Trailer: "One Path Ends"

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Thought you might enjoy today’s trailer release: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/watch-the-trailer-for-one-path-ends/

Enjoy!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

I watched, and while I was in awe of al, the epicness, I had some trouble decyphering the point of the trailer. It was very hectic, jumping from view to view.. I honestly cant tell what the story’s going to be about.

But it does seem to confirm that if we dont knock out Braham and cut his bow in half the world might verybwell end

Posted by: Vesuvius.9874

Vesuvius.9874

Pardon the caps in advance.

HOLY BAJEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

I’M AT WORK AND CAN’T CONTAIN THE EXCITEMENT!!!!

THANKS ANET!!! NOW I CAN’T GET ANYTHING DONE >_>

cough ahem… thank you for the trailer

Vesuvius.9874

I watched, and while I was in awe of al, the epicness, I had some trouble decyphering the point of the trailer. It was very hectic, jumping from view to view.. I honestly cant tell what the story’s going to be about

From what I can gather, it looks like we’re searching for allies among the Elder Dragon minions (specifically Risen) as a way to fight Balthazar.

Some friends become enemies, some enemies become friends.

Posted by: Flatley.1620

Flatley.1620

About a third of the way through I had to do
a double take as I thought I saw Mr. Crow
from Unreal Tournament…

i75820K@4.4ghz Noctua NHU14S GTX980TiSC
SoundblasterZ AsusX99Pro 512GBM2SSD 1TBSSD
3TBHDD 16gbRAM Corsair900D Win10Pro Corsair rmi1000w ethernet 100 down, 6 up

Posted by: Khailyn.6248

Khailyn.6248

Really excited to go back to Orr.

‘Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back.’

Posted by: Seteruss.4058

Seteruss.4058

If another dragon dies we all die…..hmm

Is it luck or skill keeping you alive?

Posted by: moonstarmac.4603

moonstarmac.4603

From what I can see, the undead…the ones left behind by Zhaithan, have found a new master. Now, who do we know from history that controls the undead and is not that far away from Orr? Joko.

Jade Council~ Jade Sea Haven [JADE]
System – Luna One: R-Matrix
https://pcpartpicker.com/b/Ny4qqs

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

Admit, excited. Also hoping that at the end we get work on the next XPac. Is it Tuesday yet?

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

Posted by: videoboy.4162

videoboy.4162

It’s that voice at the end, really who it sounds like?!

squeals

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

I’m sad I’ll be out of town when the patch drops (and will have to avoid spoilers until I’m back home). Good trailer.

Posted by: SeranusGaming.7362

SeranusGaming.7362

squeals

I think that’s Jennifer Hale (aka, Commander Shepard).

Kara “Tiptoes” Sheridan (Ranger)
Tarnished Coast Roleplayers [TCRP]
“Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.”

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

lol at the end:
“go ahead, save the world. save tyria.”
I was thinking, again? kinda like how in that series taken with liam neeson it just keeps on happening again and again lol. welp, time to dust off me ol sword peoplesaver.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

@Gaile Gray Any available article that has more info on the release as well as picture of the maps and the legendary maybe?

Posted by: videoboy.4162

videoboy.4162

squeals

I think that’s Jennifer Hale (aka, Commander Shepard).

The woman at the very end sounded like Mari Weiss (if you know who she voiced/voices).

Posted by: perilisk.1874

perilisk.1874

Now, who do we know from history that controls the undead and is not that far away from Orr?

Livia?

Ceterum censeo Sentim Punicam esse delendam

Posted by: Khailyn.6248

Khailyn.6248

When i saw the lich looking undead I thought it was a possible return of Khilbron. Perhaps brought back by Zhaitan and has been in hiding, but I’m sure thats wishful thinking on my part.

‘Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back.’

Vesuvius.9874

Khilbron is in the Realm of Torment. Highly doubt that’s him. Seems like a risen wraith/priest but of high rank and importance.

Posted by: perilisk.1874

perilisk.1874

Is it possible that the lava monsters are reimagined titans? If Livia is involved, the Scepter of Orr is involved, and while it can allegedly control the undead, it is best known for controlling the titans. They could possibly compete with B for fire energies?

