Toxic players when Tequatl is up

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Trinibaje.7683

Trinibaje.7683

Why is it when Tequatl is up, the players that are wanting to do that event expect the other players in the map to just up and leave the map? And God forbid they see you actually mapping. You are apparently not allowed to do anything but Tequatl in Sparkfly Fen when he is up unless you want to be yelled at and cussed at by a whole bunch of other players. Let’s say you do decide to try Tequatl… you better do it their way.. or you’re going to get yelled and cussed at then too.

Posted by: Penarddun.6827

Penarddun.6827

I think it comes from the fact that the players are frustrated with the grind-like nature of having to farm drops from these bosses day in and day out, and want to do it as quickly as possible, so they get annoyed when the situation isn’t optimal.

Not right, but understandable considering how much repetitiveness is in the end game farming. Would drive anyone a little batty.

Ignore them, or don’t look at the chat window at all. Then they can’t hurt you.

Posted by: Zui.9245

Zui.9245

I think it comes from the fact that the players are frustrated with the grind-like nature of having to farm drops from these bosses day in and day out, and want to do it as quickly as possible, so they get annoyed when the situation isn’t optimal.

Not right, but understandable considering how much repetitiveness is in the end game farming. Would drive anyone a little batty.

Ignore them, or don’t look at the chat window at all. Then they can’t hurt you.

I think you’ve definitely hit part of the reason. I find world bosses fairly boring; I mostly enjoy content that has some level of required person skill and small-team skill, and where both are actually noticeable. World bosses aren’t challenging in that respect. However, they are the absolute fastest and most reliable method of obtaining dragonite ore; sPvP is very slow comparatively, WvW is slow on average but also with wide variance depending on the current situation, and EotM is fairly reliable but still slow. WvW Keep/SM taking, and EotM still suffer from the same issues as world bosses for me, though. Due to the lack of other reasonable options for efficient dragonite ore obtainment, one is effectively forced to do world bosses if they value their time, and if you feel forced to do content that you probably wouldn’t otherwise be doing as much (or practically ever) just because you value your time, you’re probably going to want it over ASAP.

Another part of the issue is organizational. Anyone in your map instance and not participating is taking the spot of someone who could participate. Not only does this lead to a slower completion, meaning more time expended and less chance of hitting bosses that are close together on the timer (side note: does ANYONE like playing on a timer?), but it also increases the probability of failure of the event. People doing map completion aren’t just not participating, they’re hurting you, because they’re taking the spot of someone who could help you (or, you know, your buddy who really wants in the instance, but can’t get in because it’s full, even though say 20% of the whole map isn’t participating). This is a fundamental issue with the design of world bosses, amplified by megaserver change.

Posted by: Kaldrys.1978

Kaldrys.1978

That’s what happens when Anet tries to shoehorn instanced content into an open world setting.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

That’s why I’ve always supported Tequatl and the Triple Wurm scaling a bit better for lower numbers of players, so success is not so dependent on having the majority (if not all) the players in a map participating.

Posted by: Allelya.6830

Allelya.6830

Make it instanced, requiring 15-25 people. Problem solved.

Delvien – d/d Elementalist – Gates of Madness

Posted by: Fyrebrand.4859

Fyrebrand.4859

That’s what happens when Anet tries to shoehorn instanced content into an open world setting.

Uh… dungeons say hi. This happens in instanced content as well.

Fyrebrand.4859

The “solution” is to not have open-world bosses anymore?

(edited by Fyrebrand.4859)

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

going to have to agree. open world raiding relies on tons upon tons of randoms cooperating(my cringe just cringed) and it almost never works out that way.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

Posted by: Allelya.6830

Allelya.6830

If it makes it harder because of other players inhabiting the zone doing other activities, then yes. ANet isn’t going to want to change the mechanics of the fight.

Delvien – d/d Elementalist – Gates of Madness

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

ArenaNet has a strict no tolerance policy on verbal abuse. If you see anyone abusing in map or whispers, right click and report them. They will clean that right up.

Posted by: Majic.4801

Majic.4801

Working As Intended.

“Not the same, real and true. True you feel inside.
Always follow what is true.” — Sentry-skritt Bordekka

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Report abusive people. If people start doing it, people will get temporary bans and think twice before doing it the next time.

Fyrebrand.4859

If it makes it harder because of other players inhabiting the zone doing other activities, then yes. ANet isn’t going to want to change the mechanics of the fight.

