Top 10 Main problems of Guild Wars 2

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Bradesco.9621

Bradesco.9621

1- Player loading delay:

It happens when many people/NPCs are being loaded. Most likely at WvW, Lost Shores, Claw of jormag, Tequatl the Sunless, The Shatterer events or any other place with many people together. Also after stealth skills.

2- Unfair sPvP, dead tPvP and useless Heart of the Mists:

sPvP: It is unskilled and boring. If you know how to play, you will be a hunter, if you don’t, you will be a prey, simple as that.
tPvP: It take ages to find another team to fight against.
HotM: Useless training zone if you can’t 1v1 with someone to learn the basics with a human, not a silly NPC.

3- Dungeons:

Story mode is getting pointless (already got, maybe), hundred tokens for each piece, for each dungeon. Doing the same thing, over and over again. Day after day.
Lion’s Arch is a LFXM place.

4- Bugs:

Lot’s of bugs everywhere, expecially at 70~80 zones, dungeons, personal quest, Temples at Orr and annoying audio bug (WOOOOHOOOOO…) already reported but not fixed.

5- Griding:

Karma farm, gold farm, tier 6 farm, dungeon farm. Doing the samething, day after day, over and over again.

6- Trading Post:

Many item’s prices are too high other are too low. Game economy is badly balanced.

7- Slow working and no talking from Arenanet:

The whole community wants and must know what are you working on, priorities, new features, release dates (mainly).

8- Empty PvE zones:

Some zones are empty of players, some events can not be done. It’s time to full-fill a map merging servers, trying to keep it always full.

9- Melee Combat (PvE):

Melee combat was really improved since BW1, but it still a bit far from good. It does not worth melee on some bosses. Hitting somethings on the game still “missing” at melee.

10- No tools:

Looking for group tool;
Voice chat tool;
Guild seeking/looking tool;
PvP looking for group tool;
Ladder system (PvP);
Global Event warning;
A better loot system for WvWvW

(edited by Bradesco.9621)

Posted by: aPutridCorpse.8792

aPutridCorpse.8792

Ranged combat – Obstructions
Profession skills/traits (see Ranger)
Loading screens freezing/crashing

Level 80 Asura Ranger
Level 30 Human Guardian

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

I agree with number 4 and number 8, and number 1 to a lesser degree.

The rest are things that could be improved (and Im sure they are continually being looking at), but dont really feel like major problems to me.

Posted by: IHIavok.4753

IHIavok.4753

the number 1 problem is people rushing through the content and not enjoying the journey.

This is kind of the problem, but you’re looking at it from the wrong side. The Dev team should have lowered the lvling WAY down in this game from what it is.
I’ll get a lot of hell for saying this, but that’s what’s wrong with pretty much all MMOs nowadays. They spend all this time making a wonderful world to play in. After that though? They allow everyone to get to max lvl within like 2 kittening weeks.
Bottom line is this. Should take hardcore players like 4 months to get to max lvl. The rest longer.

One of the main reasons I hardly play anymore. Nothing to do.

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

No, lHlavok.

It’s simply impossible to create enough content to keep people busy forty hours a week for four months. It’s ridiculous for the “hardcore” players to expect one game to keep them satisfied that much for that long. What else in the world can you do that much and still be satisfied? You can’t even eat bacon or have sex that much and enjoy it.

The only way to keep people busy that long is to create skinner box systems to fool you into thinking your enjoying something for that long because when you finally get your carrot the rush of accomplishment overshadows the frustration of that much grinding.

Why should those of us who play a couple hours a day take a year to get to max level so that people who fill every free moment with one game can still feel they are “progressing” three months in? There are plenty of Korean grindfests. Note how well they do in the western market.

Nevertheless, the OPs list of things is a pretty good summation of issues that need addressed. None of them, however, are keeping me from enjoying the game immensely.

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

I would like to correct you on some points

“2- Unfair sPvP, dead tPvP and useless Heart of the Mists:

sPvP: It is unskilled and boring. If you know how to play, you will be a hunter, if you don’t, you will be a prey, simple as that.
tPvP: It take ages to find another team to fight against.
HotM: Useless training zone if you can’t 1v1 with someone to learn the basics with a human, not a silly NPC."

