Toypocalypse Suggestions for 2015

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

This isn’t a thread to discuss this year’s Toypocalypse. This isn’t a dev/player bashing thread. This is a place to suggest what we would like to see for next year’s Toypocalypse.

I for one would like to see the return of parties in Toypocalypse next year. I would like to see communication about it be better than this year’s version of communication. We were told that Wintersday this year was going to be exactly like last year. That simply just wasn’t the case.

I would like to see ArenaNet step up their efforts for holidays next year. In my opinion, this was the worst year for Festivals in the history of Tyria(GW1 or GW2). It’s too bad, because even though it was a poor showing, ArenaNet’s festivals are still the best ones in all of gaming! You can’t rest on your laurels though. There wasn’t a dragon bash this year and that was disappointing.

TL;DR If you can fix Toypocalypse for next year, please do so! If you can’t, then I would like a new activity be designed so that parties have something fun to do again to replace what can’t be fixed

Leave your 2015 Toypocalypse suggestions below!

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Sicarine.3985

Sicarine.3985

Communication is number one for me. In the future I want to see changes announced in the patch notes. Also less locking of forum threads on the subject. The issue is not resolved. This is a discussion forum.

Frustration aside, you hit the nail on the head with party functionality. I don’t think there’s much else though. Maybe more weapon options?

Posted by: Toroxus.9256

Toroxus.9256

Besides parties, have a difficulty adjustment would be nice. It’s wayyy too easy for my BF and I to do just the two of us. But, sometimes we want more friends just to have fun, well, being able to adjust the difficulty would be ncie.

Posted by: John.5732

John.5732

Let us play it with our friends in our own instance, like in 2013.

Leader of the Kingdom of [Shu] Guild
Devona’s Rest

Posted by: Lazaar.9123

Lazaar.9123

Why not the middle ground of, you can play with a premade party, but if you go in the activity yourself, you get grouped with randoms?

Posted by: Filaha.1678

Filaha.1678

Besides parties, have a difficulty adjustment would be nice. It’s wayyy too easy for my BF and I to do just the two of us. But, sometimes we want more friends just to have fun, well, being able to adjust the difficulty would be ncie.

Difficulty adjustment: Only use weapons, no turrets. Only use turrets, no weapons. Don’t use catapults. Don’t use ballistae. Don’t use snowmen. Don’t use walls. Don’t use snow. Don’t use scrap.

So many options!

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

I am gonna go ahead and necro this thread as it seems really relevant. Last year’s Wintersday was a disappointment in that we couldn’t team-up with friends for Toypacalypse. This year’s Halloween was awesome in some parts but had issues with not being able to do core masteries in the holiday content. I would hate to see a repeat of last year’s mistakes. Please make it so we can run all the content with guildies or friends.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall