Top Commanders?

Top Commanders?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: breedingpit.6548

breedingpit.6548

Everyone seems to buy a tag for 100g. Who do you think should have the tag?

Top Commanders?

Posted by: Sebulon.7683

Sebulon.7683

It should cost WvW badges instead of gold.

Top Commanders?

Posted by: Aylaine.1036

Aylaine.1036

People who use it to help their server, their community and their overall world should have it in my opinion.

Top Commanders?

Posted by: Tolmos.8395

Tolmos.8395

I agree with this. Right now all we have are “PVE” commanders. People skilled enough at PVE to afford a 100g tag. I look forward to the day we get PVP commanders who earn their badge by being good at pvp.

This is the only game where ONLY the top carebears are considered PvP leaders

Top Commanders?

Posted by: Tomoyo.3482

Tomoyo.3482

to be honest even if it was just with badges it is not hard at all to get. JP every day plus a little bit of time in a zerg = a lot of badges. If anything they could make it a rank type deal that levels up or with votes.

Top Commanders?

Posted by: Tolmos.8395

Tolmos.8395

to be honest even if it was just with badges it is not hard at all to get. JP every day plus a little bit of time in a zerg = a lot of badges. If anything they could make it a rank type deal that levels up or with votes.

Also true. Maybe a combination of things. Badges + kills + time in WvW?

I dunno… just something PvP related lol.

Top Commanders?

Posted by: Guns and Giblets.9308

Guns and Giblets.9308

Also true. Maybe a combination of things. Badges + kills + time in WvW?

I dunno… just something PvP related lol.

Number of keeps and camps assaulted/captured would be useful, since that experience directly correlates with the kinds of activity expected of any competent commander.

“A soft answer turns away wrath,
but a harsh word stirs up anger.” -Jewish Proverb

Top Commanders?

Posted by: Quick Mouse.7635

Quick Mouse.7635

Can we see the wvw ranks of players on our own side? If so, I would go by that ranking. Otherwise, just getting familiar with a few of the commanders that play in your timezone helps. Most servers have a community teamspeak, so logging in there can also give you an idea of who is really in command.

Tactical Fury [TF] – Late NA/early OCX driver (SoS)
Spirit of Faith [HOPE] – RIP

Top Commanders?

Posted by: Geotherma.2395

Geotherma.2395

I have no problem with PVE commanders, they help people find things, events, gather people together for player events etc.

As for WvW, I understand some people feel like they deserve it more. I would say the best way to deal with this is to continue to allow anyone to afford the 100g tag, but make a special icon for those who had unlocked many of the tiers of upgrades in wvw. On top of that allow that achievement status to be displayed online, and people could view those who are dedicated to wvw and leading.

PVE commanders would have the simple blue icon, WvW would have the same icon until they unlocked X amount of upgrades or by some other merits.

Intel i7 3.9ghz processor 16GB Ram 2TB HDD
Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF
http://everyonesgrudge.enjin.com/home MY GW2 Music http://tinyurl.com/cm4o6tu

Top Commanders?

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

Commander should first be unlocked by having a certain kill count, keep taken count, repair count, build count in the achievement tab.

When you have reached these goals, you unlock the book, and you can buy it for 100 gold (or lower)

It should be like this.

Top Commanders?

Posted by: XxTAFxX.6741

XxTAFxX.6741

imo ppl should work to be a commander.
for instance the points we get to put in sieges and stuff has to be maxed out as well as getting top rank,also a ton of badges and a small price.
Then they have the right to get a commander tag.

(edited by XxTAFxX.6741)

Top Commanders?

Posted by: pupgo.2016

pupgo.2016

i think the little blue dot should be yours if the people around you vote for you

Top Commanders?

Posted by: Lazuline.3876

Lazuline.3876

NPC Commanders definitely deserve the tag. They give us free supply, super free siege weapons, spawn a massive ramming dolyak, and buff everyone around them for huge amounts of health. Not only that, he is also quite sturdy and would take several scores of players to take him down. I haven’t seen any other in-game commander do that.

Andrew Sinclaire | Darkhaven Commander
Home World: Darkhaven [US] Representing: Order of Providence [OP]
The Order is currently enjoining recruits to join our cause.

Top Commanders?

Posted by: Heed.4291

Heed.4291

There should be an achievement tab specific to Commanders that unlocks the ‘Commander’ title. Once you have the ‘Commander’ title unlocked a Commander’s Compendium will be available to purchase for 500 Badges of Honor and 100 gold.

The achievements should be:

Dolyaks Killed: 0/100
Sentries Killed: 0/100
Supply Camps captured: 0/50
Supply Camps defended: 0/50
Towers captured: 0/35
Towers defended: 0/35
Keeps captured: 0/20
Keeps defended: 0/20
Castles captured: 0/10
Castles defended: 0/10
Large scale battle participation: 0/100 (Keeps track of each individual instance of orange swords you have participated in)
WvW Events Completed Per Hour: 0/25

Just a rough idea but it would motivate people to earn their commander tag and stop people from QQ’ing about having people dedicated enough to spend 100g on one.

