in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Dogsmack.4910

Dogsmack.4910

Dam i Just started a thief,is he that bad

Top 3 unskilled professions!

Posted by: Swagman.9013

Swagman.9013

I think the op is saying they are ez mode, if so there should be a lot more ranger on that list.

Posted by: Jordan.6157

Jordan.6157

I eat all of those alive in WvW… so… I’m curious by what you mean “unskilled”?
**I play a “counter” Necro

The most damage with very little effort.

Posted by: CJAncients.6907

CJAncients.6907

Probably ranger. I play one and it’s sort of ez mode for me at least.

Posted by: Kasama.8941

Kasama.8941

1. Warrior
2. Guardian
3. Ranger

This doesn’t mean that they are less fun to play, though.

80 Ranger | 80 Mesmer | 80 Thief | 80 Guardian | 40 Engineer
“The learned is happy, nature to explore. The fool is happy, that he knows no more.”
-Alexander Pope

Posted by: AlexanderFaust.4518

AlexanderFaust.4518

Ah, so burst DMG or “one trick ponies”?
a vid you might enjoy then:: http://youtu.be/Tcr7A2htMMI

Elementalist destroying everything..

Posted by: Swagman.9013

Swagman.9013

That definition and no ranger…

Posted by: TransparentlyOpaque.1824

TransparentlyOpaque.1824

This is a pretty accurate top 3. If any of those classes, Thief Warrior or Mesmer know what their class can do, it only takes a button presses and the other player is dead.

Jordan.6157

Group of meatheads think they good for killing 1 player after a 10 minute chase.

Attachments:

Posted by: Sin.8174

Sin.8174

Cry more?...

Seriously, this thread has no point other than to whine.

Wouldn’t ’unskilled’ be those that don’t learn to counter classes?

Orphyn X – 8X Thief – Tarnished Coast
Lady Raevyn – 11 Necromancer – TC
Fanboy- The New Godwin’s Law.

Posted by: Ergo Proxy.6219

Ergo Proxy.6219

Mesmer is actually fairly difficult to play compared to say hunter or guardian.

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

Translation: “Guys playing these classes keep kicking my kitten in PvP.”

Posted by: Varyag.3751

Varyag.3751

Most professions have easy mode builds.

I play Warrior, Guardian, Elementalist and Thief.

TransparentlyOpaque.1824

Tell me what the elementalist easy mode is please?

tolunart.2095

Fire.

Jordan.6157

Cry more?…

Seriously, this thread has no point other than to whine.

Wouldn’t ‘unskilled’ be those that don’t learn to counter classes?

I absolutely demolish these classes. It just pisses me off that when they actually get a cheap hit on me because one of my control abilities miss (except mesmers they allways hitting me) they unload the most idiotic amount of damage in the game.

Varyag.3751

Maybe don’t know what the word “most” actually means; but I’m not playing an Elementalist to find out. They’re boring.

Jordan.6157

Not to mention how easy it is for thiefs and mesmer to escape death… omg don’t get me started

AlexanderFaust.4518

Maybe don’t know what the word “most” actually means; but I’m not playing an Elementalist to find out. They’re boring.

It’s like you didn’t even watch the vid I posted….

lol, would LOVE to hear how porting around and blowing people up is “boring”. :P

Posted by: lagrangeify.5641

lagrangeify.5641

This is a pretty accurate top 3. If any of those classes, Thief Warrior or Mesmer know what their class can do, it only takes a button presses and the other player is dead.

I do agree with that top 2, but leave mesmers out of it. When played well they’re like swans, all glide on the surface and furious paddling under it. They’re definitely not a 2 button win class.

The topic is about most return for the least skill brought to bear, not best return for effective use of a skill set.

Varyag.3751

I didn’t; don’t feel like watching some English guy go on about stacking boons on Elementalists for thirty six minutes.

lol, would LOVE to hear how porting around and blowing people up is “boring”. :P

Because Engineers do it with more style. :P

AlexanderFaust.4518

I didn’t; don’t feel like watching some English guy go on about Elementalists for thirty six minutes.

