Toypocalypse dead?

Toypocalypse dead?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Crovax.7854

Crovax.7854

Hi guys,

Maybe it’s me but somehow Toypocalypse seems to be ‘not quite working’.
I’ve been playing since the beta but this is my first year trying this activity so I don’t really know what to expect but everytime I enter, it’s an instance in progress and nothing happens. No enemies spawn, but the timer still has 20 minutes on it so is this intended?

If the time between waves is around 10minutes, wouldn’t that be a bit long?

Toypocalypse dead?

Posted by: Toroxus.9256

Toroxus.9256

It’s broken and, according to Anet, will not be fixed this Wintersday. Please try again in 2015.

Toypocalypse dead?

Posted by: joshc.3129

joshc.3129

It’s broken and, according to Anet, will not be fixed this Wintersday. Please try again in 2015.

Where did you find Anet saying they won’t fix it? They aren’t going to add something that’s broken and walk away not fixing it.

Kill stuff to unlock weapons skills, most confusing thing I ever heard of. (sarcasm)

Toypocalypse dead?

Toroxus.9256

Where did you find Anet saying they won’t fix it? They aren’t going to add something that’s broken and walk away not fixing it.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Toypocalypse-and-Parties/first#post4629767

Sorry, get over it. That’s all I can tell you because that’s all they tell us.

But, I do have an alternative: If you want to do Wintersday-esque activities with your friends, do the Infinirarium over and over, or play a different game.

Toypocalypse dead?

Posted by: Castrin.8972

Castrin.8972

Ran it twice just now. It’s not broken but kind of spotty. Took three tries to find a map that would kick off.

Just a observation but it seems to depend on how many are in at start. Almost like its looking for five participants. Not sure though, could have just been coincidence.

Peace.

Grandmaster
Order of the Empyrean Shield [OES]

Toypocalypse dead?

Posted by: GoldenTruth.2853

GoldenTruth.2853

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Toypocalypse-and-Parties/first#post4629767

But, I do have an alternative: If you want to do Wintersday-esque activities with your friends, do the Infinirarium over and over, or play a different game.

You and the OP are talking about two different problems. He is talking about the non-intentional bug of joining a map which has already finished the mini-game.

Alara Vesmir – Guardian
Tyr Sylvison – Warrior
Illyiah – Revenant

Toypocalypse dead?

Posted by: zoejo.2317

zoejo.2317

Took me 30 min to find a map with ongoing events.
The problem wasn’t lack of player as much as the whole events were over. The 10 rounds had been done, players left and the instance was still up with people ending up in there anyway. You can see from the timer that the event had passed and had been successful, the instance just didn’t vanish and kept accepting players.

If you want to see this in action, just remain in your instance to witness the continuous flow of players coming in and back out immediately.

Toypocalypse dead?

Toroxus.9256

You and the OP are talking about two different problems. He is talking about the non-intentional bug of joining a map which has already finished the mini-game.

Both are which are problems with the instance-creating/grouping system.

What part of:

“It will stay in this state for the remainder of the season.”

Didn’t you understand?

Toypocalypse dead?

Posted by: Empanda.4617

Empanda.4617

That forum is about parties in toypocalypse not the actual game play of killing those adorable toy part. So no their not going to fix the fact you can’t get into the same group with your party, However they’ll probably try to fix the fact that it’s not activating. If they care enough….which they may or may not knowing anet.

Toypocalypse dead?

Toroxus.9256

That forum is about parties in toypocalypse not the actual game play of killing those adorable toy part. So no their not going to fix the fact you can’t get into the same group with your party, However they’ll probably try to fix the fact that it’s not activating. If they care enough….which they may or may not knowing anet.

What part of the following did you not understand?

according to the designers [the Toypocalypse] must remain in this state for this year’s release.

Toypocalypse dead?

Posted by: zoejo.2317

zoejo.2317

according to the designers [the Toypocalypse] must remain in this state for this year’s release.

Regarding the subject of that thread. That’s how discussions work. Don’t assume he’s talking about a different unrelated problem that they’ve shown interest in correcting.

Toypocalypse dead?

Toroxus.9256

Regarding the subject of that thread. That’s how discussions work. Don’t assume he’s talking about a different unrelated problem that they’ve shown interest in correcting.

Gaile, a female by the way, is referring to the entire Toypocalypse instance-creation/grouping system, which encompasses all the problems Toypocalypse is having.

Toypocalypse dead?

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

The question is when the dev posted that comment from the dev was the comment from the dev just about the party system or the entire system. We don’t know.

We don’t know if the devs were asked “Hey, can the party system be fixed for this year”

Or if they were asked: “Hey, there are some issues with Toypocalypse that we’ve encountered in testing. They are X, Y, and Z. Any chance on a fix this year?”

We don’t know the question asked and since the thread was specifically about the party system issue, I wouldn’t hold that statement to other glitches until someone says otherwise.