Ceterum censeo Sentim Punicam esse delendam

Posted by: DirtyDan.4759

DirtyDan.4759

When i saw the lich looking undead I thought it was a possible return of Khilbron. Perhaps brought back by Zhaitan and has been in hiding, but I’m sure thats wishful thinking on my part.

A dead bad guy, who is “alive” that is now an ally? Freezer, is that you?

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

From what I can gather, it looks like we’re searching for allies among the Elder Dragon minions (specifically Risen) as a way to fight Balthazar.

Some friends become enemies, some enemies become friends.

I really, really hope this means we will be able to play as Risen in the xpac, Ive been wanting this for years now, it’s exciting to think it could be a possibility.

Posted by: Moira Shalaar.5620

Moira Shalaar.5620

I really, really hope this means we will be able to play as Risen in the xpac, Ive been wanting this for years now, it’s exciting to think it could be a possibility.

I wouldn’t suggest getting to excited about that. My own opinion is that it is highly unlikely. I think they are teasing playing alongside NPC risen allies, not a PC. Woodenpotatoes has laid out some really good speculative arguments why a new playable race is probably NOT in the works, many of which would still apply to Risen/Undead/Mordrem.

mid-2011 iMac; OSX 10.9.5; 3.4 GHz Core i7;
16GB RAM; AMD Radeon 6970M 2GB VRAM

Posted by: WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

seriously yet again DISAPPOINTED !! only one reason to even do this is so it does not cost 200 gems from the story and hope maybe you might get a mastery point out of it . otherwise 2 seconds of non playable stuff yet again from anet and ncsoft . as well as another reason to not even buy the so called new pack if it even comes out at all . as i am sure yet again anet will not be doing any game upgrades at all with the new pack . things like SLI support or crossfire with dx11 and 12 . unlike the new games that are coming out . heck this game probably will not even be able to use the new Ryzen Ripper on it at all even will be honestly shocked if it did .

no new system upgrades coming

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

seriously yet again DISAPPOINTED !! only one reason to even do this is so it does not cost 200 gems from the story and hope maybe you might get a mastery point out of it . otherwise 2 seconds of non playable stuff yet again from anet and ncsoft . as well as another reason to not even buy the so called new pack if it even comes out at all . as i am sure yet again anet will not be doing any game upgrades at all with the new pack . things like SLI support or crossfire with dx11 and 12 . unlike the new games that are coming out . heck this game probably will not even be able to use the new Ryzen Ripper on it at all even will be honestly shocked if it did .

Well considering the people screamed we want content not features when hot released. I dubt anet would keep focusing on sli support or crossfire or even dx11 or 12 you know features the thing we yelled at them the last time for implementing, since thats not content the people want to play.

Edit
We get it you want the game upgraded, you stated so countless times before.
Why you would even think a living story episode would deliver that is kinda hard to understand to be honest.

Posted by: Keadron.9570

Keadron.9570

This is nice and all but can we get trailer for the next specializations soon?

Vesuvius.9874

I’m guessing that won’t be in the summer. Almost guaranteed actually. More likely towards the end of the year or early next year.

Posted by: Alek Seven.2374

Alek Seven.2374

There were ’’trailers’’ of the elite specs before they were released one-by-one . It was official released btw.

https://youtu.be/hFRDATOe6lE heres one of them.

Vesuvius.9874

There were ’’trailers’’ of the elite specs before they were released one-by-one . It was official released btw.

https://youtu.be/hFRDATOe6lE heres one of them.

He’s talking about new specializations that will be available with the new expansion. Not the existing ones.

Alek Seven.2374

If we are Lucky Anet will do the same for the new ones.

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

I wouldn’t suggest getting to excited about that. My own opinion is that it is highly unlikely. I think they are teasing playing alongside NPC risen allies, not a PC. Woodenpotatoes has laid out some really good speculative arguments why a new playable race is probably NOT in the works, many of which would still apply to Risen/Undead/Mordrem.

To late I am excited :P I actually think they really need to give us a new playable race for this 2nd xpac, people were disappointed that we didn’t get one with the first xpac, so I’m hoping they are going to address that this time.

Also a new race would mean they sell a lot of character slots, plus the fact we are 5 years deep into this game, there are plenty of good reasons why we should have a new race imo.

(edited by Vavume.8065)

Keadron.9570

Hopefully soon though to be honest ele determines whether I buy it or not

Alek Seven.2374

Engi, Rev and Mesmer are making me curious and Ele really need a real Melee weapon, not like that dagger posing as a melee with its 600 range.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

With all the jump cuts I was thinking you got Zach Snyder to edit it.