Because Engineers do it with more style. :P

lol, since ya didn’t watch the vid.. guess you’ll never know :P
Engi is actually pretty boring tho..

TransparentlyOpaque.1824

I did not look at the video, the url looked like it was a scam site- youtu.be ?

AlexanderFaust.4518

it’s a “quick-link” ~ you get them by clicking “share” under the youtube videos.
the “long” or normal address is:: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tcr7A2htMMI&feature=youtu.be

Jordan.6157

youtu.be is actually youtube. Just looks dodgy as kitten

Varyag.3751

I don’t want to know really, I dislike easy mode builds and I have no plans to play the Elementalist. I typically find that archetype to be really boring overall.

Uh, no, it’s not a scam site…

Posted by: the uprising.6317

the uprising.6317

1) Thief
2) Warrior
3) Mesmer

OP… no. Just no.

Though, the theif can be easy if you follow certain builds/strats but that applies to all classes. The theif is one of the highest skill cap chars in sPvP, and the Mesmer is a class, along with the elementalist, with one of the lowest skill floors, meaning its hardest to do mediocre with them. Though that’s relative to the other classes in this game, since you would have to have the intelligence of a rhesus monkey to screw up with them.

The warrior, imo, doesn’t actually have a high skill ceiling, but are very forgiving at the same time. They have the highest passive health, but at the same time, most of their weapons require you to be in melee range to do your stuff, and surviving there without dodging at the right time and positioning correctly can be tricky. If you are a high twitch player than the warrior will be really easy to do well with, if you are a low twitch player, the warrior will be very hard to learn.

The ranger takes the cake for the highest skill floor and lowest skill ceiling. If you know how to roll your face on the keyboard and have the common sense to “avoid people who are bashing at your face”, you are playing the ranger at basically its max potential. The ranger is the most WoW like class, and the classes in WoW probably took a lot more skill since they had to deal with dozens upon dozens of skills wheras the GW2 ranger just has to worry about a handful of them.

EDIT: This has no basis on how OP or UP certain classes are, the mesmer may be a bit over the top along with the theif. However, what exacerbates their problems is that these classes are best against noobs who don’t know how to counterplay them.

(edited by the uprising.6317)

AlexanderFaust.4518

I don’t want to know really, I dislike easy mode builds and I have no plans to play the Elementalist. I typically find that archetype to be really boring overall.

Uh, no, it’s not a scam site…

lol, as it has nothing ta do with “easy mode” ~ it’s really just your loss
36 minutes he talks about more than one type of build and goes over the elementalist as an actual class.

He also shows off blowing people up in WvW

Posted by: nerva.7940

nerva.7940

the only prof that requires a bit of tweaks in spvp is the mesmer. currently, pro mesmers are impossible to beat. they have no weakness really. rest are fine imho.

Ikiro – 80 Ranger
Umie – 80 Guardian
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgLbWtvtzdU0Ho0zto6VnTQ

Jordan.6157

Hate how people think that because these professions can jump in and out of stealth they have a high skill cap. Yes it may look skilled but seriously it’s easy mode. It’s the addition of 2-3 more buttons…. oh no.

Mesmers can easily beat people just keeping 1 wep set out which is ridiculous (just like thief and warrior). I hate more than anything in this game idiots who run around with 1 wep set out getting kills. Makes me sick how this game can be classed as an e-sport with kitten like that happening… 10 skills (they probably only use 5) is just weak. Play elementalist and use all 25 skills… then you have the most respect but thief, warrior, mesmer… very little respect.

Posted by: gurugeorge.9857

gurugeorge.9857

Anyone who complains that Mesmer is OP is implicitly admitting that they are a n00b.

Jordan.6157

Anyone who complains that Mesmer is OP is implicitly admitting that they are a n00b.

Lucky I didn’t say there are OP then. I only said they are unskilled. (Large dmg output for little effort. 1 wep set pressing 5 keys is little effort)

Posted by: Duckzor.4327

Duckzor.4327

Ranger is pretty ez mode in PvE.