I don’t think this is fair to the people who want to have a larger-scale, open-world “raid-like” experience. Not to mention, it’s not how or why the event was designed.

Maybe an alternate instanced version could be an option, as an unlockable guild mission or something. But if you think the rewards for the instanced version are going to be as good as the open-world version, you are fooling yourself.

well there’s a difference between profanity in map chat and verbal abuse.

Yes, and unfortunately a lot of MMO moderators draw a very thick line between the two, as far as what they will act on. Too often, it is evident that you can troll the heck out of anyone you want, sabotage other players’ activity, abuse the game mechanics, or even get away with certain insults and harassment. But if you say one of the pre-determined swear words on their “no no” list, then you’re in hot water!

(edited by Fyrebrand.4859)

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

ArenaNet has a strict no tolerance policy on verbal abuse. If you see anyone abusing in map or whispers, right click and report them. They will clean that right up.

well there’s a difference between profanity in map chat and verbal abuse.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

Posted by: Lady Deedra.3126

Lady Deedra.3126

Keep doing what you’re doing. If they don’t like you playing your game how you want to play it then its really just too bad.

Skjold Pjod
I am “That” guy you have all heard about.
1,073 precursors forged and counting.

Posted by: RoxBuryNine.4210

RoxBuryNine.4210

Two nights ago I was mapping Sparkfly Fen with my Sylvari Ranger. I happened to be on the map when players were organizing for Tequatl. All I saw in map chat was general banter and people asking others to come and help. I never saw any rudeness whatsoever. There was also a guild group exploring the area and doing bounties. My Ranger stopped mapping to participate in Tequatl’s event. Tequatl was defeated, not once but twice, because a guild spawned him right after the regular event. It was a lot of fun.

Later in the evening, I returned to Sparkfly Fen as players were organizing for another Tequatl run. Again, no rudeness, no yelling, no cussing. So, my Ranger participated in three successful Tequatl events, got lots of boxes, and finished mapping the zone without ever experiencing any of the allegations cited in the OP. Just lucky, I guess.

Then he went to Bloodtide Coast just in time to load near where the Cobalt Wurm spawns. I got some Egg Scrambler achievement. That event was a disaster but no one was yelling or cussing. Again, I must have been lucky running into players having fun.

I have run into rude players before and they do taint your play. I either block them or try to get on another map if they’re really toxic.

Posted by: biofrog.1568

biofrog.1568

Well who’s the selfish party here?
Is it the person who doesn’t simply take the 30 seconds to log out then back in thereby being put onto a new map, who also has the potential to cause up to 150 other players the loss of a significant event and rewards?
Or is it the players who are trying their best within the games limits to succeed in something that takes significant effort to organise?

People often don’t know the inner workings of a game engine, which leads to irate players trying to succeed against false game mechanics (ie: map limits) instead of succeeding against a genuine challenge in a dynamic event.

So you can ask (politely) a player to do something, but you can’t force them to. I think this is really why guilds ala TTS change maps so often for organised events. Not because you aren’t welcome, but because you aren’t cooperating for success.

I have been in the OP situation, particularly in guild events where I ask ‘Do you need help with X’.. or they ask ‘Please leave as you are scaling up the event’, to which I gladly do. The good community of Guild Wars often sends genuine thanks to anyone who contributes positively in any form.

“There’s no lag but what we make.” – biofrog

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

There has been only one person who consistently asks people to leave the teq map in the many many runs I have done, no idea why since if it fails it is not because someone is doing map completion. Just block that one person and get on with your life.

Posted by: Boneheart.3561

Boneheart.3561

I used to feel bad taking someone’s spot at Tequatl on a specific World, and I’ve mentioned as much to two or three natives. No comments, they didn’t seem to care, they just ferried in anyone that knew who to know. I don’t even think they tell anyone to re-zone or log out to Character Select (at least not often), everyone’s pretty kitten familiar with the fight.

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

the blame is on game design, not the players (well, acting rude isnĀ“t great either). If you create content that needs close to map maximum players to complete, this is bound to happen – the same goes for many events in GW2s design. But they rather ignore the problem lest they have to consider the ultimately feared R-word.

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

That’s why I’ve always supported Tequatl and the Triple Wurm scaling a bit better for lower numbers of players, so success is not so dependent on having the majority (if not all) the players in a map participating.