Yes it tells us NOTHING other than it looks like we’re some place new in Orr. Are those NPCs or player stand ins? Where is anyone else from Dragon’s Watch? Not even an image of Balthazar. Don’t know. That would be telling.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Keadron.9570

Engi, Rev and Mesmer are making me curious and Ele really need a real Melee weapon, not like that dagger posing as a melee with its 600 range.

As long as it’s a full damage spec for ele (rip healbot) I’m game. Though they will have to look at some of the balance changes they’ve done to core ele, rather than reigning tempest in, to make a melee weapon work for ele

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

The jumpy editing and corny opening exposition make it seem like a high-school creative arts project.

Posted by: flog.3485

flog.3485

To late I am excited :P I actually think they really need to give us a new playable race for this 2nd xpac, people were disappointed that we didn’t get one with the first xpac, so I’m hoping they are going to address that this time.

Also a new race would mean they sell a lot of character slots, plus the fact we are 5 years deep into this game, there are plenty of good reasons why we should have a new race imo.

Yeah new race won’t happen. However in recent LS our characters were turned into mursaats, jormag minion and white mantle. So we could transform into an undead in order to form an alliance with them. We also might be able to purchase a tonic with karma.

Posted by: Megastorm.6219

Megastorm.6219

I’m guessing the unlikely allies will be some gods, and a dragon. We’ll probably make deals with both or one in order to imprison the dragon we cannot control. We’re going to need the help of gods and dragons in order to handle the power of both, without killing another dragon. I’m just guessing here.

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

My guess after today’s preview: Path of Fire

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Posted by: Klypto.1703

Klypto.1703

This trailer was great their was excitement and confusion at the same time. The only parts I sort of understood were the parts where it showed things that look like they may have come from the other continents(like the one guy looks kind of like an elonial noble). Swordmaster Faren will save us though.

Posted by: Fivona.5061

Fivona.5061

Where is trailer ? I see only old recap…

RoseofGilead.8907

The trailer is what you watched; it wasn’t a recap.

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

Not even an image of Balthazar.

Actually, he was in said trailer. But everything else you said is accurate. I, too, wonder about our merry band of companions. Interesting, though, to see a wraith and a ghost in the trailer. Also, Anise will be back.

Posted by: WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

Well considering the people screamed we want content not features when hot released. I dubt anet would keep focusing on sli support or crossfire or even dx11 or 12 you know features the thing we yelled at them the last time for implementing, since thats not content the people want to play.

Edit
Why you would even think a living story episode would deliver that is kinda hard to understand to be honest.

you missed my first part of what i had to say on and about the LS and i am not the only one on this case in point all the 4K threads on here and asking for better UI . as well too . so ahh i did have something to say about this trailer .but also wanted to add some other information to this as well . but its ok i can see how you missed that part LOL

no new system upgrades coming

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Not even an image of Balthazar.

Actually, he was in said trailer. But everything else you said is accurate. I, too, wonder about our merry band of companions. Interesting, though, to see a wraith and a ghost in the trailer. Also, Anise will be back.

Forgot he was in the recap portion but nothing new.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Arzurag.7506

Arzurag.7506

Edit

you missed my first part of what i had to say on and about the LS and i am not the only one on this case in point all the 4K threads on here and asking for better UI . as well too . so ahh i did have something to say about this trailer .but also wanted to add some other information to this as well . but its ok i can see how you missed that part LOL

You didn´t even mention UI in the first place.

Walking’s good, fighting’s better, fcking’s best

Posted by: Decrypter.1785

Decrypter.1785

The ghostly wraith looked like grenth ?

[WM]give us in game ladder

Posted by: Seyiwaji.4082

Seyiwaji.4082

let’s talk truth poorly made trailer.
The only thing, that made it a bit enjoyable is:

The Epic theme that Maclaine Diemer made.

this is all, beside that goose bumps impressive music that he did, this trailer is nothing but garbage

(edited by Seyiwaji.4082)

RoseofGilead.8907

The trailer is what you watched; it wasn’t a recap.

I do say.

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

Has anyone else noticed the acronym is the same as the code in Dr. Strangelove?

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

forum bug fixit post