Top Reasons To Return to Guild Wars 2

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Rhyse.8179

Rhyse.8179

Got this in my email box today. This post is my feedback on the attempt to make me return to the game. Needless to say, it didn’t work. Since I won’t be returning, this will be a drive by post. Toodles.

email————

Subject: Top Reasons to Return to Guild Wars 2

“You haven’t logged in to Guild Wars 2 lately, so we want to invite you to come back and check out some of the most recent updates and additions to the game!”

>Story Journal
>Acount Wardrobe
>Meet the Megaserver
>WildStar: Out Now!

>No new zones
>No new dungeons
>No new gear skins (non MT ones, ie, ones I have to actually play the game to get)
>No new class balance
>No new skills
>No new weapons
>No new gameplay related features of any kind

>No “additions to the game!”

Nuff Said.

“I care nothing for a festering industry that wantonly refuses to
provide a service that I’m willing to purchase.” – Fortuna.7259

Posted by: Odin of Ark.4860

Odin of Ark.4860

Anyone have that “Oh this thread again” picture?

Posted by: BlueZone.4236

BlueZone.4236

This attitude is one of the reasons why ANet do a bad job at retaining players.

Posted by: Cuddy.6247

Cuddy.6247

Sort of. However these threads are made constantly. I’m not exactly a dubbed expert, but if the first gazillion didn’t do anything to sway ANet – why would the second gazillion?

I think it was Albert Einstein who defined insanity as doing the same thing and expecting a different outcome.

Posted by: BlueZone.4236

BlueZone.4236

Sort of. However these threads are made constantly. I’m not exactly a dubbed expert, but if the first gazillion didn’t do anything to sway ANet – why would the second gazillion?

I think it was Albert Einstein who defined insanity as doing the same thing and expecting a different outcome.

Because then they can’t use the excuse “well, we don’t know why players were leaving!”.
Well, actually they can, because we all know their thoughts on the forum, too.

Posted by: sonicwhip.9052

sonicwhip.9052

Yea if season 2 is bringing more temporary content I will make the decision to quit as well. The game is almost the same as it was when it launched all the content they have spent a lot of time working on is no longer in the game. I would actually feel pretty annoyed as a game developer to have content I spent time programming disappear in just two weeks.
Archeage is set to release this year and I probably won’t have many reasons to continue logging into gw2 at that time.

(edited by sonicwhip.9052)

Posted by: FrostSpectre.4198

FrostSpectre.4198

People are complaining, but ANet doesn’t have full control on releasing content to GW2, NCSoft does.

I’m a casual PvE adventurer, I enjoy combat, adventure and helping, but not farming.
I rarely do PvP or Hard PvE, unless it’s organized.

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

I just love the hypocrisy since when does it become a social crime to complain about the lack of updates to a product that’s supposedly on mark and making lots of money? Last I checked it wasn’t so not sure why people are even reading these threads if they don’t like them.

Incidently I don’t think it was ever their plan to actually read the forums I believe they hang out exclusively now at Reddit.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

I just love the hypocrisy since when does it become a social crime to complain about the lack of updates to a product that’s supposedly on mark and making lots of money? Last I checked it wasn’t so not sure why people are even reading these threads if they don’t like them.

Incidently I don’t think it was ever their plan to actually read the forums I believe they hang out exclusively now at Reddit.

I’m not surprised. At least at Reddit, you can have a civil conversation without it descending into a whirlpool of verbal abuse.

You can almost taste the toxicity on these forums.

Posted by: aliksyian.7642

aliksyian.7642

All I see is kitten people complaining because gw2 isnt like WoW..
You won’t be missed so please stop posting on the forums about how bad the game is if you don’t even play it..

Who is comparing this to WoW? Do you even read?

On topic, it is very frustrating dealing with arenanet because there isn’t any good communication. Lots of PR nonsense from them, and anything good coming from the players is drowned out in the roar of everything talking at once.

Hide user’s posts on forum with chrome tampermonkey script: http://pastebin.com/aaUQr3pm

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

People are complaining, but ANet doesn’t have full control on releasing content to GW2, NCSoft does.

