Trans splitters / repair canisters

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: leila.7962

leila.7962

I don’t know if there was a warning about trans splitters not being on the shop anymore, but today I wanted to buy one and apparently it’s not being sold anymore.. yet repair canisters that will be less needed from now on are being sold still..

What happened? Will it ever be back?

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Trans splitters have gone since they will not be needed after the feature patch hits. All existing ones will be converted into Transmutation Charges.

Posted by: leila.7962

leila.7962

Oh great :/ because I wanted the old skin I had before on my mesmer greatsword.. thought of recovering it for the upcoming patch since its a SAB tribulation w2 skin..would take me longer to get it back from there than just using a trans splitter..

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

If the item has just been transmuted once, you will also unlock the previous skin.

If you currently have items that have been transmuted, you will unlock the appearance for both the first item used for stats and the last item used for appearance in your final transmuted item. This means that if you have only transmuted a given item once (for example, if you’ve used a single Transmutation Stone to combine the appearance of Dawn with the stats of another greatsword) you’ll unlock the skins for both items in that transmutation.

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

Repair canisters will still be as useful.
They’re not removing armor damage, just the cost of repairing.

Posted by: Zorby.8236

Zorby.8236

I always forget to repair my armor, the only cue in for me is when I’m running around pantsless. So repair canisters are god sent in the middle of fractal runs.

~This is the internet, my (or your) opinion doesn’t matter~

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

I always forget to repair my armor, the only cue in for me is when I’m running around pantsless. So repair canisters are god sent in the middle of fractal runs.

What you need are emergency pants.

Attachments:

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Heron.6859

Heron.6859

What will happen to the people who transmuted their legendary for fun on an sub80 alt?
Without a splitter, the stats of the legendary are now irreversible…

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

I used a tranny splitter to remove a generosity sigil+ skin from an ascended weapon. How to remove sigils without breaking weapon naow? Also will something be done about unsalvagable items like those rip-off invader weapons?

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.