Trading Precursors and other high value items

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Never.8571

Never.8571

I know it’s probably been said before, but I guess I’m feeling the effects now. I really wish there could be a trading system, for fairly obvious reasons. I had Dusk drop for me last night, but I just made Sunrise. I have no desire to make Twilight, or Eternity. Having a Trading system in game would easily allow people who have items that are similar in value to be traded between two people without having to drop ridiculous amounts of gold on TP fees.

“But gold sink!”

I know. However, why should we have to go through the hassle of paying to list the item, hoping it sells, taking the hit on the selling fee, then rebuilding enough gold to turn around and buy something that’s listed even cheaper than the item you’re selling?

Also, I know you can trade through in-game mail. But who could you even trust to do that?

inb4 Gem Store Trading Charges.

(edited by Never.8571)

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

Trading only makes RMT worse for third parties and causes an imbalance in the economy which would indirectly increase the price of getting gems with gold to an absurd amount.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

One of the reasons they cited prior to launch for intentionally not having direct trading was to cut down on scamming. Something that was pretty rampant (at times) in GW1. Considering the number of things that share the same icon image in this game, it would be an even bigger nightmare here.

Yes, some people are going to jump on this as point out that you should pay attention to what’s being traded, and I don’t disagree. However, that’s not going to stop the support tickets about being scammed from rolling in adding more to their workload.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Travis the Terrible.4739

Travis the Terrible.4739

One of the reasons they cited prior to launch for intentionally not having direct trading was to cut down on scamming. Something that was pretty rampant (at times) in GW1. Considering the number of things that share the same icon image in this game, it would be an even bigger nightmare here.

Yes, some people are going to jump on this as point out that you should pay attention to what’s being traded, and I don’t disagree. However, that’s not going to stop the support tickets about being scammed from rolling in adding more to their workload.

Only idiots got scammed. Just sayin.

Follow the darkness into the depths, it’s more fun than the light can provide.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

And I don’t necessarily disagree, as I stated before.

That doesn’t stop it from happening. It only takes a moment of inattention to detail (doesn’t necessarily make the person an idiot, but I’m sure it’d make them feel stupid at least temporarily). And then it’s just ‘one more thing’ they have to deal with.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

If you want to avoid the TP fees, just sell it to someone you can trust from your guild, or someone who is a trusted friend. Even better if you sell it to them for a much cheaper price, since that would pretty much make you the best video game friend ever!

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

Posted by: calyx.9086

calyx.9086

So you got an expensive drop and are QQing about TP fees…. Just sell the kitten thing and be happy you are 800g or so richer.

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

No – there was a flaw in the system whereby you could actually make it seem like you were trading and it taken w/o any remuneration. This went on for more than 1 year, with this flaw.

Saying it was just idiots, is condescending and not helpful to the discussion what so ever.

Posted by: Lamir.6702

Lamir.6702

No – there was a flaw in the system whereby you could actually make it seem like you were trading and it taken w/o any remuneration. This went on for more than 1 year, with this flaw.

Saying it was just idiots, is condescending and not helpful to the discussion what so ever.

Tools are there to be used, and if people aren’t smart enough to use them properly then that is their fault. Your comparison to GW1 is a false comparison because you assume that the same “flaw” (poor system design) would be present in a GW2 version if it were to be built. Even if they claim it’s to reduce scamming, a p2p trade system probably wouldn’t ever be implemented anyway due to RMT issues and less gold sinks (it’s intended for you to have to trade the item on the TP).