Toughness broken or power creep too high?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Sororita.3465

Sororita.3465

Since HoT release i cannot survive, my armor, vitality, protection, life force, reduced damage from chilled enemies etc etc cannot keep me alive. My life force is eaten within a few seconds just by one person. I have 3300 armor, 3480 in Reaper Shroud, 23.4 hp and 18.6k Life Force. In the past i was able to out tank the damage done to me, now…i die as fast as if i were in beserker gear. Compounded by the fact i can’t hit anyone, i know im crying a river here.

Do you think toughness and vitality are able to withstand the increased damage of all the new abilities and toned up old ones?

Should toughness reduce crit chance against the wearer?

Or is it that there is little no balance at this moment?

Commander Starlight Honeybuns[BUNS]
Timelord to Lillium Honeybuns, IoJ
Forever together, or not at all.

Posted by: Leeches.7126

Leeches.7126

So you’re a chill reaper thats dying in a few seconds and you want the game to fix that for you?

Chill reapers can live indefinitely vs pretty much everything.

Sororita.3465

So you’re a chill reaper thats dying in a few seconds and you want the game to fix that for you?

Chill reapers can live indefinitely vs pretty much everything.

Cant see how, i always built to have the maximum defense and moderate/high damage i can but it just seems i cant survive whats being thrown at me even with all my defense and cooldowns.

Not to mention anything i throw out is either negated, dodged or healed up right away. maybe my whole spec is wrong. The ability for others to out heal, out cleanse, to appear everytime out of stealth with full hp even though they went in with 10%, every time is insane.

Guess i should just reroll to a warrior, mesmer or thief

Posted by: Verificus.4320

Verificus.4320

You don’t want to hear this, but it’s always a l2p issue. Necromancers in particular are one of the more durable classes and excel at solo play. If you are really having trouble surviving as Necro I don’t know what to tell you to be honest. Like the other guy said, as Necro, even in full zerk, there is no reason to ever die. Ofcourse everyone makes mistakes so you will die occassionally but that will always be player error. I suppose Warrior is even easier although they aren’t as great in HoT jungle because of all the ranged damage and lack of good aoe Warrior has. Mesmer can be easy depending on what build but its alot harder to play than Necro for sure. Thief is even harder. All classes can survive easily in Berserker if you trait properly and play your class right. Necro along with maybe Ranger definitely are the easiest though.

Sororita.3465

All classes can survive easily in Berserker if you trait properly and play your class right. Necro…

Should come face the roamers in my tier…

Immortal warriors that can kill you in seconds, thieves that regain 100% hp no matter how long they stay in stealth or how many times and mesmers that burst continually, the list goes on,

doesnt help the fact im trying to roam on a bunker build against opponents that can buidl with full daamage stats and ignore defensive ones, on a server with no zerg against a queued map…

(edited by Sororita.3465)

Posted by: Verificus.4320

Verificus.4320

Oh we’re talking WvW? No idea then, I only play Ele there.

Posted by: sunnypsyop.3025

sunnypsyop.3025

Posting your build might also help diagnose the problem.

GF Left Me Cos Of Ladderboards [WTF]
:: |SPvP | Rev | Engi | ::

Sororita.3465

Oh we’re talking WvW? No idea then, I only play Ele there.

should have specified shouldn’t I… PvE is cake, anyone can do that. Just keep getting wrecked in WvW roaming since HoT drop but before i was all over people.

Guess its just time to either adapt, wait for them to balance or just play another game.

Sororita.3465

sorry, walking dead is on >.>

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQJAWRnc0Albi12AWbC0biFrBTKAEyKZxZwRYKkKEEDmUA-TliFABUfIAwTXAc7HgkSP+UCCwFAoR1fYSZwMLIkwTAgUAFp1C-w

On paper it looks good, to me atleast but it just under performs so badly.
Even with all the defensive stats, defensive traits, chill, blinds, dodges… they do nothing.

THE GOGGLES THEY DO NOTHING

(edited by Sororita.3465)

Posted by: Eval.2371

Eval.2371

sorry, walking dead is on >.>

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQJAWRnc0Albi12AWbC0biFrBTKAEyKZxZwRYKkKEEDmUA-TliFABUfIAwTXAc7HgkSP+UCCwFAoR1fYSZwMLIkwTAgUAFp1C-w

On paper it looks good, to me atleast but it just under performs so badly.
Even with all the defensive stats, defensive traits, chill, blinds, dodges… they do nothing.

THE GOGGLES THEY DO NOTHING

The build in my opinion looks like a wet noodle. You have all these defensive stats, but really no synergy offensive wise. At most you can smack them and they laugh. Crit damage is only really worth while if you have high crit % which frankly you dont outside of shroud. You would get more out of straight power since you have such low crit%.

Maybe try gear setups like

This, or this, or even this , vit swag or if you want to taste salty frozen tears… this

[Cya] TC Roamer/Scout
I Play WvW to have fun. I don’t find it fun anymore. Therefore I don’t play.