If it’s so unskilled and boring how come me and my boyfriend managed to find our perfect build for every class and were pawning a lot? And no, you don’t need to be a ranger. Mesmers, engineers and necros have this friend called condition damage. Thieves work by doing quick damage and running away. Elementalists have multiple builds that make them good for multiple things. Warriors can go for both – straight plain damage and condition damage. Guardians have a perfect build to counter warriors – knocbacks and heals – you do less damage, but don’t die from warriors. When there’s no difference of gear, all you can count on is SKILL. The thing that you said that place does not use.
Fighting against NPC isn’t useless as well. It gives you a nice feel for how much damage will you be able to do in the real thing.

“3- Dungeons:

Story mode is getting pointless (already got, maybe), hundred tokens for each piece, for each dungeon. Doing the same thing, over and over again."

Normal people drop by, do a run and do something else. If you decided to repeat it multiple times daily, it’s your problem.

“5- Griding:

Karma farm, gold farm, tier 6 farm, dungeon farm. Doing the samething, day after day, over and over again."

Once again – grinding is only there if you choose to grind. I’m able to get materials and money no matter I do WvW, dungeons or high level zones.

“6- Trading Post:

Many item’s prices are too high other are too low. Game economy is badly balanced."

Game economy mostly depends on the players themselves.

“8- Empty PvE zones:

Some zones are empty of players, some events can not be done. It’s time to full-fill a map merging servers, trying to keep it always full."

I would not want my server merged. I remember when the game launched it was overflow everywhere. I’m thankful to only see 10 – 20 people in each zone now. It allows you to actually kill mobs and do your thing.

I’m going to agree with you on 10, 9 does not bother me, it’s not a dice roll system of Morrowind, you miss if another player blinds, stuns, etc. But one can still complain about it. 7 I didn’t notice them being slow. We’re being updated on news fairly often and this site is full of moderators, admins that keep track of the topics and certainly notice it. While things can always be better, it’s certainly no EA. 4. Fully agree on it, but the game has only been out for 3 months. Give them time. 1. Did not experience it myself.

Mirta.5029

the number 1 problem is people rushing through the content and not enjoying the journey.

This is kind of the problem, but you’re looking at it from the wrong side. The Dev team should have lowered the lvling WAY down in this game from what it is.
I’ll get a lot of hell for saying this, but that’s what’s wrong with pretty much all MMOs nowadays. They spend all this time making a wonderful world to play in. After that though? They allow everyone to get to max lvl within like 2 kittening weeks.
Bottom line is this. Should take hardcore players like 4 months to get to max lvl. The rest longer.

If it would have taken 4 months to reach max level I would have quit a long time ago. There are free hard core MMOs with a very slow leveling curve. You might want to take a look at that.

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

I don’t get the whol empty PvE zone complaint. Maybe I’m just lucky, but it seems that most of the time when I’m doing something, there’s 2-3 other players in the area. Not all DEs are supposed to be successful all the time. If you never lose, you don’t enjoy the wins as often. Sometimes, I’m alone but not often. I hear the starter areas are particularly desolate, but recently I’ve spent a lot of time in the Plains of Ashford, and there were a lot of people there.

Frankly, I’m glad the population has thinned out a bit. At first it was too hard to do much with DE’s now when I complete a DE, I feel more like I’ve accomplished something.

Posted by: Anchorwind.9016

Anchorwind.9016

My Guild Mate and I are GW Veterans. 30/30 | 50/50. Loved it. We just tried to acquire pieces of Melandru Armor [the 42K Karma]. Couldn’t finish the event due to lack of other people. Never in all the years of Guild Wars was our progress ever stopped due to lack of other people. So frustrating.

Posted by: DuskTwilight.4862

DuskTwilight.4862

1- Player loading delay:

It happens when many people/NPCs are being loaded. Most likely at WvW, Lost Shores event. Also after stealth skills.

This one is probably the biggest issue for me. Makes WvW and large player events like Jormag and the recent Lost Shores near impossible.

I’ve never had an issue like this in any other MMO I’ve played, and I’ve tried nearly all of them.

