Trading Post Mass Sell

Trading Post Mass Sell

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: ElectricGoat.8253

ElectricGoat.8253

I wish we could have a feature for the trading post, perhaps the feature could be for sale on the gem store.

1.You click the item to initiate selection of items
2. Then you select the items to mass sell on the trading post.
3. A confirmation box comes up showing you all the items that are sellable, and the prices.
4. They should all sell at the instant sell price.
5. Collect profit

Most of the time I just dump items into the Mystic Toilet, or mail them off to random newbies, or whatever bystander is close by.

I sure hope this topic is in the right location.

Trading Post Mass Sell

Posted by: DeShadowWolf.6854

DeShadowWolf.6854

No. Right now, if you try to sell more than a few items in a short time frame, you get an error message saying that you’ve sold too many things recently. John Smith, the economist at Anet has states that this is a technical limitation. So I imagine this idea is even further out there than just removing that cap (which they won’t).

Trading Post Mass Sell

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

So I imagine this idea is even further out there than just removing that cap (which they won’t).

ArenaNet would never implement mass selling simply because it’s not required. The selling limitations are really not a problem, since the items can simply be queued for sale on the client side. If ArenaNet said it was okay to mod the trading post, I guarantee you this feature would be available.

Trading Post Mass Sell

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

It’s a great idea for power traders — they’d make a fortune on the vast increase in the number of people selling off their inventories for the lowest possible prices. It’s a terrible idea for the average consumer, since it creates an incentive to insta-sell.

Of course, all of us would like to simplify loot management and spend less time on it. But let’s be careful assuming that faster is better.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Trading Post Mass Sell

Posted by: Game of Bones.8975

Game of Bones.8975

TP is supposed to mirror a real economy; supply and demand regulates the prices of materials and value Gems are worth.

I would like to see a “Historical Price” tab so people could see the trends in item prices. If the price is trending down, hold; if the price is trending upward, sell (or hold for a couple more days).

Right now there is a formula they follow (I guess), but for players who are trying to make money to buy the latest whatchamacallit it’s all hit and miss right now.

Trading Post Mass Sell

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I would like to see a “Historical Price” tab so people could see the trends in item prices. If the price is trending down, hold; if the price is trending upward, sell (or hold for a couple more days).

This is available now via 3rd party sites (those are accessible via the wiki, too). That’s not as good as being in game, but then, I’m okay with the TP interface being less of a priority than other aspects of the game.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Trading Post Mass Sell

Posted by: ElectricGoat.8253

ElectricGoat.8253

Yes, queue all the marked items in the inventory for sale. Then sell them off as slots appear.