Trahearne is a Necromancer?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Klipso.8653

Klipso.8653

So i was doing my personal story mission, when Trahearne summons something like 4 flesh golems and 3 shadow beasts.
So if he is actually a necromancer, does that mean hes been playing the HoT beta for 3 years? cause he still has a greatsword.

Attachments:

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Why did you think development has taken so long with Trahearne providing the feedback?

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Yes, Trahearne is a necromancer. And no, the use of the Caladbolg have nothing at all to do with the Reaper.
In fact, any profession can use the very same sword if they play as Sylvari.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

bossmancer

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: Kitty La Boom Boom.4065

Kitty La Boom Boom.4065

Why did you think development has taken so long with Trahearne providing the feedback?

IKR..Every time the devs said “Hey..we should give PC Necros a GS!” he just replied “This won’t end well”. Then Mordy made his grand entrance and all bets were off ;P

Posted by: Klipso.8653

Klipso.8653

He’ll probably take credit for development too

Kitty La Boom Boom.4065

Yes, Trahearne is a necromancer. And no, the use of the Caladbolg have nothing at all to do with the Reaper.

Only in the Personal Story instances that require it ;P

Kitty La Boom Boom.4065

He’ll probably take credit for development too

No doubt -_-;
Please! I want to find out in HoT that he got turned and we finally get to kill him off, Bwhahahahahaha!!!

..Also, Tybalt somehow survived and has been recovering from his trauma in an Itzel village.

(edited by Kitty La Boom Boom.4065)

Posted by: Zaron.1987

Zaron.1987

So i was doing my personal story mission, when Trahearne summons something like 4 flesh golems and 3 shadow beasts.
So if he is actually a necromancer, does that mean hes been playing the HoT beta for 3 years? cause he still has a greatsword.

trahaerne can be everything he want!

he is the boss!

traherne >>>>>>>>>>chuck norris

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Yes, he’s a necromancer. When you meet him at Claw Island, one of the NPCs even says something like “The necromancer? What’s he doing here?”

Trahearne can use the GS because the Pale Tree was all “Here’s this epic sword that the Sylvari player character retrieved for me; I realize that you don’t know how to use one, since you’re a necromancer, but I’m going to give it to you anyway because you’re my favorite.”

Before she gave him that sword, he didn’t use one. He was just a (very, very crappy) necromancer.

Posted by: Zaron.1987

Zaron.1987

He was just a (very, very crappy) necromancer.

blasphemy O.o

but seriously:
Roseo is right. Thats the story of trahaerne as first necro with greatsword

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Trahearne is about as much Necromancer as a drunk childrens party clown is a Navy Seal.

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

maybe follow the dialogue a bit next time

Depending on your race you meet him for the first time in the grove (sylvari) or at claw island (other races). he starts out fighting with normal weapons untill he is given caladbolgh during the storymission “A light in the darkness”. Caladbolgh looks like a greatsword, but is actually a bundle made from the bark of the pale tree. It has unique skills. the players can use caladbolgh and its skills when doing the sylvari personal story. The level 30 arc is made around retrieving the Caladbolgh from a human who stole it and using it to destroy a lich.

So yes he is a necromancer and no he yielding Caladbolgh has nothing to do with the reaper.

(ow and if you played that sylvari story, you would understand Trahearne a lot better. If my mum is making me fight with such a crappy sword, I would moarn “this wont end well” all the time as well)

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Posted by: Kumion.7580

Kumion.7580

Trahearne is a Mary Sue. It doesn’t matter that his nominal class is necro; he can do it all.

Posted by: Arioso.8519

Arioso.8519

A lot of NPCs are like that though. The ones that are important tend to be more powerful but more specialized than players. Like in Traherne’s case he has more powerful minions and can summon more of them, but he doesn’t use death shroud or wells. It’d be interesting if that’s because he actually can’t.

He probably will count as a reaper once he resurfaces, but might have his own set of (pact-commander-ish) shouts. Or if he’s mordremoth corrupted he’d probably be a full-on brutal reaper using extra-OP reaper shouts as a mordrem commander.

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

Prediction :

Trahearne gets corrupted, is going to pull a Scarlet, and will be one of the final bosses of the expansion until he is “saved” and marries Caith to raise deadly little flowers and a baby Glint.

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

Prediction :

Trahearne gets corrupted, is going to pull a Scarlet, and will be one of the final bosses of the expansion until he is “saved” and marries Caith to raise deadly little flowers and a baby Glint.

+1 for awesome.

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Only in the Personal Story instances that require it ;P

Well, Trahearne can only use it in the Personal Story instances that require it, so that’s fair.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Mitch.4781

Mitch.4781

Trahearne is infinitly prefferable to that ditz Kasmeer. How are we to believe that, such a stereotypical bimbo is some sort of super mesmer. I REALLY hope the writing and characterisation improves with HOT cos season 2 was worse than a teen soap opera.