IHIavok.4753

That’s just it. You take away the grind, you take away what makes an MMO an MMO.
Shouldn’t take the grind away ever. They should learn how to mask the grind and make it fun.
Then again, I am a dying breed, and the “have it nows” won. Back in UO days it took months to finish your toon. Just to get that last .9 points to earn grandmaster in a skill was forever. Yet when we all did it, you would feel satisfaction. All along while doing these skills, having a blast playing the game.
If you can get to max lvl in only a week or two, what’s the point of even giving people the option to lvl? Why not just give us the option to go ahead and make the toon max lvl.
The best part of these games is not having to worry about this so called “End game” kitten, and having fun playing the game.
So I’m sorry Gibson, but we’re just going to have to agree to disagree.

IHIavok.4753

Mirta , you’re saying you would quit if it took that long to max lvl, or if the game was boring during that?
If you’re having fun while lvling, and it was taking months to get to max lvl, you can sit there and say honestly that you would still quit?
Keep in mind on this okay? Keep in mind that you are “HAVING” fun during the whole time while lvling.

Mirta.5029

Mirta , you’re saying you would quit if it took that long to max lvl, or if the game was boring during that?
If you’re having fun while lvling, and it was taking months to get to max lvl, you can sit there and say honestly that you would still quit?
Keep in mind on this okay? Keep in mind that you are “HAVING” fun during the whole time while lvling.

the only real long leveling curve that I saw was 80 to 90 on WoW and Runescape. It gets really frustrating when you invest 8 hours questing in order to get higher level and do more fun stuff (like dungeons and raids) only to not go up by even a level. Runescape had its own problem of you have to raise too many skills that are a complete grind (example – cooking and fishing). I’ve been in a Russian MMO (forgot what it’s called), gaining a level will take you longer than WoW last levels, but in order to do quests you have to be 2 levels higher than the quests. I quit in that one. It would be really tough to implement an extremely slow leveling system and still make it interesting, rewarding and fun.

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

Sorry, what? First you say it’s “unskilled” ( I take it as a “not based on skill” ), then you say that those who know how to play ( skilled players ) win over those who don’t (unskilled), which is exactly the definition of skill-based pvp.

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

Posted by: Mimizu.7340

Mimizu.7340

10- No tools:

i have met plenty so far.

Mimizu Heavy Industries [Doll] – Underworld

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

The one complaint that I have and it drives me up the wall is the wasted time.

There is a group event in front of me, I see no one in my immediate vicinity so I shout in zone to see if anyone wants to do it, no one answers. So I wait to see if someone comes around, nope. My choices are either to attempt it solo and go down in a blaze of glory or walk away. Walking away just kittens me off....

I recently started leveling a ranger, got to level 40 and wanted to do SM CM. Went to Queensdale and shouted for a group, not one available. I started a group and shouted for people to join me, got 2 joiners. Shouted and shouted, no one else wanted to join. At that point we either attempt it with 3 people and go down in a blaze of glory or walk away. Again, walking away just kittens me off....

I am putting in the effort and the game is giving nothing back. They really need to add a way for me to be able to solo group content.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: SARobb.8365

SARobb.8365

You can’t even eat bacon or have sex that much and enjoy it.

Whoa-whoa-whoa-there Tonto… maybe you can’t … I mean… bacon who doesn’t enjoy that -every- time.

I started to comment seriously but to be honest, If we let the game mature for a year or two, a lot of these perceived problems will go away as ANet works the code vodoo that they do.

Saying that reminds me of another game I played, that has been since put on the chopping block by NCSoft, City of Heroes. When it first came out, you could stack enhancements on a power and make it insanely powerful, think blowing a bad-guy across an entire zone if you put enough knockback enhancers into your power sort of powerful. Then, in one issue, the kittened off 90% of the player base when they introduced Diminishing Returns to the system. 8 years later and one kittenload of crying later, the players saw it as a challenge to see just how much they could squeeze out of a ‘build’ inside the DR system. My point is, only time will tell where we’re headed. Give the ANet coders some time to catch up with the bug reports that have stressed them to the point they needed to hire more support staff. I have every confidence that they want to get stuff fixed for us.