But pvp? Nah.

Go make a ranger and try and kill someone in pvp.

Thief WvW Solo Roam Video

http://youtu.be/MHEU8oCFxrE

Posted by: Schurge.5194

Schurge.5194

The warrior takes skill when fighting competent players.

The Mesmer is easy to use, but hard to master.

I never played the thief.

Champion Phantom
We are not friends.

tolunart.2095

There are these “ultimate fighter” shows on Spike or something… go apply to train and compete, then win one of the championships. Now go watch a bunch of people sit at a computer pressing buttons. Discuss with them how skilled/unskilled various classes are in PvP. Try not to laugh.

Posted by: Halfcentaur.9706

Halfcentaur.9706

The Mesmer is an EZ mode profession?
Anyone who believes this is severely ignorant and hasn’t actually tried the Mesmer out yet. They’re much more complicated than you may believe. I’ve tried out other classes, and even from the low levels, the Mesmer is a much more difficult profession to completely grasp. People are just finally learning how to play their Mesmers now, and we’re finding out that we’re pretty much only good in 1v1 situations. Anything else and we fall flat.

Jordan.6157

I’ve played Mesmer and find them severely easy. You don’t control your illusions except with shatter spells. People think they are skilled because they think of the amount of illusions they summon and all their stealth abilities and the way they confuse the enemy but actually it’s all pretty simple. In fact all that makes them look skilled but it is actually an illusion… LOLOLOL

Sin.8174

I’ve played Mesmer and find them severely easy. You don’t control your illusions except with shatter spells. People think they are skilled because they think of the amount of illusions they summon and all their stealth abilities and the way they confuse the enemy but actually it’s all pretty simple. In fact all that makes them look skilled but it is actually an illusion… LOLOLOL

I honestly doubt your claims. I quite honestly think you’re some sixteen year old kid that thinks he’s top dog, when in all actuality, he’s bad at PvP. The only way he can rage is by coming to the forums and complaining about classes he doesn’t know a thing about.

This is exactly how you come off and I wouldn’t be surprised to find a hint of truth in it.

Jordan.6157

I honestly doubt your claims. I quite honestly think you’re some sixteen year old kid that thinks he’s top dog, when in all actuality, he’s bad at PvP. The only way he can rage is by coming to the forums and complaining about classes he doesn’t know a thing about.

This is exactly how you come off and I wouldn’t be surprised to find a hint of truth in it.

actually yer I was kitten off. I was in WvWvW…. completely dominated a CoF geared kitten warrior with control abilities, etc and he is low so he runs towards his guards at his keep so I just walk away. 1 Min later out of nowhere this warrior charges me, knocks me down and hundred blades me for a good 20k… I when I finally roll out of this mess of stupid dmg with my full Knight set on (toughness/power/precision) am on around 5% health…… obviously he hits me one more basic skill 1 attack and knocks me down. I never lose 1v1s and to lose like this made me angry so I had to vent it since I couldn’t find this players name.

Then there is thiefs… my only issue with thiefs is their ability to escape. They engage you thinking they are top dog flying through the air spinning and kitten but when they realise they have met their match they stealth, switch to short bow and escape 1 mile in less than 5 seconds… what a kitten take.

Mesmers just generally are an annoyance. Most 1v1 I kill the enemy at most in 15 seconds but mesmers take a good minute to kill even tho they are terrible. Just due to the fact that not only do they have illusions but they have a ridiculous amount of stealth… it’s just overkill for avoiding death. They constantly apply confusion making it impossible for you to avoid damage as you are damaging yourself constantly to kill their illusions. It’s just a pathetic strong class. I play against some amazing guardians that die faster than some of these mesmers.

Posted by: Cribbage.2056

Cribbage.2056

There is another angle to consider here. Yes, classes being easy to own with by an unskilled player are a massive problem, but I don’t see much of that in GW2.