(edited by Eval.2371)

Posted by: Jayllyfish.3489

Jayllyfish.3489

I’m new to the game and a staff ele running full assassin’s with scholar runes and don’t have much of an issue in the new zones. Honestly though, in zones that are group PvE focused, I believe mobs should be tough, and you should have to make a choice, play defensively with defensive gear and wait them out, or become mobile and with high dps, stack might before taking on a vet or two, and pay attention to abilities.

After dying a few times you should know how the mobs react, and short of accidentally pulling a few extras, any class should be able to solo a vet+a normal add or two.

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

It does work, but you’ll have to go condi.

Weirdly enough, it’s a combination of both power creep and nerf that makes it tough for you! This isn’t actually a fault of you or even the other people’s builds; Anet just simply hates the way you have chosen to play, both in terms of WvW small scale and the build itself

The burst, especially condi burst, is extremely deadly, in addition to the ferocity nerf that hurts you as a power build, especially a power bunker. I wasn’t even aware power bunkers could work in WvW; they are possible in PvP to defend points, which Arenanet seems to have balanced the reaper around. In WvW which Anet has done almost nothing to balance around and you are facing enemies like thieves that arbitrarily decide to run away in an almost infinite battleground. Unfortunately, roaming seems to be about finding a way to adequately pressure your opponent and from my limited experience reaper seems easier to kite than base necro. If you are solo roaming, there will just be builds that you cannot win against if you don’t have the burst, even if you had more power, you will find yourself wondering why that d/d ele is utterly unphased by anything you toss at him.

This does a double whammy on cavalier— DP build, because your base power is lower, and toughness doesn’t do much vs condis and you’re missing vit to deal with it. So Valkyrie may be a alternative, because it is primary power, and adds vitality.

On the flip side, a condi bunker necro would be able to let the conditions wear someone down, plus they have easy access to constant poison. Of course, they will still run away from you, and you can’t from them, but that’s just the nature of the class.

I don’t really have any good suggestions, because I believe you are probably a better player and thus it’s sorta moot but:

• Plague Signet instead of Spectral Armor. Even against non-condi builds, you can rid yourself of soft CCs. A faster stunbreak is generally preferable anyways.
  • Some valk over cav.
  • Go dire base necro or something.
  • Poison
  • Play PvP
For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

Posted by: Brullyra.1592

Brullyra.1592

This is what i’ve been running and it’s worked, as well being great fun.

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Well, that is a very interesting build.

Is unholy sanctuary enough to keep you up?

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Posted by: Brullyra.1592

Brullyra.1592

Well, that is a very interesting build.

Is unholy sanctuary enough to keep you up?

So far it has been.

Posted by: Spurnshadow.3678

Spurnshadow.3678

I play frontline necro. Since HoT, I don’t have much of an issue soloing people, but there’s always someone better than you, or a build that will trump you. Condis usually wreck me. I’d change up a few skills for roaming, but I just don’t want to be bothered with another set of armor. There is no build that can win against everything.

The build you posted is waaaaaay to defensive. The role of a necro is dps. You don’t need nearly that much defvence, even in the front of a zerg. If you think you do, it really is a l2p issue. Roaming is all about dps, all about killing your enemy before they kill you. If you’re tanky, then you just won’t die as fast, but you will die, and you won’t be able to kill them.

Also, Vamperic Presence is a must for any WvW necro, unless you just never run in a group.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQJAWRnMbCt0g10AebC0biFvBb6iFASAxJwIYFkqDECGUA-TlSBABUcIAMTJ4VK/8U9gIuAAEt/Ae6CwUFnFeAAAcEAIFQRatA-w

Runes of the reaper and trooper are also good, but you’ll need to swap some armor for zerk to make up for the loss of power/precision.

Blackgate Native. It takes tremendous strength and skill to pull a lever.

(edited by Spurnshadow.3678)

Posted by: RobLnd.1074

RobLnd.1074

personally dont rate cavalier as a stat choice, would always take valk if you want that high damage on crits with crit chance aquired by some other means

vit>tough in general and keeping power main stat and not a secondary

im sure there is a place for cav in small amounts in some builds but i would avoid investing too much into it

also iirc bloodlust>cruelty always

[NB] Charri – Far Shiverpeaks

Posted by: Coco.5670

Coco.5670

Ran full zerker necro throughout all the Magumma zones and I got downed twice throughout my entire time there, both times to raptors. Not sure what to say to you, are you clicking your abilities? I can’t think of a single thing that would enable you to die to one mob as a chill necromancer with that much tankiness.

Posted by: Sungtaro.6493

Sungtaro.6493

Ran full zerker necro throughout all the Magumma zones and I got downed twice throughout my entire time there, both times to raptors. Not sure what to say to you, are you clicking your abilities? I can’t think of a single thing that would enable you to die to one mob as a chill necromancer with that much tankiness.

Players not mobs. The complaint is about roaming in wvw.

Never attribute to malice what can be attributed to incompetence.

Posted by: Coco.5670

Coco.5670

Players not mobs. The complaint is about roaming in wvw.

Even better.

Posted by: SlayerSixx.5763

SlayerSixx.5763

Guess i should just reroll to a warrior, mesmer or thief

One of these three is not like the other, not like the other….

Posted by: BlackBunny.3681

BlackBunny.3681

On my DH while doing the story line my guy can get hit for 6k auto attacks…. i have 12k hp.