Too many undocumented changes per patch

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Iehova.9518

Iehova.9518

Good day,

There are way too many changes which are mysteriously “left” out of the patch notes. Please provide better documentation of the changes.

That is all.

Posted by: SilverWF.4789

SilverWF.4789

Good day,

There are way too many changes which are mysteriously “left” out of the patch notes. Please provide better documentation of the changes.

That is all.

Any examples?

#SAVEDONBASS from Ukraine!
Seafarer’s Rest (EU): Liicher (Engi), Lii Cher (Warrior), Swf (Elem),
Licharr (Guard), Lich Eir (Ranger), Alt Fh (Thief). Lii Cherr (Mesm), S Wf (Necr)

Posted by: Arimahn.3568

Arimahn.3568

Hey, how are they supposed to document their fixes before knowing what will be broken after the patch?

Posted by: redhare.9210

redhare.9210

plus where does it say that they have to tell you anything. It is there game they can make what ever changes they want and dont have to tell us anything.

Posted by: dennie.9237

dennie.9237

For example, in Fractals, camera at Jade Maw now can be much more far away from the character.

Posted by: Chronoslol.7514

Chronoslol.7514

plus where does it say that they have to tell you anything. It is there game they can make what ever changes they want and dont have to tell us anything.

This post is unconstructive, communication between anet and its community is key to its success. If the community feels like anet is lying to them, they wont trust them. The patch notes should be as comprehensive as possible, theres no reason to ommit anything unless it would lead the player base to an exploit or security flaw.

Posted by: Heijincks.9267

Heijincks.9267

A few dungeon exploits like Mossman under the docks. Not that it’s a bad thing, but it certainly wasn’t documented

Posted by: idorian.2859

idorian.2859

i have one! stealth nerf on elementalist, like decreased boon durations from shocking aura and frost aura, and decreased duration for boons coming from cantrips with soothing disruption.

Posted by: Durian.5419

Durian.5419

i have one! stealth nerf on elementalist, like decreased boon durations from shocking aura and frost aura, and decreased duration for boons coming from cantrips with soothing disruption.

That’s in the patch notes…

Takkek Twicechosen, bone-collecting ranger of Plague[SICK]

Posted by: Diy.5296

Diy.5296

They shouldn’t really need to include in patch notes, that exploits are fixed, that’s something exploiters can find out for themselves.

Posted by: redhare.9210

redhare.9210

why not scroll to the very bottom and see what they have done since the initial patch.

Posted by: Roo Stercogburn.9671

Roo Stercogburn.9671

Any examples?

Nerf to elementalist Vapour form. If you use this then are downed, you now cannot use Vapour Form (F2 on your quickbar) if you have just used Mist Form. I found out the hard way last night.

I was in WvW, had not been downed at all since logging on. I was fighting a Guardian and got jumped by a thief. My health dropped extremely fast. I hit Mist Form and my health was still dropping. I entered Downed state before I could get to safety. I pressed F2 to activate Vapour Form and nothing happened. When I looked at the quickbar I had 12 seconds of cooldown remaining on it.

Undocumented nerf. I’ve mentioned this in a few other places as well as messaging ArenaNet in game via the bug report feature.

I’m rather appalled in general at this patch but this was the icing on the cake for me.

Master Baker on Gunnars Hold serving you hot cookies.
Looney vids at http://www.youtube.com/feed/UCRhCtfrF9GhxU1CoeZSN0kQ/u
Midnight Mayhem

Posted by: Merkhen.7436

Merkhen.7436

i have one!!!

they change the pew pew sound on “the predator”…

and they are moving the topics to “audio”… i’m sad… i made mine just for that soun and they change it without advice or any information in the patch notes.

i want that sound back Q.Q , and i think that every predator owner is sad now.

changing a MAIN feature on a item that we invested 1000+ gold and so much time??

and the new sound is like a cat throwing up hairballs…and nothing like star wars….

:(

Posted by: Yuki Chuki.2457

Yuki Chuki.2457

That’s in the patch notes…

It wasn’t in the initial patchnoets and got added later after some players reported it here, on reddit etc.

Posted by: Andile.2963

Andile.2963

Example: adjusting GF and MF ascended infusions from 10 laurels to 20 laurels!

kittening ninja.

Posted by: WarMacheen.7124

WarMacheen.7124

kittening ninja.

They were 20 laurels before the patch.

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

kittening ninja.

Did they seriously do that? I went to buy mine earlier today as I was planning to buy the GF one as soon as I got 10 more laurels. I was shocked to discover they were double the price of what I thought they were. I felt silly about mistaking the price. If it’s true it’s just another in a series of grind intense decisions ArenaNet keeps making to get players to play even longer. It’s working, but GW1 was a game I played for seven years and happily so. I am rapidly reaching a point where GW2 is becoming too much work for me. I don’t think I’m going to last much longer before I have to quit permanently over all the grind they are putting into the game.

Posted by: WarMacheen.7124

WarMacheen.7124

kittening ninja.

Did they seriously do that? I went to buy mine earlier today as I was planning to buy the GF one as soon as I got 10 more laurels. I was shocked to discover they were double the price of what I thought they were. I felt silly about mistaking the price. If it’s true it’s just another in a series of grind intense decisions ArenaNet keeps making to get players to play even longer. It’s working, but GW1 was a game I played for seven years and happily so. I am rapidly reaching a point where GW2 is becoming too much work for me. I don’t think I’m going to last much longer before I have to quit permanently over all the grind they are putting into the game.

Once again…they were 20 laurels before the patch