I think the real problem is there are some classes that are easy to own with by a reasonably skilled player and some that are very, very hard to own with no matter how skilled the player.

An unskilled thief or mesmer will mostly get owned except by other unskilled players I suppose). That’s because there are a whole range of PvP mistakes that will get you killed and are not class specific. Mashing keys and charging every enemy you see being the top two on my list.

Posted by: MLieBennett.9031

MLieBennett.9031

Anyone else automatically think when they hear “EZ-mode classes” think about the most common classes Bots take? At least for PvE.

1) Bow Rangers with Bear (Most common I ever see)
2) Bow Warriors
3) Necromancers

YOU NEED TO BELIEVE IN THINGS THAT AREN’T TRUE. HOW ELSE CAN THEY BECOME?
- (Death, Terry Pratchett, Hogfather)

Posted by: Ziggurat.8261

Ziggurat.8261

mesmers take skill (or so i thought)

Thieves…have you ever played a thief in a dungeon? you have to be GOOD to not die.

Posted by: Roziel.5720

Roziel.5720

Fire.

Liar. ;p

Posted by: Amiron.1067

Amiron.1067

The Mesmer is an EZ mode profession?
Anyone who believes this is severely ignorant and hasn’t actually tried the Mesmer out yet. They’re much more complicated than you may believe. I’ve tried out other classes, and even from the low levels, the Mesmer is a much more difficult profession to completely grasp. People are just finally learning how to play their Mesmers now, and we’re finding out that we’re pretty much only good in 1v1 situations. Anything else and we fall flat.

I had completely agreed with everything you had said until you stated we were only good for 1v1 situations. This is widely misunderstood about mesmers. We can do great AoE, and handle every situation in PvE and somewhat in PvP, but it does take a lot more effort. People who consider shatters useless are sadly mistaken.

Also, to state that a mesmer is easymode has to be the most ridiculous statement I’ve ever seen. They are, to me, the profession with the highest learning curve and the hardest to master. Go play Warrior or Ranger if you want “easy mode”.

Posted by: Red Falcon.8257

Red Falcon.8257

These discussions are simply false and don’t translate to reality.
All classes have a gimmick build that’s easy to play with and other, greater builds that require micromanagement and skill. This is a fact.

Examples:
- Warrior’s Mace/Hammer stunlock
- Ranger’s sword/torch condition
- Thief conditions builds

Name a class you think requires more skill and I’ll find you a build that an 8 year old kid can be decent with.
Name a class you think is easy to play and I’ll find you a great build that require skill and management.

Quit dismissing as easy classes you can’t play properly but only know their easiest setup.
It’s the most prominent admission that you are a bad.

Posted by: bwillb.2165

bwillb.2165

ITT: Grenade Spam engineer cries about other classes being able to get away from his rain of death.

Posted by: Sunny Side.7960

Sunny Side.7960

People usually complain about the classes they have had a personal experience with. I got beat by a Mesmer and at the time i thought he was OP, couldn’t hit him for all the clones, seemed to do massive damage. But in hindsight he was just playing well.

Thief and Warrior are common “omg so OP” classes cause they are the ones at your face. I play a thief and i can say its hard to get close to a good ranged player. Sword and pistol so no heartseeker spam.

Jordan.6157

ITT: Grenade Spam engineer cries about other classes being able to get away from his rain of death.

Nice assumption there.

Sin.8174

People usually complain about the classes they have had a personal experience with. I got beat by a Mesmer and at the time i thought he was OP, couldn’t hit him for all the clones, seemed to do massive damage. But in hindsight he was just playing well.

Thief and Warrior are common “omg so OP” classes cause they are the ones at your face. I play a thief and i can say its hard to get close to a good ranged player. Sword and pistol so no heartseeker spam.

I do D/D and still don’t spam HS.

I play backstab style and use things to help close gaps. I like to mix it up.

I often use steal to close the gap (2 second stealth trait) and try to get around them. Then there’s Scorpion Wire? Haven’t tried it in PvP yet, but apparently it’s good to use against ranged because you can pull them toward you.