It’s already AFKable enough… sorry, but no. If it’s going to stay open world then this idea is terrible. I understand your point but the drawback certainly outweighs the benefit, as there’s already a huge lack of “end game” content as is.

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

Why is it when Tequatl is up, the players that are wanting to do that event expect the other players in the map to just up and leave the map?

Because it takes 20 seconds to relog, which will put you in a new instance of Sparkfly where you can continue mapping without interruption and they can get their friends in to bath in Tequatl spittle. You lose nothing in relogging, while their friends will have to wait a few more hours for the next Tequatl run if they miss it because the map’s hard capped.

It might seem unreasonable when you’re not involved, but you’ll learn to appreciate it if you ever start joining organized events and wind up on the wrong end of the hard cap.

And God forbid they see you actually mapping. You are apparently not allowed to do anything but Tequatl in Sparkfly Fen when he is up unless you want to be yelled at and cussed at by a whole bunch of other players. Let’s say you do decide to try Tequatl… you better do it their way.. or you’re going to get yelled and cussed at then too.

Now that I agree is unreasonable, there’s no excuse for being rude unless you’re dealing with griefers – and even then it’s best to remain civil than to give them the satisfaction they’re pushing your buttons.

Posted by: binidj.5734

binidj.5734

The problem isn’t whether the event will succeed or not, I think most guilds and alliances that are doing the content now are quite clear on how to beat the encounter. The problem is that they are probably trying to ferry people in for the encounter and they can’t if the server is full … hence the request for people not involved in the encounter to leave. There is NO excuse for rudeness or abuse but I can see the reasoning.

In PvE I don’t see that there is much harm in briefly logging out to let someone else have your spot in that map; you’ll just get ported to a new server and if you’re not doing the event I can’t see that it matters which mega-server you end up on.

Glad to be [Grey] – http://thegrey.enjin.com/home
Piken Square

Posted by: Labjax.2465

Labjax.2465

I’m trying to understand how random people “see you mapping” and then comment on it. The Tequatl area is relatively small compared to the map itself and most of the people waiting for the event to start cluster in a small area to be the main zerg.

But yes, although no one has an excuse to be rude, you can – as others have said – do the kind thing, which is to log out briefly, so that you’ll get placed onto another instance of the map. It’s a win-win situation for both sides if you do so – you get to continue mapping undisturbed and they get the player slot for their buddy.

Or words to that effect.

Posted by: Asgaeroth.6427

Asgaeroth.6427

There shouldn’t be world bosses that are fix scaled to be optimal with a capped zone worth of players on the fight. It’s well past time for these stupid things to be tuned to be killable with 50 players or so. The current model does not work for megaserver.

Posted by: Sunshine.4680

Sunshine.4680

Open world bosses are bad design for the loot they give.

Posted by: justkoh.4073

justkoh.4073

Well who’s the selfish party here?
Is it the person who doesn’t simply take the 30 seconds to log out then back in thereby being put onto a new map, who also has the potential to cause up to 150 other players the loss of a significant event and rewards?
Or is it the players who are trying their best within the games limits to succeed in something that takes significant effort to organise?

People often don’t know the inner workings of a game engine, which leads to irate players trying to succeed against false game mechanics (ie: map limits) instead of succeeding against a genuine challenge in a dynamic event.

So you can ask (politely) a player to do something, but you can’t force them to. I think this is really why guilds ala TTS change maps so often for organised events. Not because you aren’t welcome, but because you aren’t cooperating for success.

I have been in the OP situation, particularly in guild events where I ask ‘Do you need help with X’.. or they ask ‘Please leave as you are scaling up the event’, to which I gladly do. The good community of Guild Wars often sends genuine thanks to anyone who contributes positively in any form.

My stance on this thing is, ask politely and hope they comply. They have a right to be there as well.

If they don’t comply, I’d say too bad but nothing gives you the right to be rude and abusive especially just for loot.

To those not participating in the events, the reasons have been stated by earlier posts and you can make your own decision if its a valid reason, possibly with the tone of the request taken into consideration. If anyone gets abusive, I suggest to screenshot and report.

Posted by: Traveller.7496

Traveller.7496

If I would not be participating when something like this happens, I would map if I was asked politely. I would not stay just to spite others.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Random points I just wanted to toss my 2c out for….

1)Tequatl does not need the entire map present in order to succeed. So there isn’t any call for people to be telling non-participants to leave the map.

2) Open world bosses are not “bad game design.” Considering the same kitten happens in games where this type of content is instanced, this has everything to do with player attitudes, not base game design decisions.