ANet fanboy? nah, I tried GW1 and wasn’t fond of it. But, I’m a software developer IRL and I take every bug in code I write personally and squish it with extreme prejudice as quickly as I can. And if given the opportunity to develop enhancements later on down the road, I jump on it. Most developers I know are like that, I’d like to think the guys in game development are that way too..

“Have at thee Leafy”

(edited by SARobb.8365)

Bradesco.9621

Sorry, what? First you say it’s “unskilled” ( I take it as a “not based on skill” ), then you say that those who know how to play ( skilled players ) win over those who don’t (unskilled), which is exactly the definition of skill-based pvp.

I meant, someone new (unskilled) has no other way to learn how to play (become skilled) if not by dying or not helping his team.

When will start playing a online game, most of games, you start playing with people who, like you, are starting. Them, based on a mechanic, you will be scaled to play with better people as better you get.

Guild Wars 2 is “unskilled” because it has no such mechanic.

For novice people, it is Zergfest, rocks throwing at downstate, warriors and guardians killing, engineers and elementalists dying.

Posted by: Isslair.4908

Isslair.4908

.. there’s 2-3 other players in the area. ..

Yeah, good luck killing champion at the end of meta-chain with 2-3 people.
Good luck trying to complete Balthazar temple event.
Etc.

That’s exactly the problem. A lot of events are designed for really large group of players. But there’s like 2-3 people doing quests. All other are already in LA spamming “lfg xyz”

EU Aurora Glade

Posted by: Ireniicus.2167

Ireniicus.2167

.. there’s 2-3 other players in the area. ..

Yeah, good luck killing champion at the end of meta-chain with 2-3 people.
Good luck trying to complete Balthazar temple event.
Etc.

That’s exactly the problem. A lot of events are designed for really large group of players. But there’s like 2-3 people doing quests. All other are already in LA spamming “lfg xyz”

They have an overflow mechanic..They need an underflow mechanic this would fix areas being dead or not enough players for Meta events

Posted by: mcwurth.2081

mcwurth.2081

the game is what? 2 months old? give it some freaking time. it was ready to be released but they have never said it is FULLY done. and yes they said we release it WHEN it is ready. i have yet to find a game to be 100% finished on release. always a patch here or there.

Blaeys.3102

the game is what? 2 months old? give it some freaking time. it was ready to be released but they have never said it is FULLY done. and yes they said we release it WHEN it is ready. i have yet to find a game to be 100% finished on release. always a patch here or there.

I dont think anyone is posting here because they have given up on Guild Wars 2 or believes that ArenaNet is done. They are simply pointing out what they perceive as problem areas right now. As long as the conversation remains civil and productive (which it seems to be), I think it is a discussion worth having.

As I noted above, my two biggest concerns are the bugged events (which they have said they are working on) and the empty zones/dwindling population found in some of the less popular servers (which is a fairly new problem). I trust the developers to address both of those issues in time, but that doesn’t mean they aren’t worth bringing up and discussing (again, with due respect and in a manner that is productive).

Posted by: munkiman.3068

munkiman.3068

Other than sPvP, culling issues and the absolutely horrible camera, i have no other real issues with the game as a whole. I do run across bugged events, but they are far fewer than i’ve seen in most MMO’s (even the straight questing models).

I have an 80, put in tons of hours and still have tons more to do. I never get bored playing, i don’t ever really feel like i’m doing the same stuff over and over, mostly since i mix things up.

There does need to be more reason to go to specific zones, but over all i don’t find the lack of players many people are complaining about.

[TAO] Founder/Owner and Administrator for the NSP Server Website

Posted by: God Of Fissures.8627

God Of Fissures.8627

game is a boring grind at this point.

not fun anymore

i7-3770K (Delidded) @ 4.6GHz | nVidia GTX TITAN X@ 1468/7800
ASUS Sabertooth Z77 | 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz @ 2400MHz
Samsung 840 PRO 512GB SSD | Windows 10 x64

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

Then again, I am a dying breed, and the “have it nows” won.

Except you’re creating a false dichotomy here. It’s not the “I want to work for it” versus “have it now”.

