Toon info?

Toon info?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: kouka.2965

kouka.2965

I think it would be cool to click on someone and get like a background on them. I know I won’t mind writing something about my toons. I sure there are a lot of peeps out there that would love to write a small story about them selfs

Toon info?

Posted by: Wanderer.3248

Wanderer.3248

They have this in Eve online. The biographies that most players come up with are pretty “predictable”. It makes the comments section of YouTube seem intelligent and witty.

Toon info?

Posted by: Cyanchiv.2583

Cyanchiv.2583

Seems like an easy thing to implement. I’ve seen it in a couple of MMOs myself. It caters mostly to the role playing crowd, but I don’t see it having any negative effects, so I’d support its inclusion.

Toon info?

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

The problem is, that too many players want their characters to be ultra human. I’ve seen remnants of fallen meteorites with gods trapped inside them, 90000yr old princes (how old is the King? :o), and more last-known-survivors of forgotten civilisations than I can count.

Few people strive to be humble or average. I wouldn’t be against a biography but don’t see much point. If you have a story to tell, do it in roleplay!

Toon info?

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

The largest problem I see in it in a game like GW2 is keeping those things clean enough to keep the rating and let the children play the game. Even pet names have filters here, offensive guilds and character names are moderated, we have a verbal abuse report function; and all these things take a looot less time to moderate than walls of text in personal biographies would.

20 level 80s and counting.

Toon info?

Posted by: smekras.8203

smekras.8203

Ooooh, i like this one, i remember having it in some other MMOs and it did help quite a bit with immersion.

At the very least, it will make it easier for me to keep my chars’ bios straight …it’s kinda getting hard with 17 down and 23 to come.

Server: Kaineng | Guild: Blackflame Legion [BFL]
Perhaps the only RP-oriented guild on the server
Main Character: Farathnor (sylvari ranger) 1 of 22