

Lol players crack me UP! This is a classic post. Thanks for making me laugh.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

errrm, skill points are actually used in crafting and similar systems in gw2, a lot of them.

I am aware of that. What I’m saying is that those systems are extremely limited (essentially to gear and tray crafting, or siege upgrades) when you’re dealing with a “currency” that’s as ubiquitous as gold.

Look at what gold can get you, now look at what skillpoints can get you. There’s a huge disconnect there. Gold is versatile, skillpoints are extremely rigid, and karma is… well I mean it’s basically gold you can only trade with NPCs.

TBH the game has too many currencies already so any place we add more uses for existing ones is probably a good idea.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

Posted by: Umut.5471

Umut.5471

I have a suggestion.
Let us combine 4 scrolls of knowledge at the forge for “scroll of experience” which gives us 1 level. one character can only use maximum 10 scroll of experience.

Algreg.3629

I am aware of that. What I’m saying is that those systems are extremely limited (essentially to gear and tray crafting, or siege upgrades) when you’re dealing with a “currency” that’s as ubiquitous as gold.

Look at what gold can get you, now look at what skillpoints can get you. There’s a huge disconnect there. Gold is versatile, skillpoints are extremely rigid, and karma is… well I mean it’s basically gold you can only trade with NPCs.

TBH the game has too many currencies already so any place we add more uses for existing ones is probably a good idea.

ok, I can subscribe to that part. But I´d rather like to see a reduction of currencies.

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

If this isn’t a troll thread, then you’re either a bookah or someone who wants the scrolls drop rate lessened now that you have plenty so you can feel special for hoarding as many as you claim to have. Either way, you’ve lost any chance to be taken seriously.

No one asked if we were getting too much karma because no one cared about getting too much karma, at least to my knowledge.

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

We were getting karma way too fast before. I don’t think there is an issue with the acquisition of skill points.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Gee, I’m not sure skill points were better in GW1. They were character-bound, and one of my main is still sitting on around 570 skill points.

But, using them for some personalized things sounds kind of cool. Like potions or buffs or something. Maybe something is coming…..soon. =P

Posted by: eisberg.2379

eisberg.2379

Drop less? So far I have seen about a 1% drop rate on Champions for those things. Never ever ask for a decrease in an RNG item, cause perhaps you are those lucky ones, cause I am one of those ones where the RNG gods hate me, no matter what game I play. Hell, drop RNG all together, and give me a 100+ different currencies would be the best way to do things.