Too much

Too much

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Caeledh.5437

Caeledh.5437

I’m an on and off player. I really like a lot of things about the game but after a month or two on I inevitably end up feeling burned out and not having any fun at all.

I came back about half way through the Christmas event. So I did the achievement grind for that. Exhausting. A lot of it not my idea of fun at all but if you want those shinies you gotta do it. I gritted my teeth and got through it. It ended, thankfully. Then another event rolls right in not long after.

I feel dread at the thought of more of the same and I notice looking at its dailies that PvP is mandatory. There’s no way to get the minimum 3 points without doing at least 2 of its arena games. That’s just piling worse news on bad.

It’s bad enough having to do a bit of PvP for some event meta achievements but having to do it daily is just too much. In fact since one of them is awarded just for participation I wouldn’t be surprised if you see a lot of players just going into the arena and then idling until it’s over.

That would be dreadful for the people who really want to play it but that’s the kind of behaviour you’re encouraging by forcing players to participate in activities they don’t really enjoy.

Seriously, there’s a lot to love about this game. You know how to make fun content. But this particular very thick and time consuming layer of tedious repetition could do with some pruning.

Too much

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

PvP isn’t mandatory for the dailies. You get your 10AP from the dailies for doing 3 dailies total from any of the 3 categories (PvE, PvP, or WvW) or any combination of 3 between all of them. You can do all 3 from PvE, do a mix of 2 WvW and 1 PvE, whatever.

Unless you’re talking about the Lunar Festival dailies and Dragon Ball, in which case, yah. I guess you do have to do 2 games worth of participation each day for that. But its not the end of the world if you don’t do the LF daily.

Too much

Posted by: Dasenthal.6520

Dasenthal.6520

Unless you’re talking about the Lunar Festival dailies and Dragon Ball, in which case, yah. I guess you do have to do 2 games worth of participation each day for that. But its not the end of the world if you don’t do the LF daily.

I agree wholeheartedly… But you do get a laurel for doing the Lunar Festival Daily

“A conquered people will always resist you,
Edair. But allies-allies will fight by your side”~Cobiah Mariner