Total Noob Question

Total Noob Question

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Ravens Bane.4307

Ravens Bane.4307

Hi All

I’m new to GW2 and my first few forays into it have been very promising, I just have a quick question about partying up.

My friends have the game, and I want to join them for adventures and dungeons, but do we all have to be the same race for this? My thinking is not and that once each individual race has left its own starting area there is a hub where we can meet up, however in terms of time/levels how long does this generally take?

Sorry for an obvious question!

Total Noob Question

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

You can meet up almost immediately…right after the tutorial.

Every racial city has a portal in it to Lion’s Arch and everyone starts right in front if their racial city.

Once you explore the city and find the portal to Lion’s Arch, you’ll be surrounded by portals to each of the five starting cities. Go through the same portal and you’re in a starter city and a gate away from a starter zone.

You can do any zone you want when you start this game, by going through to Lion’s Arch.

Total Noob Question

Posted by: Lisa.6102

Lisa.6102

No you don’t have to be the same race?

Are you all on the same server? Thats the most important thing.

What you need to do provided you are on the same server (you can guest if you are not) is just invite each other to join a party.

Once in a party on the same map you will be able to find each other (little blue dots ) on the mini map.

Total Noob Question

Posted by: Lisa.6102

Lisa.6102

opps so slow …lol Vayne answered most of it

Total Noob Question

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

opps so slow …lol Vayne answered most of it

Sorry…I swooped. Timing is everything….still good point about the different servers and guesting.

Total Noob Question

Posted by: Ravens Bane.4307

Ravens Bane.4307

Wicked!!

Thanks for the prompt responses, most appreciated