Trading Post

Trading Post

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: eathan.6207

eathan.6207

I’m really confused. I just returned to Guild Wars 2 after not playing for 2 months or so.. And this new player experience is really confusing me.
I decided to buy a whole bunch of armor since mine was getting a bit weak for my level. I’ve purchased every piece I want but it says that the trade has to be accepted from the seller? I think that’s terrible, what if that seller doesn’t come online for a month or a year? When I buy things from the trading post, I want them n.o.w. If something is put on the trading post, it is because the seller wants to sell it, they shouldn’t have to confirm people’s purchases, I think this is ridiculous.
Is there any way to disable that feature? I really don’t know if I can keep playing the game if all these previously well working features are going to be made so complicated. It’s ruining the fun of the game.

Trading Post

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

I’m really confused. I just returned to Guild Wars 2 after not playing for 2 months or so.. And this new player experience is really confusing me.
I decided to buy a whole bunch of armor since mine was getting a bit weak for my level. I’ve purchased every piece I want but it says that the trade has to be accepted from the seller? I think that’s terrible, what if that seller doesn’t come online for a month or a year? When I buy things from the trading post, I want them n.o.w. If something is put on the trading post, it is because the seller wants to sell it, they shouldn’t have to confirm people’s purchases, I think this is ridiculous.
Is there any way to disable that feature? I really don’t know if I can keep playing the game if all these previously well working features are going to be made so complicated. It’s ruining the fun of the game.

You don’t have to meet up with the seller haha. Just go to a trading post guy and you can pick it up. It’s just like it was before.

Trading Post

Posted by: steveway.3167

steveway.3167

I think you may have inadvertantly made an offer instead of purchasing at a preset price. When you tried to make a purchase you may have not realized that the option was set to buy price instead of lowest sell price. Did you click a “buy instantly” button or a “make offer” button? Did you notice? This was the same feature in the old tp but it defaulted to buy instantly. In the new TP it has been defaulting to make offer instead. I believe its a bug though.

Trading Post

Posted by: eathan.6207

eathan.6207

All I did was click the item I wanted and then clicked the purchase button, I didn’t select anything that would have made it an offer.

Trading Post

Posted by: Curtis Johnson

Curtis Johnson

There’s a bug where the default is to put in a low buy order instead of buying one of the currently available ones. We’re working on that (and this is why).

Your pending purchases are listed in ‘my transactions’.. you’re not waiting for a specific seller.. You’re waiting for any seller who likes your price. Instant purchases are a higher cost.

If you want your item immediately you can cancel your order from the ‘My Transactions’ page. Collect your funds again. and return to the buy page. This time click on one of the current sellers before hitting buy. (sorry for the temporary extra step)

Trading Post

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

All I did was click the item I wanted and then clicked the purchase button, I didn’t select anything that would have made it an offer.

I have noticed it defaults to the lowest offer and not the lowest seller.

EDIT: Just noticed Devs caught it was typing my reply while Devs posted. -LOL

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

(edited by Im Mudbone.1437)

Trading Post

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

I can understand your frustration. My wife had the same problem. Good to know they are fixing this so this confusion does not happen in the future. The obvious warning that your coin is held until a seller agrees is not vary obvious.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/bltc/PROs-and-CONs-New-Trading-Post/page/2#post4401302

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

Trading Post

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

I prefer having the default being an buy offer just as I preferred the default sell being a listing b4 they reverted it. With the market being as large as it is they get filled promptly. Why would we want to short change ourselves?

Serenity now~Insanity later

Trading Post

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

I prefer having the default being an buy offer just as I preferred the default sell being a listing b4 they reverted it. With the market being as large as it is they get filled promptly. Why would we want to short change ourselves?

If a perfect world this would be the case. However due to it being a fast moving market it causes some confusion with some players.

I could see when selling put a sell order and when buying buy from highest sell order. I think people are willing to wait for the highest price to sell a item but are not willing to wait to get a item.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

Trading Post

Posted by: Bruiser.4189

Bruiser.4189

Would it be possible to remove the confirmation when canceling a buy order? Under the old TP it was so easy to cancel a mass amount of buy orders when someone overbids you in order to get your funds back to go and overbid them. Now it takes double the amounting of clicking to raise a buy order price.