Actually, ANet’s the one with the control over releasing content to GW2 – they’re the developers, and the ones making the game. NCSoft is the one that publishes the game, but not the content in the game.

Anyway – best reasons to return to GW2?
1.The low, mid, and endgame areas are still populated and you can continue to find new people to play with, when everyone in MMO-of-Choice dashes off to the next endgame zone.
2.The legendary you worked so hard to make is still relevant, after finding all your effort in Other MMO rendered worthless by the very next content patch.
3.Other MMO you have been playing has had a dramatic change, and is no longer an enjoyable experience for you (Such as Cataclysm and Panda for a lot of WoW players.)

You might want to leave if:
1. You are always expect new content for a buy-once game, and must always have the Latest(Not necessarily Greatest) Shiny Thing to come out.
2. The consistency of game experience Guild Wars 2 offers has been ruptured by April 15th or Temporary Content.

(edited by Sartharina.3542)

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

Actually, ANet’s the one with the control over releasing content to GW2 – they’re the developers, and the ones making the game. NCSoft is the one that publishes the game, but not the content in the game.

thank you, sir or ma’am.. some people don’t understand that..
also, i don’t know if this is a fake email or an actual advertisement that someone pasted a bunch of complaints onto and then more annoyingly typed in “nuff said”
furthermore, just some reasons to check back in on gw2 is new content next month and you can be a baby dolyak now

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

NCSoft is not only ANet’s publisher, but also its owner. I am not saying that NCSoft is exercising hands on influence in GW2 but, as they own the game in its entirety, they could.

(edited by Ashen.2907)

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

Things to look forward if you’re/you were exclusively WvW player?
Anyone?

What happened to this?
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/devon-carver-on-the-future-of-world-vs-world/
More than a year and still nothing.

So I ask you again?
What’s there to look forward?

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

I’m not surprised. At least at Reddit, you can have a civil conversation without it descending into a whirlpool of verbal abuse.

You can almost taste the toxicity on these forums.

Well when you’ve been ignored for as long as many customers have in this game, and you’ve had many essential designs to diversity and combat balance written out of the game entirely, and you’ve witnessed the game transform from an all open world event system with great rewards into a totally grind festy gear treadmill with an economy so focused on the TP that even the simplest of skins costs 450-500 gold you get a little bitter after a while. It’s completely understandable.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: tebbles.1564

tebbles.1564

Guild Wars 2 is that rich friend you get to hang out with and do all this cool kitten for free, but in reality he just isn’t that fun and frankly quite shallow.

Guild Wars 1 is that cool friend from your youth you have the best memories with that got lobotomized and is now barely capable of raising his own hands. Playing with him only makes you feel bad about the good times you had.

RIP Guild Wars, I will never forget you.

THE TRUTH

Posted by: nolij.4327

nolij.4327

we don’t need or want new content, i like getting all my chars maxed out and just enjoying the game. but then they went and made kitten harder and now i am debating taking my vodka with sleeping pills and ending it all cus ill never have anything or anyone and this games all i kittening had

just simply reposting your post so that ANet sees this and realizes what they’re doing by burying a sparking jewel underneath piles of kitten

this man is considering ending it because you’re butchering your game, ANet!

may it weigh heavily on your consciences

potatoes gon’ potate

Posted by: Prophet.6257

Prophet.6257

we don’t need or want new content, i like getting all my chars maxed out and just enjoying the game. but then they went and made kitten harder and now i am debating taking my vodka with sleeping pills and ending it all cus ill never have anything or anyone and this games all i kittening had

just simply reposting your post so that ANet sees this and realizes what they’re doing by burying a sparking jewel underneath piles of kitten

this man is considering ending it because you’re butchering your game, ANet!

may it weigh heavily on your consciences

lol

Posted by: HyruleanHyroe.1473

HyruleanHyroe.1473

NCSoft is not only ANet’s publisher, but also its owner. I am not saying that NCSoft is exercising hands on influence in GW2 but, as they own the game in its entirety, they could.

And they have! If my memory serves me correctly, NCSoft is the reason we don’t have Cantha.

I have a “band”, Beatiatrician: http://youtu.be/zw_Sl-El8_I