Traits. How can we earn more?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Kumu Honua.2751

Kumu Honua.2751

People have been playing for 1.5 years. 3 months is a drop in the bucket and not really a gate.

Additionally, there are people who already have 8000 skill points. Let alone those who have a billion scrolls from the champ trains.

On top of all that, the traits are meant to differentiate each player. Not make everyone the same (As it would be if you were to get all traits.)

Personally, I am ALWAYS wishing for those 10 more points for skills I want but can’t quite reach, but all of them? Nah.

Sylvari Guardian. – Dragonbrand.

Posted by: Tai Kratos.3247

Tai Kratos.3247

This just isn’t realistic, I don’t think. I don’t mean to be a downer (most people get attacked for suggestions) but I can’t think of a way this would be a good thing.

I think I have two problems with it: first, the entire point of having limited trait points to apply is that it allows for specialization and customization: if, in the end, you have max trait points, then why bother having it be an option for customization in the first place?

Secondly, having that much grind to reach what would effectively become the new max level would create a huge rift between elite players and casuals that would break the game. Imagine a majority of the population getting refused party participation because of lack of skill points.

So limited trait points = specialization, and full capability achieved earlier on = ability based on skill, not hours played. (Which has been the basic slogan of GW since forever.)

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

This is an example of what a Korean game would look like, on easy mode.

Posted by: Tai Kratos.3247

Tai Kratos.3247

This is an example of what a Korean game would look like, on easy mode.

Hahaha, yes. That is true.