That being said, we’re just under a week away from Christmas and two weeks away from New Years. I wouldn’t hold your breath for a fix, but I wouldn’t be surprised if one did come out since the mentioned glitch in here is pretty bad.

Edit: I read the thread and I only got the feeling she was talking about how you could join with your party instead of split up. The current glitch may be a side effect of them reversing the change to stabilize the more permanent group activities (Activities and PvP). I don’t know.

(edited by Seera.5916)

Toypocalypse dead?

Posted by: RollingBob.8502

RollingBob.8502

This is the same problem southsun survival had for awhile. People were getting placed in instances where others were leaving and it never allowed the instance to reset.

When SS was doing this it seemed easier to work around during off-peak server hours, I don’t know how much the megaserver change affects this.

Toypocalypse dead?

Posted by: Krestfallen.8025

Krestfallen.8025

Since this thread is all over the place, I’ll go ahead and throw in my two cents:

I strongly recommend that you get online at whatever “prime time” for your server happens to be (usually around reset is a good bet, but it varies based on the location of the server’s bulk and/or average population), and get the Toypocalypse achievements done asap (and I mean, like, get them done today).

The view of wether or not a piece of content is “dead” will always be anecdotal, but I’m willing to bet that the dual frustrations of a blatant bug (finished maps not closing), and the… let’s call it questionable decision to roll back the ability to play as a party means that players are going to get what they need from Toypocalypse and then abandon it entirely.

All three of my guilds, as well as the majority of my friends, did exactly that last night (see? Anecdotal, lol!), and while it’s possible that the holiday dailies might drag us back in there, the stipulation that you only need five out of six possible festival dailies makes that fairly unlikely.

TL/DR:
1) Anet borked up toypocalypse in a way that upset a not insignificant number of people.
2) Anet’s response to this current state of affairs upset people even further.
3) Seeing how upset people are, it’s very likely that people will get their achievements and abandon Toypocalypse as quickly as they can.
4) You (and by “you” I mean everyone reading this, not just the OP) probably want to join the initial surge of Achievement hunters and also get them done asap, so you’re not stuck needing them later when practically no one will want to touch that hot mess of an event/activity.

This is, of course, just my own humble opinion based on what I’ve observed so far. You may of course feel free to heed it or disregard it as you see fit

Toypocalypse dead?

Posted by: Sicarine.3985

Sicarine.3985

Thanks Krestfallen, you’ve summed it up fantastically. if could give you a prize I would, and I do mean that.

Toypocalypse dead?

Posted by: Filaha.1678

Filaha.1678

Since this thread is all over the place, I’ll go ahead and throw in my two cents:

I strongly recommend that you get online at whatever “prime time” for your server happens to be (usually around reset is a good bet, but it varies based on the location of the server’s bulk and/or average population), and get the Toypocalypse achievements done asap (and I mean, like, get them done today).

The view of wether or not a piece of content is “dead” will always be anecdotal, but I’m willing to bet that the dual frustrations of a blatant bug (finished maps not closing), and the… let’s call it questionable decision to roll back the ability to play as a party means that players are going to get what they need from Toypocalypse and then abandon it entirely.

All three of my guilds, as well as the majority of my friends, did exactly that last night (see? Anecdotal, lol!), and while it’s possible that the holiday dailies might drag us back in there, the stipulation that you only need five out of six possible festival dailies makes that fairly unlikely.

TL/DR:
1) Anet borked up toypocalypse in a way that upset a not insignificant number of people.
2) Anet’s response to this current state of affairs upset people even further.
3) Seeing how upset people are, it’s very likely that people will get their achievements and abandon Toypocalypse as quickly as they can.
4) You (and by “you” I mean everyone reading this, not just the OP) probably want to join the initial surge of Achievement hunters and also get them done asap, so you’re not stuck needing them later when practically no one will want to touch that hot mess of an event/activity.

This is, of course, just my own humble opinion based on what I’ve observed so far. You may of course feel free to heed it or disregard it as you see fit

On the other hand, if nobody’s doing it, there’s a better chance that you could end up with your friends.

Toypocalypse dead?

Crovax.7854

Gaile, a female by the way, is referring to the entire Toypocalypse instance-creation/grouping system, which encompasses all the problems Toypocalypse is having.

Thanks for all the info. Gaile is male though.
I agree with Filaha; no need to rush. If less people do it, the cahnces of creating a new instance is higher and you only need 5 people. I guess in all of EU/US there will be at least 5 people at all times who want to do the activity.

(edited by Crovax.7854)

Toypocalypse dead?

Posted by: niea.7504

niea.7504

Thanks for all the info. Gaile is male though.

When did that change?

Toypocalypse dead?

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

The Burninator

Toypocalypse dead?

Crovax.7854

That’s so strange. I could swear I read that somewhere. Guess it’s not a good idea to believe everything the internet says :/