Tradable Tomes of Knowledge

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Shinnetami.7041

Shinnetami.7041

Well, the name of the topic is saying it all, but I would like to specify. I have about 90+ Tomes in my bank now and about 3k+ spirit shards. I actually would like to suggest to trade those useless books for something interesting. Like mb trade a stack(250) of them for a black lion key(sweet dreams) or maybe for some amount of laurels which seem more usefull.
Sorry for bad english.

Posted by: Rayden.3695

Rayden.3695

All of us who have stacks upon stacks of tomes wish for this, or something similar(250 for a BL key? sign me up!) but I don’t think the amount of players who have hoarded them is that high to make Anet consider giving us something for them, sadly :/

Shinnetami.7041

Maybe if lots of players sign up then Anet will address that request. I mean, everybody who is playing long enough understand the problem. And pvp players know even more…

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Maybe if lots of players sign up then Anet will address that request. I mean, everybody who is playing long enough understand the problem. And pvp players know even more…

I don’t think it’s as simple as that.

I’ve been playing since day 1 of the headstart weekend and I never seem to have enough Tomes. I’d like to keep at least 80 (so I can instantly level a character if I want to) but I can’t remember the last time I had more than 50 in the bank.

It’s more to do with what you do when you’re in-game. For example PvP players get a lot of Tomes (aimed at people who only play PvP, so they can still level up their characters if they want to) and I assume many people who primarily play PvP aren’t interested in having multiple level 80 characters.

Whereas someone like me who mainly plays PvE and frequently makes temporary characters won’t get as many tomes and will use up a lot of them.

I actually got really excited when I saw the topic title because I thought it was about trading Tomes to other players. I’d love to be able to buy someone else’s ‘useless’ extras.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Gendou.9620

Gendou.9620

Beating a dead horse here, topic has been brought up already multiple times in multiple threads, probably gonna get closed

Shinnetami.7041

Even if they just do those books available to trade to others or sell it wouold be much better than what we have now.
And yes, maybe it is useless to create that kind of topic, but it bothers me so much I couldn’t stand.

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

Well, the name of the topic is saying it all, but I would like to specify. I have about 90+ Tomes in my bank now and about 3k+ spirit shards. I actually would like to suggest to trade those useless books for something interesting. Like mb trade a stack(250) of them for a black lion key(sweet dreams) or maybe for some amount of laurels which seem more usefull.
Sorry for bad english.

You would trade 250 tomes for a BLTC key?

Why not make a new char, use 80 of them to get him to level 80 and then do the personal story? Doing that will get you 3 keys and should only take a couple of days. Also if you have HOT you can get another key from that story which will take you another 2 days. You will also get more than just the keys obviously, all those quest chests etc.

Sooo, think about it.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Posted by: Zeivu.3615

Zeivu.3615

Making them tradable might cheapen the level up process for new accounts. I don’t mind exchanging them with an NPC however.