Training manual refund?

Training manual refund?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: IceBlink.4317

IceBlink.4317

I’ve noticed on some of my younger alts, they are carrying Master’s and Grandmaster’s Training Manuals. As these will be rendered obsolete after the patch, is there a way to get a refund for these by contacting support, or maybe a NPC will be updated to accept these back for at least some of the cost in buying them?

Training manual refund?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Doubtful. There was advance notice given, so you could have used them. I believe there was a Dev post about this, you could check the Dev Post threads. Good luck.

Training manual refund?

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

They will not be rendered obsolete after the patch. No need for a reimbursement for their cost.
Re-read the trait blog, seems I missed a paragraph last time. Ignore my response please.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

(edited by StinVec.3621)

Training manual refund?

Posted by: Trixie.7614

Trixie.7614

Jesus dude… Seriously? Training manuals? Are you THAT cheap? Wow, I can imagine the forums after a day or 2. “Please arena net refund my junk items! I lost 5 silver!!!”. Tell me how much were your tomes and I’ll send you the gold.

Glorious Human Master Race

Training manual refund?

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

why are you guys hoarding on these items anyway? Has there ever been something like a sale? To my knowledge, they have always been the same price and they serve only one function. Clearly Anet cannot take all of the most exotic behaviour into consideration.

Training manual refund?

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

This reminded me I had a Master Manual unused on one of my characters. Was able to sell it instantly for 74 silver to recoup some of its cost. Still a ton of buy orders on the TP, can sell them immediately and recoup most of their cost before the people yank their buy orders or the items are removed or deleted.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

Training manual refund?

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

These manuals are also soul bound so hoarding them makes no sense since you can only use them once.

Training manual refund?

Posted by: Jornophelanthas.1475

Jornophelanthas.1475

They are not soulbound, and they are tradable on the tradepost.

Those that are on offer throughout most of the game’s existence so far probably fall into one of two categories:

1. People who accidentally bought a training manual that they were not going to use, and try to sell it a tad cheaper, in order to recoup some of their losses. (Better to pay tradepost tax and listing fee than losing the full cost of the item.)

2. People who try to profit from naïve players who don’t know where to get manuals. These try to offer training manuals at prices higher than the trainer sells them for.

I wonder what will happen to the item after the patch. Will all buy orders be cancelled and the funds returned? Will all sell orders be cancelled and the manuals returned?

My personal hope is that the code for all existing manuals will be rewritten so that they may be consumed in order to recoup their original cost.

Training manual refund?

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

… they aren’t soul bound. You can buy them on the TP. Didn’t know it till yesterday.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Training manual refund?

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

ok, if you traded them, I can see how you end up with a few unused – though I never saw any profit in them on a noteworthy scale, mostly people cutting their losses after an accidental purchase I guess. Anyway, if you play the market, this is a normal risk and certainly nothing to be reimbursed.

Training manual refund?

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

ok, if you traded them, I can see how you end up with a few unused – though I never saw any profit in them on a noteworthy scale, mostly people cutting their losses after an accidental purchase I guess. Anyway, if you play the market, this is a normal risk and certainly nothing to be reimbursed.

I agree.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Training manual refund?

Posted by: Lazuli.2098

Lazuli.2098

I forgot I had already bought one for my mesmer. When I realized it I decided to start my third mesmer but she is only at level 30 right now so can’t read the manual yet. Thanks for the advice. Will try to sell it on the TP.

Training manual refund?

Posted by: IceBlink.4317

IceBlink.4317

I bought them for my younger levels so they wouldn’t have to go buy it later. This was before the trait changes was announced.

And no, it’s not “5 silver”, master is 1 gold and grandmaster is 2 gold.

My two alts who are in possession of them are level 27, so no, I’m not gonna be able to level to 60 just to use them. :o

Training manual refund?

Posted by: Shockwave.1230

Shockwave.1230

The devs stated in a live stream that existing characters would be grandfathered into the new system. Is there any reason to believe characters with these manuals wouldn’t be able to use them?

Added: ready up episode 8 I believe was the live stream where they discuss the new trait system grandfathering existing characters in.

Sylvari Elementalist – Mystree Duskbloom (Lv 80)
Norn Guardian – Aurora Lustyr (Lv 80)
Mia A Shadows Glow – Human Thief (Lv 80)

(edited by Shockwave.1230)

Training manual refund?

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

The devs stated in a live stream that existing characters would be grandfathered into the new system. Is there any reason to believe characters with these manuals wouldn’t be able to use them?

Added: ready up episode 8 I believe was the live stream where they discuss the new trait system grandfathering existing characters in.

You cant use the manuals after the update because you will be automatically unlocking them at specific levels now. And the grandfathering comment was regarding the new system of unlocking the traits (fighting a particular boss, etc) where existing characters would not have to do that.

Training manual refund?

Posted by: Shockwave.1230

Shockwave.1230

You cant use the manuals after the update because you will be automatically unlocking them at specific levels now. And the grandfathering comment was regarding the new system of unlocking the traits (fighting a particular boss, etc) where existing characters would not have to do that.

That’s unfortunate for me, my three characters in their 20s have the master and grandmaster books in their inventory.

Sylvari Elementalist – Mystree Duskbloom (Lv 80)
Norn Guardian – Aurora Lustyr (Lv 80)
Mia A Shadows Glow – Human Thief (Lv 80)

Training manual refund?

Posted by: DaedalusDragon.3754

DaedalusDragon.3754

Jesus dude… Seriously? Training manuals? Are you THAT cheap? Wow, I can imagine the forums after a day or 2. “Please arena net refund my junk items! I lost 5 silver!!!”. Tell me how much were your tomes and I’ll send you the gold.

I lost 3k gold on training manuals… can I haz refund? o.o please

Training manual refund?

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

I lost 3k gold on training manuals… can I haz refund? o.o please

That’s nothing, I’ve lost 5k on training manuals in the Mystic Toilet!!

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….