Trading Post Exploit?

Trading Post Exploit?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: gegula.8249

gegula.8249

People are able to bid lower than minimal price ,and i was ok with until i recently (today) figured out that if they bid 1,09 , they get to instantly buy item i list to sell for 1.28(works for higher value aswel), as in they pay 1,09s and get the item , i get 1.15s , i think that is NOT okay , so can you please, ban all those who bid under bare minimum….there’s lots on EVERY item , this has been going on for far too long .
To test out example is any rune that has no current bids of 1,28 , take Major Rune Of Pack , list it on auction for 1,28 it will get instant sold to the guy who bid 1,09 , they can exploit xxxxxxxxxxx amounts of gold with the method, i researched on the webs and there is quite a few forums with hints on how to do so, some sts requests and what not,cause apparently and i quote “had a quick look into it. it looks like arenanet is actually allowing us to query a web auction house using a simple session cookie”.
Please do something , concerned player.

Trading Post Exploit?

Posted by: Sexy.9563

Sexy.9563

Tested it, and i get 1s 15, this needs to be fixed ASAP, to think for how long people were exploiting this, it is infuriating, ban all of these cheaters.

Trading Post Exploit?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You are not to post exploits on the forums. Use the address listed on the front page, exploits@arena.net to send information.

Trading Post Exploit?

Posted by: gegula.8249

gegula.8249

I didn’t post exploit, i posted what are they doing , i don’t know how nor i want to know how , i just want this to be dealt with.

Trading Post Exploit?

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

Hi,

First of all, I want to explain that our moderators removed this thread to allow me to review it. We don’t want any exploit reports on the forums, to prevent their abuse and the subsequent negative impact on players if they are found to be true.

As to this report…

Thanks for reporting your concerns. Several of the developers have been taking a look at this, and here’s some info for you. Forgive me if you know some of this, but for thoroughness I’m going to make several points here:

1. We do offer an API for the Trading Post, so there’s nothing to worry about related to Web access to TP information. Find details about the API here: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/API:Main.
  2. The Trading Post has Buy and Sell Orders. While you may be seeing a Buy Order for 1.09 for the Major Rune of the Pack that you mentioned, logs show that no one is acquiring it for less than the lowest selling price of 1.28.
  3. Beyond the logs, in actual testing we confirmed that we cannot purchase a Major Rune of the Pack for 1.09, because that is under the lowest Sale Order.
  4. The TP has been up for several years now, and at one point buyers were allowed to put up Buy Orders below the minimum price. We cleared many of the “below minimum” orders some months ago, but you may still see some in the interface even now. However, if I’m understanding the devs correctly, the fact that there are, essentially, “low bids” does not result in anyone obtaining the item at a cost below the lowest Sale Order.
  5. As far as sales and income, the reason that a seller would receive less than 1.28 (you cited 1.15) for an item transaction that had a Sell Order of 1.28 is because there is a modest “fee” for each transaction. (I mean, we have to pay Evon Gnashblade, right? ) But again, players are paying the lowest available Sell Order price, and are not getting items for less than that.

Now, if with the details above you believe that there is an issue, it would be super helpful if you could share some information with us to allow us to look into this thoroughly. Can you replicate the experience of buying lower than the lowest Sale Order? If so, please submit a ticket to Customer Support (click “Support” at the top of this page, then “Submit a ticket” to do so) and include: the date, time, time zone, item purchased, and your user information. CS will relay this information to the dev team and they then can take a peek at the records and see what’s up.

Thanks again.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Trading Post Exploit?

Posted by: kamedin.4698

kamedin.4698

I can see why people would post them here, so Anet would actually do something about them. Same for players hacking, if you report in game/support nothing happens, but if you report on the forums, action happens whether its the kind you want or not.

Lyscir – Main Engi
[????] – HoD

Trading Post Exploit?

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

I can see why people would post them here, so Anet would actually do something about them. Same for players hacking, if you report in game/support nothing happens, but if you report on the forums, action happens whether its the kind you want or not.

The only “action” that happened here was Gaile had to take time out of her day – and had to drag in ArenaNet engineers – in order to investigate a spurious claim.

Trading Post Exploit?

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

The only “action” that happened here was Gaile had to take time out of her day – and had to drag in ArenaNet engineers – in order to investigate a spurious claim.

People debunked the claim both here & on reddit. The OP (and a few others) currently choose to believe what they believe despite evidence to the contrary

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Trading Post Exploit?

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

You are mistaken in what you claim. Exploits sent to Exploits@Arena.Net — the proper place to report potential or possible exploits — are reviewed immediately by a team of members who investigate the validity of the claim. Cheaters and exploiters reported through the in-game mechanism (choosing “Botting” as the reason) are investigated. The fact that action is not taken on a particular player does not point to INaction on the part of the team, but to a discovery that what was reported was not cheating or exploiting.

There’s a second way to notify us if there’s an issue, and that’s through a report to Support by clicking the word “Support” at the top of this page, then “Submit a ticket” to provide the details. Reviews are made. Action is taken. But only when it’s the appropriate, reasoned action. Posting a possible exploit on the forums could — if it were actually an exploit — be damaging to players, to the game economy. No one wants that, and there are other means to contact us that work better, faster, and more safely.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)

Trading Post Exploit?

Previous

Gaile Gray

People debunked the claim both here & on reddit. The OP (and a few others) currently choose to believe what they believe despite evidence to the contrary

I haven’t seen anything further from the OP or anyone else on this subject, but everyone can rest assured we’re not going to turn a blind eye to any report. I invite the player or players who are concerned about this — again — to submit the details to our team so that we can look at the actual, detailed, incontrovertible game logs to investigate this claim.

I was engaged in a detailed and lengthy conversation on this matter with at least 3 different devs, and I know they did a full investigation of this matter that showed this was a mistaken perception on the part of the players, not an exploit. But with dates, times, player name, and specific items, the team will look further. Sadly, they have not been given that opportunity.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Trading Post Exploit?

Posted by: Vesuvius.9874

Vesuvius.9874

This is starting to look like a case of misunderstanding and jumping the gun on the OP’s part. If the devs have taken a preliminary look at the issue and have found no glaring issues, chances are it isn’t an issue at all. I would consider this case closed at this point.