I’ve been playing this game since the first BWE and loving every minute. Haven’t reached 80 on a single toon yet. I play perhaps 15 to 20 hours a week, which is pretty serious commitment in most other hobbies, is probably close to average for video game players according to studies I’ve seen, but is considered “casual” by the self described “hardcore” set.

I level about every 90 minutes of play, which is what the devs said they wanted for the average player. That means I’ve got about 120 hours of content (give or take due to the first ten level speed through) on a given toon to max. That means about eight weeks for me to get to max level, which feels about right. Anything that takes you two months of steady participation is in no way, “Have it now”.

The fact that some people choose to blow 120 hours (or even minmax their leveling time down to 90 hours) over only two weeks is in no way the fault of the developers.

Take your suggestion, and apply that to a 45 hour a week player, and you’re asking for whopping 750 or more hours to get to max level. Woohoo, so the “hardcore” are now not going to be griping they have nothing to do until four months after launch. In the same stroke, however, you’ve made the average player play for eight or nine months just to level up one character. Pity the poor players who are truly casual and do a few hours on a weekend.

This isn’t about “have it now” or “walkin’ uphill to school both ways”. This is about whether a game caters to people who do almost nothing else with their free time or to those who play it as one aspect of an otherwise full life.

I get it. I was in college once, too. I had ridiculous amounts of free time to play what were then MUDs with other computer and fantasy nerds back when the vast majority of college students only ever visited a computer lab in order to write papers.

You can’t, however, base a game on that niche group anymore, or the grind fests from the other side of the world wouldn’t do so poorly in the Western market.

The best part of these games is not having to worry about this so called “End game” kitten, and having fun playing the game.
So I’m sorry Gibson, but we’re just going to have to agree to disagree.

The funny thing is, I’m playing GW2 and not worrying about the so-called End Game kitten, and just having fun playing the game. It’s because there’s no way I could reach 80 in two weeks even if I wanted to. I’m enjoying the world, finding hidden corners, hopping between characters when the whim strikes, and generally just following whatever seems fun at the moment.

If the game was designed to cater to you and your play time, it would become painfully stretched out for me and mine. Absolutely, there should be games that satisfy us both, but why come to a game that was clearly promoted to appeal to me (they spelled out 90 minutes/level and 80 levels pretty early) and say that its big flaw is that it doesn’t cater to you? Of course it doesn’t. That’s not the game the devs set out to make.

Might as well come here arguing that the game would be a lot better if it was a Space themed shooter.

Posted by: Gilosean.3805

Gilosean.3805

game is a boring grind at this point.

not fun anymore

You used to have fun, right? Did you change anything you’re doing?

I’ve discovered I love the JPs, so I do them whenever I want. They’re fun, I know I’m getting better at moving which is helping me in combat, and I get pretty good rewards at the end. If I was doing the same DE chain over and over I don’t know that I would still be having fun. My advice is to go back to doing the things you found fun before.

Some people like to finish content and move on. There’s no sub, so you can go away for a few weeks and come back for the Wintersday event. Then go away and come back for future events and content. Taking a break works with GW2 in a way that doesn’t work with other P2P MMOs.

Posted by: Dogblaster.6713

Dogblaster.6713

I have 1150 hours played in Guild Wars 2. Leveled 6x 80. Done explorable mode around 200 times. Done with my legendary in next 2-3 days and I have to say that Guild Wars 2 is one of the best mmorpg I have played in last 9 years.

Thank you Arenanet Love you game.

Posted by: Oghier.7419

Oghier.7419

My top 3:

1) Culling in WvW. It ruins the experience for me. It’s particularly ugly when combined with stealth

2) Some Grinds Are Goofy. Legendaries should be a ludicrous grind, but requiring large amounts of T6 mats anything else should be reviewed (and I believe Anet is going to do so)

3) LFG System. There are several models of excellent LFG systems in other MMO’s. Just copy one. The appetite for this tool is tremendous

Overall, I really like this game and the underlying design principles. I expect (more) great things from Anet. They’ve set the bar high

Snit Dirtnap (Thief)
Ratbag Dogsticker (Guardian)
…Yak’s Bend

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

Agree the post you were replying to looked at it from the wrong side, but disagree about dragging out the leveling process. I would sooner have no leveling grind, perhaps a tutorial story line and then be released upon the world as a “max-level” character. It wouldn’t be max level actually as there would be no levels. And it wouldn’t set a grindy precedent. It would be different.

