Too much PvP promotion

Too much PvP promotion

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Eight Samurai.6840

Eight Samurai.6840

The gold stars on the top right of our screens with the ESL monthly finals and Ladder test season, and now the call of the mists buff. Not to mention that there is news of some sort of pvp tournament every other week or so. We get it anet, you are trying to make an esport out of your pvp system.

How about you guys try to at the same time promote WvW (no season tournament in almost a years time. How about promote dungeon or fractal runs by doing speed run records (also to note that there hasn’t been a single addition to dungeons since aetherpath which has been well over a year ago).

Just a suggestion to Anet… stop focusing on one aspect of the game at a time. Not everyone likes pvp or wants to be bombarded with pvp things every week. It’s stuff like this which makes a lot of people think that GW2 has a lack of content. It’s not true, it’s just that you guys only promote one thing only.

Too much PvP promotion

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Gone to Reddit.

Too much PvP promotion

Posted by: Crimson Clouds.4853

Crimson Clouds.4853

Agreed- it would be great if all aspects of the game were promoted.

It could be similar to GW1 where there were bonus weekends for certain parts of the game. If you played in these areas you would get better rewards/more tokens/more points for your titles. It was a great way to direct the community together- areas of the game that were empty would fill up again.

This could be similarly implemented in GW2- more tokens (badges of honor, dungeon tokens/fractal relics, geodes/bandit crests), better rewards, perhaps some AP for participating in the activity or even a seperate “event daily” for bonus AP + Laurels.

Too much PvP promotion

Posted by: Mikal Dynath.6195

Mikal Dynath.6195

This ^^^.

Was there a management change, or a company wide directive that changed the focus of GW2?

It feels that over the last 6 months, I’ve been deluged with these in-game notifications, and emails pushing pvp. I play a little pvp here, but it’s usually for the easy dailies.

I play GW2 because its an MMO. I’ll turn on my Xbox if I want to go head to head with someone in a balanced, skill based fight.

Too much PvP promotion

Posted by: Eight Samurai.6840

Eight Samurai.6840

I honestly can’t say i knwo who BLU is, but it was a little sad reading what he wrote. Yeah… I am well aware GW2 is just a game sure, but I like it a lot and spend much of my time on it because of the community. It’s just hard to understand Anet’s thought process. I feel like Anet treated GW1 more like a game and GW2 more like a business.

Continue promoting PvP it’s fine, but make some content without us having to wait an undetermined amount of time for HoT, return SAB which is something I think nearly the ENTIRE community wants, not even talking about a new dungeon with 3 paths inside, at least make a couple of new fractal maps. Bring back WvW tournaments. It just doesn’t make sense to me, I really don’t get it.

Too much PvP promotion

Posted by: Prototypemind.4026

Prototypemind.4026

It’s strange that they refuse to promote the content that players have been begging for. With the limited PvP maps/modes in this game, promoting it and nothing else is silly. Dungeons are dead, Fractals are dead, and the large scale events that they could switch on they don’t. Anet definitely is not intelligently retaining it’s player base during this content drought.

Too much PvP promotion

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

I would honestly have a heart attack the day I log in to see a +100 anything gain in WvW icon above my taskbar, for that matter even a +20 to magic find PvE worldwide could very well give me seizures.