Trading Post Armors

Trading Post Armors

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Kyvrn.4209

Kyvrn.4209

Ok so I noticed that you can search for armor based off category, but only rarity, piece, and level. Why can’t you search for a type of armor? Like have an option to only search for Light, Medium, or Heavy armor? Would make it a lot easier to buy stuff.

Kyvrn | Dom Chrono | Leader of Twinrovas [ROVA]

Trading Post Armors

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: PetricaKerempuh.7958

PetricaKerempuh.7958

hahaha. this is as old as game…

Trading Post Armors

in Black Lion Trading Co

Kyvrn.4209

hahaha. this is as old as game…

Not sure what that means.

Trading Post Armors

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

this function already been asked since day one of the game. Therefor tgis request is as old as the game.

Trading Post Armors

in Black Lion Trading Co

Kyvrn.4209

Well that makes me sadface.

Trading Post Armors

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

Well that makes me sadface.

Indeed. The trading post has made many a player don a sadface for a very long time.

Players have begged for a total overhaul that offers the stable, bug free and user friendly interface that is still long overdue as we’ve had to deal with a broken, buggy and clunky one for far too long. Many of us hope it is high on ANet’s list of priorities as it is very high on many of ours.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

Trading Post Armors

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

See, this is why no one takes you seriously StinVec. Not having a search feature by armor weight does NOT make the Trading Post broken, buggy or clunky – millions of transactions are conducted daily smoothly.

Trading Post Armors

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

See, this is why no one takes you seriously StinVec. Not having a search feature by armor weight does NOT make the Trading Post broken, buggy or clunky – millions of transactions are conducted daily smoothly.

I’m sorry, who are you talking about? Nobody takes me seriously? I spend most of my time offering suggestions and helping people solve technical problems. You are the only person I have ever come across in my history on these forums stating something negative about me or about not taking me seriously.
Do you have a personal problem with me for some reason?

I treat your response as a personal attack and inappropriate and will report it as such.

Also, I never stated that one missing feature caused the TP to be broken, buggy or clunky. The TP is broken, buggy and clunky because of many other aspects of its temporary/beta design.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

(edited by StinVec.3621)

Trading Post Armors

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

Over 1,000,000,000+ transactions were conducted in the first year alone.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/guild-wars-2-the-first-year/

You must consider it’s a world wide Trading Post, not some little tinkertoy one server Auction House that you need addons to run like other games.

Trading Post Armors

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Having people use something, since there’s no alternative, doesn’t invalidate the fact that the TP is “broken, buggy and clunky”.

Clunky – There isn’t an easy way to check on the current high bid order on items you have a bid in for. It takes three or four clicks on each item. Then there are the missing sort options. Ever try to list Sigil on the TP by selecting Upgrade/Weapon? Do you get sigils? I don’t. How about back items?

Buggy – Every right click to “sell on tp” from your inventory and you don’t get the sell screen for that item? I do, often enough to be annoying during my end of session sell off of loot. And when it happens even clicking on the item on the TP screen doesn’t bring up the sell screen the 1st time.

Broken – The shear number of times players post here, the Tech section or even the account section that the TP doesn’t come up at all. A fair chunk is fixed if they delete the game’s browser cache but why isn’t that part of the startup or shutdown of the game? I’m sure StinVec doesn’t mind me tossing a link to his “Things to try to fix your TP problem on the PC” post but this has been around forever. Mac version has it’s own problem but if the TP interface is such an integral part of the game then why isn’t this “easy” fix been done yet? And lets not talk about the failures when buying Gems with cash. I understand it could be a security problem/bank problem but it is the only way to buy gems with cash short of buying a gem card. There is no outside of the game way to buy gems for your account, unlike just about every other MMO out there.

This isn’t even asking for armor weights or profession filters, this is about stuff in the game since the beginning that simply working right on the TP. Of course there’s been billions of trades on the TP. Doesn’t mean it’s a paragon of functionality but it’s not 5 9s, not even 2 9s IMO. But it works well enough so why “fix” it for those oversights?

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes