Transfer ORDER Armors to different toon?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: jayvux.4128

jayvux.4128

Is this possible (still)?
I want to wear a certain Order’s armor that is not relevant to the Order I am currently in. I heard there are ways such as transmuting it to release its state of being soulbound to account bound and whatnot

GM of Leaders [LEAD]
Server: Darkhaven (fb.com/groups/guildwars2darkhaven)
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheJayvux

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

Use transmutation crystal, and transmute to white item > item becomes account bound > move to other character, and use another transmutation crystal (or transmutation stone if transferring to lvl 78 exotic or something)

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

Posted by: jayvux.4128

jayvux.4128

I just tried it. In red letters it stated that any transmutations will make the item soulbound :l

GM of Leaders [LEAD]
Server: Darkhaven (fb.com/groups/guildwars2darkhaven)
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheJayvux

Posted by: Raire.7983

Raire.7983

It always warns that, but should actually become “Account Bound” if using a low level white item. “Should” because I’ve never tried it with orders armor – so I can’t promise there’s no risk!

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

I did it about a month ago for my low level mesmer with the Whispers chest item that I bought with my 80 elementalist using the transmutation crystal → white item trick.

Posted by: Saturn.6591

Saturn.6591

As already stated; it works. I’ve just done it like a week or two ago, and my Mesmer (who’s with the Priory) can now wear two pieces of Whispers-armor when I switch to a powerbuild.

Posted by: Zorby.8236

Zorby.8236

Can confirm it very much still works, Priory character rocking Vigil boots. Costs 2 crystals though (Also possible with starting gear). I don’t have a source, but I recall seeing ANet having no problem with the possibility…

~This is the internet, my (or your) opinion doesn’t matter~

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Just another reason to make all loot like this account bound and not character bound, smh.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!