3) I’ll agree that the loot needs some adjustment overall.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: binidj.5734

binidj.5734

1)Tequatl does not need the entire map present in order to succeed. So there isn’t any call for people to be telling non-participants to leave the map.

You are both right (Tequatl doesn’t need the entire map to defeat it) and wrong (there are perfectly legitimate reasons to ask – not tell – non-participants to leave the map). Imagine you are a member of a large guild, possibly a guild that exists primarily to take down world bosses (we have one on Piken so I can’t imagine other servers don’t also have them) and similar level encounters. Imagine that you can’t get all of the members of the guild who want to join you into the map you’re on. You have a couple of options:

• Option 1 – try to taxi your locked out members into the zone until the fight starts, at which point they miss out.
  • Option 2 – ask if people not involved in the encounter would mind hopping to another instance of the map so that you can get your missing people in.

It’s not about how many can do it, it’s about how many want to do it but can’t because of the way that mega-servers work.

Glad to be [Grey] – http://thegrey.enjin.com/home
Piken Square

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

When I’m trying to taxi someone in,

I’ll often ask in map chat if anyone is mapping, and if they’d mind relogging, so I can taxi friends.

More often then not, I manage to get 2-3 people in, when I post this on map.

I think most people are ok with re-logging to a more empty map if they don’t want to do teq. Be kind, it only takes 1-2mins at most! to reload the map. And by doing so, you open up the spot for someone to do teq.

It’s not that teq needs a full map. (it really doesn’t.) but it people who want to taxi in guildies/friends, who would like to do teq, who tend to ask people who are mapping to re-log.
I mean….it’s just being kind and giving the map spot to someone else, when you don’t need to be in a full map.

Posted by: rabidsmiles.5926

rabidsmiles.5926

It’s completely frustrating when you have a group of people who are all trying to organize to get the event done and the map ends up being full. All those who take up the needed space end up making it harder for the group to complete the content (especially with the Triple Wurm) So much coordination goes into making those events successful. Why should someone get their feelings all twisted in a knot if asked politely to relog so the group can try to get more players in to help? It won’t hurt those who are mapping Sparkfly or Bloodtide. As long as the group running the event asks politely and won’t go about it in a rude manner.

I know in the end, players will do whatever a player wants to but if there is a an event running, you should try to join it or relog to make it easier for that event to succeed. Nothing more irritating than to go on a Triple Wurm run and fail because we didn’t have enough people.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

You are both right (Tequatl doesn’t need the entire map to defeat it) and wrong (there are perfectly legitimate reasons to ask – not tell – non-participants to leave the map). Imagine you are a member of a large guild, possibly a guild that exists primarily to take down world bosses (we have one on Piken so I can’t imagine other servers don’t also have them) and similar level encounters. Imagine that you can’t get all of the members of the guild who want to join you into the map you’re on. You have a couple of options:

• Option 1 – try to taxi your locked out members into the zone until the fight starts, at which point they miss out.
  • Option 2 – ask if people not involved in the encounter would mind hopping to another instance of the map so that you can get your missing people in.

It’s not about how many can do it, it’s about how many want to do it but can’t because of the way that mega-servers work.

And I did specify ‘tell’ not ‘ask.’

I understand that people want to taxi their guild members in, but considering the max size of guilds vs the size of the map cap, it is completely unreasonable to believe that you ‘should’ be able to taxi in 1/4 of your guild to do a boss. Guilds were given the ability to spawn these bosses outside their allotted window for a reason (because it’s unrealistic to think that you’re going to get 100+ people from one guild into any particular instance during specific time frames.).

Honestly I think it’s asinine that max guild size is 500 and map cap is like 150, but that’s a different rant.

Now, in the case of guild boss spawns, having the option to do it in either a private instance or open world might help resolve that issue. However, the potential issue that arises from this is the same as throwing the boss into an instanced raid all together. Unless you belong to a specific crowd, you get locked out. Where as in the open world, anyone can jump in and at least attempt it… even if they have never done it before. Its wonderful for newer or shyer players.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

IIRC ANet said it would require 80 people, so if you’re taking up a spot on a dedicated Tequatl run, you’re making it harder on them. I can see why they would be mad at you.

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

Having commanded a number of EU Tequatl runs, but have since gotten somewhat bored of it all, my fellow commanders and I are usually not too fussed about a few extra non participants mapping about the place. Ever since the fixes to the various problems in that event, pretty much every run I commanded have been completed with about 7:30 left on the clock. Mind you this is with 3 other random commanders and a field full of pugs.