Cyrus Levi, Air Marshall [Commander], Steam Legion [PUNK], Ehmry Bay.

Top Commanders?

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

Commander tags should cost 1000g + 250 Ectos + 250 Passion Flowers.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Top Commanders?

Posted by: Curo.2483

Curo.2483

To be honest, most people with commander tags in WvW have them because they want to command. You don’t get PvE only players going into WvW and leading armies to their death, since PvE players stick to PvE. Also a lot of WvW players that do have commander tags buy them specifically because they love WvW and want to help out there, but because they care so much about it, they don’t tag up in fear that they will screw things up. So really, you don’t see many inexperienced commanders in WvW.

However I do agree that there should be WvW requirements for becoming a commander in WvW. It just seems right.

Curo Lunesque – “Concerned Citizen and Community Builder”
NSP – northernshiverpeaks.org

Top Commanders?

Posted by: Sokar Rostau.7316

Sokar Rostau.7316

The problem with the Commander tags is that some people who really deserve them cannot afford them, while some people who really don’t have a clue what they are doing have them.

Well, that’s one problem with them, anyway…

I actually think that there should be three tags.

Green “Platoon Commander”:
Allows a squad of 10.
Functions as per the current tag.
Costs 25g

Red “Company Commander”:
Allows a squad of 30
Allows up to three Platoon Commanders to be in the squad
Orders can be given to the entire squad or to the Platoon Commanders.
Costs 50g and 500 Badges. Must have Platoon Commander tag.

Blue “Commanding General”:
Commands the entire map.
Allows a squad of 100.
Allows up to three Company Commanders in the squad. 90 players.
The General has his own Platoon to command to bring the total up to 100.
Can give orders to the Company Commanders as well as the entire map (including those not in the squad).
Costs 100g + 1000 Badges, WvW Rank 20+. Must have Company Commander tag.

Dragonbrand – Reforged Vanguard [ReVa]
Kyxha 80 Ranger, Sokar 80 Necro
Niobe 80 Guardian, Symbaoe 45 Ele

(edited by Sokar Rostau.7316)

Top Commanders?

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

I agree with this. Right now all we have are “PVE” commanders. People skilled enough at PVE to afford a 100g tag. I look forward to the day we get PVP commanders who earn their badge by being good at pvp.

This is the only game where ONLY the top carebears are considered PvP leaders

According to you currently each and every commander is a PVE commander ? That’s just pure nonsense.I myself was doing more wvwvw than anything else having a hard time making some money.Always noticing we could use more coordination on my server,and at times we had no comms running at all,i wasnt looking forward to get my 100g.,I had to “Grind” my kitten off (something i HATE doing ) just to get that stupid tag for 100g wich was terrible to get and a drag to be doing,i was Forced to be going full pve for a while eventhough im a pvper.This comment of yours seems aimed at some of the commanders on your server,for whatever reason..Do not judge people from other servers that you don’t know,never spoken too and know nothing about.

(edited by Caedmon.6798)

Top Commanders?

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

So people could get it by farming the jumping puzzle on every alt each day.

Top Commanders?

Posted by: Reikou.7068

Reikou.7068

They should add a new competitive system of “commander points” in WvW, where taking objectives and killing opposing players grants positive points, and losing objectives/dying makes you lose points. The higher rank you personally are, the more points you are worth to kill and the more points you lose by dying/failing objectives.

The top 20-30 players on a server after a certain point threshold should be given commander tags.

That way commander tags must be first earned, and then maintained through further good play.

Reikou/Reira/Iroha/Sengiku/Rinoka/Kuruse/Sakuho/Kinae/Yuzusa/Kikurin/Otoha/Hasue/Mioko
https://www.youtube.com/AilesDeLumiere
http://www.twitch.tv/ailesdelumiere

Top Commanders?

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

Everyone seems to buy a tag for 100g. Who do you think should have the tag?

Everyone that needs it. Commander tags are actually helpful when you are doing Guild Missions, guild leaders or mission organisers in big guilds can put them to good use, even without ever going to WvW.

Servers with above average WvW activity should have already identified the good commanders. Those who can actually lead people, it is even better if the entire server has a way to communicate and coordinate, allowing the good commanders to spread around and cover more ground, or have one active at a time, on any specific map, and when he needs to go, another one takes his place.

It just requires some work on the server’s community part, then the good commanders will be very very easy to spot and identify.

Top Commanders?

Posted by: Solid Gold.9310

Solid Gold.9310

They should be awarded for how well a commander does in WvW and taken away if their performance drops below a certain level.

Just buying commander status for gold is just rubbish and pointless.

Jumping puzzles, love them or hate them, I hate them. Thread killer.

Top Commanders?

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

I bought the title because there was essentially nothing else to spend money on.
5 minutes after spending 100G, I already had 7 more G.