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Let see.
For point 1 that more about pc / web for each player.
Point 2 i do not spvp but from some ppl who are very into it they seem to think its a very high skill game now if your getting killed very fast then i can see how you see it this way.
Point 3 some of the story are great saving a queen fighting a lave robot i am not sure what else you want from a story with out having to play for 5hr doing one event. Yes you do have to do them over and over to get tokens for a full set but you do not have to do them unless you want the full sets at that point its not about the event its more about your own want for the gear.
Point 4 welcome to any game ever made.
Point 5 its a “grind as much as you want” type system you can do it all in one day and get what you want by grinding or you can take a bit of time and run the daily type where you get gold karma and items from different events by only doing them once a day. They could remove the ability to grind but i think that will cause more harm then good and just because you CAN do something dose not mean you MUST do something.
Point 6 players are doing this so you may be wanting to talk to them.
Point 7 they have been crazy fast with all the add in this game still only 3-4 months old and they added in a lot fixed ALOT of bugs and even talk a lot. They just do not let random things leak.
Point 8 they do need to add in new content in low level zone that high level player can use and get high level items from.
Point 9 ya melee are week but they can aoe well a GS hits every thing in front of the player where a ranges weapon is more of a single target other then a few longish ability.
Point 10 its a type of game “play your own” a lot like older games where you had to make your own maps when running though things and well ppl have made there own ways both in game and out side of game with web pages for lfg. Most like they will add in more ways to look for ppl but they have to to keep away from an auto system where a player just hit one button to get items (WoW solo less grouping system is one of the wost things for human contact).

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Posted by: Vakirauta.6397

Vakirauta.6397

The game was released at 25th of august.

The Iron Butterfly

Posted by: Decrypter.1785

Decrypter.1785

1. Diminishing Returns
2. Lots of bugs
3. Terrible loot system for W V W V W
4. Dungeons
5. No GvG

[WM]give us in game ladder

Blaeys.3102

Other than sPvP, culling issues and the absolutely horrible camera, i have no other real issues with the game as a whole. I do run across bugged events, but they are far fewer than i’ve seen in most MMO’s (even the straight questing models).

I have an 80, put in tons of hours and still have tons more to do. I never get bored playing, i don’t ever really feel like i’m doing the same stuff over and over, mostly since i mix things up.

There does need to be more reason to go to specific zones, but over all i don’t find the lack of players many people are complaining about.

It is highly likely that the “lack of players” issue is server specific, so that explains why you havent really experienced it yet. The problem is, the PVE game experience should be fun regardless of which server you chose to create a character on. It is a problem that will only become more pronounced as time goes on and one I really hope they choose to address sooner rather than later.

Mirta.5029

1. Diminishing Returns
2. Lots of bugs
4. Dungeons
5. No GvG

and now what’s wrong with there being dungeons?

Posted by: JunkyardWolf.4126

JunkyardWolf.4126

That’s just it. You take away the grind, you take away what makes an MMO an MMO.

This is the attitude that is crippling the evolution of MMORPGs as compared to other gaming genres. “Grinding” is the lazy developer’s crutch, and should be treated accordingly. It’s the easy way out when honest development effort is required to come up with something better. Consequently, it places blinders on the players who expect such a system to be in place, creating a nasty feedback loop of confirmation bias.

Many years ago, a wild-haired physics geek commented that “mediocrity cannot see higher than itself”, and when it comes to modern PC gaming, nowhere has this been as painfully evident as in MMORPGs and FPSs (honestly, the two are running neck and neck for the crown on that one, but even if you win you still lose).

We are at a stage where the only thing holding back developers from thinking outside the box is players.

Posted by: JMadFour.9730

JMadFour.9730

absolutely. and then they take to the forums to whine about how EVERYTHING about whatever game they rushed through sucks.

par for the course for MMO forums. 2nd worst set of game forum posters in all of gaming. the worst being Console FPSer players.