This I boil down to experience. It’s getting to the stage that anyone who did those events with the big guilds has gained enough experience and confidence that they’re spreading the knowledge. I used to join runs hosted by organised guild runs and gained enough knowledge to try it myself. When I commanded, I would always ask how many people were new to the run and very rarely would I get more than 1 or 2 newbies. The first few times, we commanders would broadcast a request for mappers to relog, but after a while even without the full 150 players it didn’t take much longer to complete the event. In fact, if people aren’t going to relog and aren’t going to join in I’d prefer that they go about their business than unnecessarily scale up the fight because they’re AFK or some such

Posted by: nelzack.7205

nelzack.7205

Well when you get into an map instance if you look at the chat you more likely to see “Is this the main map?”, right? I would expect something more like (Quoting Biofrog) Do you need help with X? This kind of attitude will craft a success more often than failure.

I think Anet build MegaServer and Timers not to make us wait much longer before the event begins. The search for the “main map” is not the solution of success in world bosses. People must listen to other players that are putting some effort to organize it. Ah, and co-op with the Commander (if the commander really commands instead of being quite and silent for a long time- aka AFK. If you don’t actually command tag off or refer a friend that is commanding ).

I helped to organize Tequatl few times and I see only one problem with a lot of reasons:
1) People do not answer the chat ( maybe because they don’t understand english (be fair when you choose a language), they are AFK, they know what to do which is reasonable, only listen to commanders…).

About the loot: “nothing” is most likely what you can read at the end which is quite unfair, in my opinion. Come on! We get 2g and a lot of karma in ( less than) 15min. If it takes long (the waiting time), well just change attitude and go to SparklyFen later and Co-op for an organized event. It will work, we don’t need all players in the map, as it was pointed out by Lanfear. It also helps casual players to have fun along with rewards.

World map events is one of the thing that make Guild Wars: Guild Wars. Do not ruin it, please. You have to organize and trust each other for the win and use your skills on the fight. That’s what brings fun to this events.

When things don’t seem to work or don’t work: toxic players show up. But remember, good players too!

:)

Good travels

Have fun,
n
Gandara

Posted by: VodCom.6924

VodCom.6924

To OP.

I can understand that people are asking pug uninterested by megabosses to pick an other map, to allow their friends to get in.
On the other hand, calling names and insulting people cannot be tolerated.

Now if you see such message again, ask yourself : how about I join them and we have fun killing dragon ?

Because sparkfly fen with its hearts and jumping puzzle will still be here in 2 hours, which won’t be the case of tequatl and all the people who are trying hard to organize a good run with their friends. Jump on opportunities to make good money with avery cinematic fight.

Known as Reegar Else, Linda Else, Xiana Else and Thorgall Breakstone

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

People should always be polite. There is no reason to be rude.

Unfortunately, ANets solution to world bosses is to use some gimicky mechanic combined with a large dps requirement. These events generally seem to require a map-full of people working together to bring down the boss.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

This is pretty much what it comes down to. People want raids. The reason for toxic players (as mentioned by OP) is because some players wish to turn the open world content into instanced content and they do so by attempting to chase people away.
In essence the problem is not with ANet wanting to put instance content into the open world, the problem is that players kept asking for harder content and then ANet gave it to them and now it’s so hard that you need to ensure a certain level of participation. I won’t say that chasing players away is necessary, but is certainty does help. Anet could scale the difficulty down and this would solve some of the issues regarding toxicity, but then we’d people asking for difficult content again. Some players won’t be satisfied until GW2 is a raid treadmill.

going to have to agree. open world raiding relies on tons upon tons of randoms cooperating(my cringe just cringed) and it almost never works out that way.

Not necessarily, I think Marionette was a fairly well balanced open world encounter. It basically broke the cooperation into smaller chunks. Cooperation was mostly broken up into lanes, with the only inter-lane cooperation being that no one should mess up.

In the case of something like Tequatl there isn’t such a clear distinction, you have those dps-ing tequatl, you have the turrets taking off stacks and cleansing the dps-ers and you have the defenders defending the turrets. A failure at any point means an overall failure. The defense phase is a bit more in line with what we saw at marionette.

In marionette it was basically defend the lane (which doesn’t require any support from another different group) and then attack the bosses (which doesn’t require any support again). It was a large open world event, but the cooperation was kept small scale (sort of).

