Toypocalypse 2015-Pre-Made Groups?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

Last year we couldn’t go in Toypocalypse with a pre-made group due to a bug. Will it be fixed this year?

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

Last year we couldn’t go in Toypocalypse with a pre-made group due to a bug. Will it be fixed this year?

Hope springs eternal, eh? I am not holding my breath, especially after they simply removed Lunatic Inquisition entirely.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Iason Evan.3806

Any info on this at all? Please? Would be really nice to hear back from you guys about this one way or another! Thanks!

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

With how it’s set up, I don’t see this happening. Fortunately, it can easily be done solo.

Iason Evan.3806

With how it’s set up, I don’t see this happening. Fortunately, it can easily be done solo.

I get that it can be done solo. This isn’t about beating it though. It’s about a group of friends that really enjoy playing this content together. It’s a good evening for pals on TS playing tower defense and cracking jokes.

They apologized that they messed it up last year and I was hoping that apology was going to lead to them fixing it. If it isn’t going to get fixed, that’s fine. It would be nice to know though. Last year they said everything was going to be exactly the same as 2013 and sadly, that just wasn’t the case.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I get that it can be done solo. This isn’t about beating it though. It’s about a group of friends that really enjoy playing this content together. It’s a good evening for pals on TS playing tower defense and cracking jokes.

They apologized that they messed it up last year and I was hoping that apology was going to lead to them fixing it. If it isn’t going to get fixed, that’s fine. It would be nice to know though. Last year they said everything was going to be exactly the same as 2013 and sadly, that just wasn’t the case.

Oh? I thought it was intentional last year.

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

Oh? I thought it was intentional last year.

They disabled it because it caused some problems in pvp.

Iason Evan.3806

Any information about this would be absolutely appreciated!

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I’d love to have this ability back. It was a real kick in the teeth last year when my guildies and I wanted to do it together.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Iason Evan.3806

Hey again! Any word on what is up for this for this year’s event? A heads up would be grand! Thanks!

Iason Evan.3806

Any news yet? Any information would be great! At this point, I’d settle for a, “With the new PvP system, we just couldn’t swing it. Sorry.”

Posted by: gou.2197

gou.2197

i expect the priority is introducing a bug that prevents exp going toward masteries

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

i expect the priority is introducing a bug that prevents exp going toward masteries

You know, that would be funny, but.. yeah.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Posted by: Varkros.4158

Varkros.4158

It’ll probably somehow increase or decrease pvp ranks for league if they make it group again. Would be nice if it was groupable again though. I skipped it last time around cause who wants to run stuff with random people; Guild Wars or Pug Wars?

Posted by: Lunacy Solacio.6514

Lunacy Solacio.6514

That wasn’t a bug… That was basically intended and they stated as much, because they set it up like the activities. They also said it would not be changed for last year, and I have no expectation of it being changed for this year. If it isn’t changed though, I won’t do it even once. If it is, might be able to a few times before everyone is away from game due to holidays.

Iason Evan.3806

Any news on this before the event starts so we know what to expect? I really feel it’s a reasonable request. The information I’d like to know is simple:

Will we be able to do Toypocalypse with a pre-made group this year or is it still broken like last year’s event"

^ This touches on something else that is totally relevant right now: Communication. If you tell us whether or not grouping up for this event will be available, that’s good communication. It’s not spoiling anything and it let’s us know if we should be looking forward to doing this with guildies like we have in year’s past.

Heck, even if you don’t know if it will work or not, you can just pop in here and say you don’t have a definitive answer at this time. That’s good communication too. I have asked nicely and often about this for over two weeks and have gotten zero communication whatsoever and it’s super frustrating.

Iason Evan.3806

Any update on this at all or just wait til it’s out and try and go in with a group?

Posted by: Sinbold.8723

Sinbold.8723

I REALLY hope we can make our own parties for it this season.

Posted by: Supernaut.2684

Supernaut.2684

They disabled it because it caused some problems in pvp.

/thread

We have a winner, folks!

Posted by: Zet.9130

Zet.9130

Iason you are assuming that someone is reading this forum. Some overworked forums mod is quickly scanning content reports that seek flagged words. Odds are they only review topics w/ more than 5-8 responses. I may be wrong – but why read/review/study the forum and then respond so infrequently.

Now that I think about it I can answer my own question; because there are so many jackholes here that would rant/demand/insult making any true communication difficult at best. Remember Gaile’s visits to GW1, made me embarrassed to be human.

Hey, I agree with many of the issues brought up here, but I couldn’t stand reading every long winded bore going on and on about topic X. I hope you get yr notification it seems pretty important to you. GL

Posted by: flarezi.9381

flarezi.9381

Dear Anet (santa), Please please let we have our Christmas Miracle – make it possible to enter Toypocalypse with party. I just wanna play with my friends. This is what has been on my wishlist every winter, let it happen.

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

Bugfixes can’t be sold for gems (yet), so don’t get your hopes up.

Posted by: Soa Cirri.6012

Soa Cirri.6012

I was hoping that apology was going to lead to them fixing it.

Hi. You must be new here.

Iason Evan.3806

Any update on this? Anything at all one way or another would be awesome! Thanks!

Iason Evan.3806

I didn’t get to watch the livestream today, was there any info on whether or not we could do this as a group? Anyone? Thanks in advance for any info I missed!

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I didn’t bother watching the livestream either, but Dulfy’s stream notes don’t really mention Toypocolypse at all (though I imagine its included in the “returning ect.” category). So I’m guessing there wasn’t really mention of it at all.