Trading Post Spikes

Trading Post Spikes

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Karnasis.6892

Karnasis.6892

I have a feeling the spikes in T6 mats today are gonna be the new norm. Or do you think it’ll balance out in a few weeks back to pre-legendary armor announcements.

I know myself I’m frustrated as I am working on Incinerator, and was hoping to be able to keep my costs lower with the 30-35 silver buy orders, but from say the Vials or Powerful Blood I need it went from being 75 gold to 96 gold (not a huge spike, but every gold counts).

Not complaining per say, just didn’t expect the announcement of legendary armors, or I would have bought my mats beforehand XD. Just more so concerned that these will be the new norm for pricing (as many of these mats hovered in the 30-35 silver range for a long time)

Trading Post Spikes

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

T6 materials are a pretty fluid market. The supply doesn’t stick around long so things should rebalance pretty quickly. Keep putting in your buy orders at the price you want to pay and they should eventually fill.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Trading Post Spikes

Posted by: Karnasis.6892

Karnasis.6892

Okay, cool, I mostly concerned this was going to be a permanent problem as there isn’t REALLY good sources to farm most of the T6 mats (well none that I know of that I don’t want to kill myself afterwards XD)

Trading Post Spikes

Posted by: UnbentMars.9126

UnbentMars.9126

Okay, cool, I mostly concerned this was going to be a permanent problem as there isn’t REALLY good sources to farm most of the T6 mats (well none that I know of that I don’t want to kill myself afterwards XD)

If you have spare laurels, buy heavy crafting bags from the laurel merchant

Rev, Ele, Burnzerker
“Beware he who would deny you access to information,
for in his heart he dreams himself your master.”

Trading Post Spikes

Posted by: thehipone.6812

thehipone.6812

LOL, the real fun is in T4 mats. Check out engraved totems. So many people rushing to get mats directly after a major announcement like legendary armor, even though it is the worst time time buy. It will settle back down in a bit.

Medium crafting mat bags for laurels are showing as 50% more return vs. heavy bags at the time of writing this.

Trading Post Spikes

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

https://www.gw2tp.com/item/24363-engraved-totem

Maybe I should just sell my T6 now and buy them all back later when I’ll need them.

Trading Post Spikes

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

It’s only spiking because of the legendary armour announcement. People are buying up stuff they suspect will be used, either for their own use or so they can sell it back to people at a (hopefully, for them) even higher price once the armour is released.

But give it a few weeks and it will calm down.

In the meantime if anyone has any mats they don’t want now is the time to sell.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Trading Post Spikes

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

It will be a temporary spike. It only spiked because a lot of people are trying to cash in on it quick, eithe rpeople who haven’t yet gathered the mats for leg armor, or people who are trying to gather as many aspossible , to then sell to people trying to craft leg armor.

And btw, your 21 gold “not a big spike” was about a 30% increase in spike, which is actually pretty noticeable, and in my opinion pretty sizeable. It only seems not that big because its just 20 gold, but its still quite noticeable nonetheless

Trading Post Spikes

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

https://www.gw2tp.com/item/24363-engraved-totem

Maybe I should just sell my T6 now and buy them all back later when I’ll need them.

I’ve never lost money doing that. (Although I’m fairly careful about when I sell, when I buy.)

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Trading Post Spikes

Posted by: DeanBB.4268

DeanBB.4268

Crud, here I haven’t been buying any spikes!

Trading Post Spikes

Posted by: Ookamikun.6472

Ookamikun.6472

So it’s time to SELL SELL SELL like in the stock market?

Trading Post Spikes

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Pact_Scout's_Mapping_Materials
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Map_bonus_reward

This is not a bad idea. Basically you can buy a few daily, and then you pick a map with a good rotation for map rewards, and use them all in the map.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.