“Quaggan is about to foo up your day.” – Romperoo

Posted by: mulch.2586

mulch.2586

I think you can tighten the list

1) WvW Culling — I’d put this in its own spot because it’s completely changed one of the signature offerings of GW2 to the point that all WvW is about is exploiting this defect (used to be about hacking the orbs, too, til they were removed). Everything else GW2 offers is common in the market, but 3 faction large scale combat could have been a selling point. As a corollary, I’d add in wvw queues that are long and not first-come first-served, require requeue if you get DCd…

2) Bugs. Basic class-defining abilities and traits don’t work reliably. I can’t hit the ground I’m standing on. My pet obstructs my shots. I’ve gotten to the end of the dungeon and no final reward. My son’s story quest was stalled for 6 weeks cuz of bugged content. The first month post launch, the tp didn’t work, guilds didn’t work, mail didn’t work, parties didn’t work… it was bad.

3) Missin social content. Guild interface remains an industry-worst. Party still doesn’t work very well — get DCed and screw your dungeon group from loot, can’t always join story quests, getting to same overflow. Can’t preview trading post, I can’t sPvP with my friends unless we’re entering tournaments, almost nothing in game to encourage friends.

4) Basic game philosophy seems like it needs some evolution still. Balance classes. Do something to make big fights interesting or challenging rather than just long. (e.g., did the Dredge fractal and tried but lost count of how many complete revolutions of the room it takes… The long repetitive fights at the start of explore modes, it’s routine but takes 5 minutes of tedium, Spider Queen and Lt Kholer, snore). It’s nice we’re getting ascended and fractals and new/special content, but would trade half of it to get good new content that actually works.

Posted by: lisamee.2408

lisamee.2408

Crafting is a big problem. Developers know what the most popular game crafting is, but they made this weriod type of crafting for this game WHY???

Why not make a game known for the very best crafting, or at least improve on what is already considered a game with excellent crafting.

Bradesco.9621

1. Diminishing Returns
2. Lots of bugs
4. Dungeons
5. No GvG

“Terrible loot system for W V W V W” it is a good point, I forgot about that, good one!

Posted by: Xaaz.8472

Xaaz.8472

Number 1 is the only real issue on your list.

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

That would have been a good one buuuuuut here it is a whole month later after people posted this and the thing they added is something that’s breaking up the community and causing issues with gameplay. So yeah that’s no longer the issue the issue is they haven’t added a single new meta even since launch which we were told those would be the focus of the new content in the future. How dead is the new island? That’s my point. Had one main event and there’s like three events on this island and nothing drops from anything.

How ridiculous is it to not have gotten a single shell to drop off of a Karka.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: Xaaz.8472

Xaaz.8472

If you want to make a point, try not to overdo it so it becomes unbelievable.

I went and killed some Karka for about 30 minutes. Well over 10 shells and a few T6 blood. Hardly “nothing”. My guess is most people freak out if they kill 2 mobs in a row without a drop so they come and scream on the forums.

Posted by: Nonlinear.9823

Nonlinear.9823

11. People failing at math.

Bradesco.9621

If you want to make a point, try not to overdo it so it becomes unbelievable.

I went and killed some Karka for about 30 minutes. Well over 10 shells and a few T6 blood. Hardly “nothing”. My guess is most people freak out if they kill 2 mobs in a row without a drop so they come and scream on the forums.

Don’t be so “evil”

Drop rate is really, really hard to talk about, because its only based on “luck” (or exploit).

You can get a “Dust” by mixing 4 exotics just one time, or “waste” hundred and don’t get it.

For others, let’s try to keep a nice and smart conversation.
Try to make a point by posting something you agree/disagree with.

We are here to help.

Posted by: Peets.8529

Peets.8529

2: I don’t know how to play and I can even win…
3: Own fault, why do them each day?
4: bug are hard to fix and they do their best. This is a big game.
5: Own fault, you choice that yourself.
6: This is our own fault, we choice the prizes.
7: No talking? They talk a lot if you compare other games.