Too short beta window

Too short beta window

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: EthanLightheart.9168

EthanLightheart.9168

Why did you have such short beta windows to participate?

I missed the first one and read the other dates as on the midnight of 27th and morning of the 28th and missed all three now.

Too short beta window

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

It’s to give the illusion that players opinions matter when really all they are testing is whether the whole thing runs with real players. At this late stage in development there won’t be any major changes and it’s more of a marketing ploy than an actual test.

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

Too short beta window

Posted by: Ralanost.8913

Ralanost.8913

It’s the first one. Basically a copy of the demo. They didn’t even test elite specializations to my knowledge. There will be more betas in the future. More extensive ones with more content to test. Calm down.

Too short beta window

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

It’s to give the illusion that players opinions matter when really all they are testing is whether the whole thing runs with real players. At this late stage in development there won’t be any major changes and it’s more of a marketing ploy than an actual test.

Why would player opinions matter in a stability or servers stress test beta?

You do understand that beta’s are held for different reasons, and one this short will certainly not be focused on player feedback as far as game changes go.

Some people, really…

PS. while at it, going by your posting history, you might want to take a break from something you are this negative about. Come back for HoT and enjoy the game. People on the forums don’t have to deal with a negative nancy and you get to play something you enjoy. It’s a win-win.

(edited by Cyninja.2954)

Too short beta window

Posted by: Crystallize.8603

Crystallize.8603

That’s a terrible idea. Telling someone to quit until expac and then having the pay when they return to play it?
Why would they come back at all? :s

Can mods please stop locking threads that are constructive.
Just delete posts that are derailments.

Too short beta window

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

The beta is not for you. It’s for ArenaNet.

Too short beta window

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

Stressssss tessssst.

This was just meant to put some strain on the system to see what breaks so they can adjust and apply that to other things to see if they will break as well and hopefully get ahead of it before they do a proper open beta which will last longer.

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!

Too short beta window

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

The beta is not for you. It’s for ArenaNet.

Exactly.

Anyone who thinks otherwise should take a look at their entitlement issues.

SBI

Too short beta window

Posted by: Extreme.8350

Extreme.8350

wow glad i didnt waste my time farming portals

Too short beta window

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Like other people said the point was to stress the servers.

They probably did the short window so they could run it, see how things went, try to fix things in the 2 hours in between then run it again.

I know the first session had a lot of lag (at least on the EU servers) for example, and hopefully that was better in the later sessions, but I couldn’t play them to find out.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Too short beta window

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

A beta is not a demo

Too short beta window

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

That’s a terrible idea. Telling someone to quit until expac and then having the pay when they return to play it?
Why would they come back at all? :s

Good question, but why should they stay in the first place when they are obviously not enjoying the game?

Sometimes it’s best to take a healthy break. No reason to chain ones self to a game that one does not enjoy. If they return in the future, great. But that decision is more likely to be positiv and happen after some time away from the game instead of a permanent negativ attitude drag along.

Too short beta window

Posted by: Daywolf.2630

Daywolf.2630

Likely they had the servers in debug mode churning out log reports to read from the server client/app (ass opposed to the entire server on a stress test). So from three two-hr blocks, they took enough data to work with for a while. Likely we’ll see more testing once they make tweaks and/or move to test out other new systems.

Too short beta window

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

This isn’t the first nor the last beta test of the series; there will be more. Plus, as others have noted, it isn’t meant to be a demo (at least, not primarily).

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Too short beta window

Posted by: JediYoda.1275

JediYoda.1275

wow glad i didnt waste my time farming portals

lols, yeah same here, I had a feeling it wasn’t going to worth the time to grind for a portal.

“If only ANet had some kind of forum they could use to communicate with us……”
“ANet. They never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity to not mess up.”
Mod “Posts created to cause unrest with unfounded claims are not allowed” lmao