Toxic players

Toxic players

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Blackwolfmetal.3640

Blackwolfmetal.3640

Today i was just casually doing PVP on a rankfarm. Don’t worry i always follow the rules, i hate when people don’t. Anyways what i do is: I just stay on top for 5 seconds to cast my 2 wells on the ground from afar and then walk down and jump. I do this to tag without dieying instantly. Suddenly i get this toxic bashing away at me and then blocking me. He calls me kid etc…. Kid? I’m 26 years old….. All for no reason. People like this should be banned without question. Ruining the community + game experience.

Just look at the chat in the screenshot. Ridiculous.

I know nothing can be done here. Just want to expose another toxic.

Cheers for taking the time to read!:)

(edited by Blackwolfmetal.3640)

Toxic players

Posted by: Miss Lana Too.5794

Miss Lana Too.5794

No matter where you go you’ll always have idiots like this. Don’t let them get to you. Just block them and move on instead of giving them fame by posting their name all over the forums.

45 characters, 20 level 80s, 11 impersonal story completions and counting.

Toxic players

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

The only thing likely to happen is an infraction for breaking Forum Rules.

You might consider editing or removing the screenshot.

Good luck.

Toxic players

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Honestly, apart from calling you a kid, i dont see anything toxic, just reminding you of the rules of the map.

You also dont provide any evidence that you didnt break any rules.

As you seem to have missed to read the forum rules, for example that naming and shaming is not allowed, or simply ingnored them anyways, I am more likely to believe that you DID break the rules of the farm map.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Toxic players

Posted by: Zaron.1987

Zaron.1987

Name calling is not allowed here

Toxic players

Blackwolfmetal.3640

I wish i could have evidence of not breaking map rules. But how is that possible? I isn’t. And if name calling is not allowed, how will toxic players but identified…. ?They wouldn’kittens time to step up against these kind of mean people.

Toxic players

Blackwolfmetal.3640

Honestly, apart from calling you a kid, i dont see anything toxic, just reminding you of the rules of the map.

You also dont provide any evidence that you didnt break any rules.

As you seem to have missed to read the forum rules, for example that naming and shaming is not allowed, or simply ingnored them anyways, I am more likely to believe that you DID break the rules of the farm map.

If there is a way let me know. But there isn’t.

Toxic players

Posted by: Miss Lana Too.5794

Miss Lana Too.5794

I wish i could have evidence of not breaking map rules. But how is that possible? I isn’t. And if name calling is not allowed, how will toxic players but identified…. ?They wouldn’kittens time to step up against these kind of mean people.

They don’t. But as long as you leave this up allowing people to see the name it has every chance that it will be taken down.

IMO it’s kind of a stupid rule – as who wouldn’t want to block “toxic” people (I hate that term), but as it is a rule of the forum you either abide by it or have your posts removed,

45 characters, 20 level 80s, 11 impersonal story completions and counting.

Toxic players

Blackwolfmetal.3640

There took the screenshot away then. Its makes no sense tough that you cannot identify people like this.

Toxic players

Posted by: Oxidia.8103

Oxidia.8103

He calls me kid etc…. Kid? I’m 26 years old…..

This is pvp in all its glory right here.

Toxic players

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

It’s PvP. At least people weren’t trying to fool you into logging out of the battleground for being undergeared like in some other game. Badges are obtained through participation so you gotta start somewhere. One of the reasons I quit that game.

PvP is the fairest content for obvious reasons despite some major imbalances (use one of the OP classes to balance things then instead of being a drag on your team) but “toxic” attitudes are everywhere in this medium.

Toxic players

Posted by: FairyTael.2038

FairyTael.2038

That fact that you are that upset over being called a kid only points to you being immature. Making the kid insult all the more apt.

Rule #1 of Online Gaming, don’t let anything anyone says get to you, just remember its a game.

Seriously, if someone insults you just block them and move on with your life, if it really bothers you that much let your close friends know to block them too.

The last thing you need to be doing is jumping onto an online forum to complain that someone hurt your feelings.

Naming is wrong because it can easily be abused by people to harm or hurt anyone without reason or fault.

Toxic players

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

I’m mature for my age.

Toxic players

Posted by: Teennine.3901

Teennine.3901

People in PvP can get very nasty.

I won a match against a guy once and he started spamming me in whispers and in-game mail telling me to kill myself until I blocked him and reported him. And I get nasty whispers all the time in PvP because I won or lost a match, or I did or didn’t do something right.

In general I think GW2 has a fantastic community, but like all games with PvP, when people get competitive they get nasty. Try not to let it get to you.

Toxic players

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

You say you stay on top, cast 2 wells then walk down and jump.

Stay on top where? Walk down and jump from where to where?
Which two wells?
Did you give the other people time to tag you also? Did you run through the other people?

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Toxic players

Posted by: Eileane.3845

Eileane.3845

Thats the problem already… I guess he goes on the platform OVER B (correct me if I’m wrong), and that is something most people (including me) do not go around kindly with (I don’t use the chat, just come over, kick your tushi and give you a finisher).

If I play a Ele or Necro I do my stuff down where everybody else is… and not somewhere undisturbed.

Sry bud, but if thats the situation I understand the reaction you got. Often Ranged characters also stay up there and continue spamming till they finally get beaten up. Thats where all this aggression comes from.

Boxie Togg (main)… probably Tyrias only Asuran Mesmer that ultimately fails at jumping puzzles
Stinky McLane… the only Necro known to have a toothpaste fetish
Lefty (give me a second) Fiddlesticks… one Engineer, two clumbsy hands…

(edited by Eileane.3845)

Toxic players

Posted by: paintpixie.7398

paintpixie.7398

I disagree that people should be banned for being…“toxic” as you say. “Toxic” is a matter of perception. I’m sure this person would say that you were toxic, too. So long as they aren’t using language that is prohibited, or violating the terms of use, they have the right to vent their frustrations at you. You also have the ability to block them.

By coming here and complaining about what seems to be a pretty mild disagreement, you are actually helping this person’s case in calling you a kid.

It works both ways, in my opinion. People should try to be nice to each other, generally. But when they’re not (and everybody has bad days), people should also be less quick to get offended, and let things like that roll off their shoulders. It shouldn’t be a bannable offense to call somebody a “kid”. That’s what the block feature is for. You obviously upset them too if they blocked you, as you said that they did. Should you be banned too?

Toxic players

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Thats the problem already… I guess he goes on the platform OVER B (correct me if I’m wrong), and that is something most people (including me) do not go around kindly with (I don’t use the chat, just come over, kick your tushi and give you a finisher).

If I play a Ele or Necro I do my stuff down where everybody else is… and not somewhere undisturbed.

Sry bud, but if thats the situation I understand the reaction you got. Often Ranged characters also stay up there and continue spamming till they finally get beaten up. Thats where all this aggression comes from.

Yah. That sounded like what he was doing. Standing on top above B, throwing down a couple of wells then running over to the ledge and jumping off without giving the other people he tagged a chance to tag in return. That’s breaking the map’s rules. As well as it being annoying having people tagging you from the safety of above where you can’t easily tag them.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Toxic players

Posted by: Never.8147

Never.8147

Callout threads are illegal in all 50 states.

Heemi – Asura Necromancer

Toxic players

Posted by: GummiBear.2756

GummiBear.2756

There took the screenshot away then. Its makes no sense tough that you cannot identify people like this.

The rule makes LOTS of sense, and exist in 99% of online games forums, for the one reason, that allowing naming and shaming will result in likely 75%+ of the naming and shaming to not have a proper reason behind it