Trade PoF lvl-80 boost for equivalent gems?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Captain Superbacon.1954

Captain Superbacon.1954

The new expansion comes with a free level 80 boost in every edition. This makes sense for new players who want to get into the action right away, and was useful for older players last time because of the new class. However, this expansion does not add a new class (which I’m ok with, not complaining about it).

However, I already have a level 80 character of every class (and a few mid-level alternates). I really don’t have a use for the boost without a new class to use it on. Therefore, I was wondering if it would be possible to exchange the boost for an equivalent amount of gems. The boost available on the gem store right now costs 2000 gems, which is $25 worth of gems. That’s no small amount. Honestly I’d be happy with less than that, considering that would make the standard version of the expansion worth $5. At least I’d be able to use the gems for something I wanted instead.

Posted by: Kronos.2560

Kronos.2560

I highly doubt they will every give gems for this. But I would be all for trading mine away for just about anything.

Captain Superbacon.1954

I’m not even asking that they give us the full value of it. Hell, I’d take 5-10 gold or something. Anything I can actually use.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

I’m not even asking that they give us the full value of it. Hell, I’d take 5-10 gold or something. Anything I can actually use.

You can use it on a L80 and you will at least get something. Along with the L80 gear that comes with the boost you will also get the boost package which contains 2 gold, and some other stuff that may or may not be useful to you.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Level-80_Boost#Permanent_Consumption

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Level-80_Boost_Package

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

Captain Superbacon.1954

You can use it on a L80 and you will at least get something. Along with the L80 gear that comes with the boost you will also get the boost package which contains 2 gold, and some other stuff that may or may not be useful to you.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Level-80_Boost#Permanent_Consumption

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Level-80_Boost_Package

I know it comes with a little more than just the level, but that’s hardly an equal value proposition considering how much it costs on its own. I guess I’m looking for a little bit more than that for something that costs as much as a precursor.

I already have all of the dyes I want, I’ve got more food than I could ever use after maxing the cooking craft, etc.

Posted by: Rhanoa.3960

Rhanoa.3960

With HOT, the outrage was over extra Character Slot.
Folks got enough chocolate and now they would rather have vanilla instead.

MMORPG’s are not easy, you’re just too PRO!!!

Captain Superbacon.1954

Well you did say you’d take 5-10 gold or anything you can use. Maybe a but less than 5 gold but also things that can be used as well like teleports to friends that might be useful in the new maps, and a celebration booster that could be used leveling the new masteries.. But now I see it appears you really meant more than that as you are back to talking about equal value. Well good luck either way I guess.

I guess it would be more accurate to say I’d like to have something but I’d prefer a bit more than that. I’m not even mad about it or anything; it’d just be nice to have an option to get some gems or something instead for the same price, like as a expansion buying option.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

I’ve never seen a game developer offer a free add-on to a product and then offer an exchange for something someone might value more. Doing so would put them on a slippery slope. Were they to offer an exchange for the boost, we’d see people claiming that they want to exchange the Identity Repair Kit, Spearmarshal’s Presence, or the riverboat pass for something else. Guaranteed.

I guess it doesn’t hurt to ask, but I very much doubt you’ll get anywhere.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I believe it is supposed to be more like a ‘free extra’. It was stated that otherwise the expansion would only be worth $5 or $10 dollars.

Thus, as a free extra, it has no real Gem worth.

Regardless of how one looks at the L80 Boost (and accompanying Shared Inventory Slot), it is very doubtful the CS Team or ArenaNet as a whole will compensate (other than giving the free Shared Inventory Slot) those that do not wish to use it.

Good luck.

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

Well you do get 3 black lion keys playing through the story and a karma booster you cant get any other way anymore.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Just use it on an existing character, delete the gear, and keep the shared inventory slot. that’s what I did with HoT, because I already had my revenant by the time I was ready to use it.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”