Keep doing what you’re doing. If they don’t like you playing your game how you want to play it then its really just too bad.

A good piece of advice.

Two nights ago I was mapping Sparkfly Fen with my Sylvari Ranger. I happened to be on the map when players were organizing for Tequatl. All I saw in map chat was general banter and people asking others to come and help. I never saw any rudeness whatsoever. There was also a guild group exploring the area and doing bounties. My Ranger stopped mapping to participate in Tequatl’s event. Tequatl was defeated, not once but twice, because a guild spawned him right after the regular event. It was a lot of fun.

Later in the evening, I returned to Sparkfly Fen as players were organizing for another Tequatl run. Again, no rudeness, no yelling, no cussing. So, my Ranger participated in three successful Tequatl events, got lots of boxes, and finished mapping the zone without ever experiencing any of the allegations cited in the OP. Just lucky, I guess.

Then he went to Bloodtide Coast just in time to load near where the Cobalt Wurm spawns. I got some Egg Scrambler achievement. That event was a disaster but no one was yelling or cussing. Again, I must have been lucky running into players having fun.

I have run into rude players before and they do taint your play. I either block them or try to get on another map if they’re really toxic.

What region are you in? Generally I’ve had no problems on the EU servers, although I am hardly ever around in those maps at those times.

Posted by: Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Is “toxic” some kind of ridiculous buzzword for “other people not playing the game how I want them to” now?

Why can’t you just ignore the chat? Or better yet do what I do and monitor it so you can tell when Teq is about to go down and pop in to tag him when he’s abouit to drop for free rewards.

Posted by: Vikkela.7261

Vikkela.7261

Ignore the haters, do whatever you were doing, continue life

9 Guardians later…

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

I suggest using the turret’s cleansing attack, as it clears Tequatl’s poison from the players feet. This should make them considerably less toxic.
-snicker-

Posted by: Silvia.9130

Silvia.9130

They do not ask you to leave Sparkfly and not do your map completion until event is done. They ask you to relog, so that you will end up in a less populated map where the event is not being organized to allow people who want to help with Tequatl to join the organized server.
You will have less lag and issues in your map completion, they will have higher chances that the events succeeds smoothly. It is annoying but nothing so terrible as you make it sound

>>Lady Carlie Castle<
>>=<

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

The “solution” is for players to grow up. Teq killers don’t own the instance, even if they outnumber everyone else in it 80 to 1.

(edited by Sariel V.7024)

Posted by: CMF.5461

CMF.5461

What if, instead of world bosses spawning in the world map, a portal spawned for interested players to zone into a separate boss fight map, this would alleviate the disinterested parties from interfering with the map population count of interested parties.

It would still be prone to population limit per map, and large groups wanting to be in the same map, but it would remove some of that afk activity since they would have to click the portal.

If thematically they wanted the world to be “dangerous” when these bosses are around, have spill over encounters around the portal be active until the boss event is over. If the boss event succeeds, then the world is happy place.

If the event fails, then the spill over encounters persist, making that area more dangerous till the next encounter.

Same encounter/mechanics, just move the fight to another room.

Posted by: Lostwingman.5034

Lostwingman.5034

Let’s say you do decide to try Tequatl… you better do it their way.. or you’re going to get yelled and cussed at then too.

Errmm…yes? Because there are only so many ways that Tequatl can be done successfully and the easiest ones for an open world/non-organized group of +100 people can be counted on a single finger. I think you seriously don’t understand that it requires most of a map’s population at Tequatl to beat Tequatl.

Bad@Ele: Alaric Von Manstein
Bad@Thief: Kiera Gordon
Sea of Sorrows, a server never before so appropriately named.

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

Better nerf Teq. Can’t have toxicity. Can’t have some people playing how they want and having others tell them not to…….. We must cater to those that are RIGHT in that the way the play is the RIGHT way. And you are all losers/bannable/vermin for not agreeing.

/endsarcasm… points to Blix thread —-——>

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

Ah yes. Compare one zerg being belligerent to people who are off doing their own thing to a pack of exploiters getting kittened that someone is interfering with their cheating. Good syllogism there.

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

Ah yes. Compare one zerg being belligerent to people who are off doing their own thing to a pack of exploiters getting kittened that someone is interfering with their cheating. Good syllogism there.

You don’t see the connection? Need glasses?

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)