Transfer in relation to guild questions

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: UseLess.3684

UseLess.3684

Since I have no clue where to exactly post this question, I decided to post it here. Mods feel free to move it to a more appropriate place.

So here is the thing: due to some recent developments on my server (Piken Square)and in my guild, the WvW has become rather uninteresting for me lately. I am pondering whether or not to transfer to another server for more enjoyment in WvW. The main problem is that I am the guild leader of my guild and really enjoy hanging out with the people there. The consequences of me transfering to another server in relation to my guild are not totally clear and I have several questions about that. I know that if I would transfer, I will start building up a new influence pool on that server and lose access to the guild bank. Neither of these are much of a problem.
However, I do want to be able to activate guild missions on Piken, queue upgrades and stuff, i.e. be in control of the guild still.

If I transfer to another server and guest on Piken, will I then be capable of doing this? Or is with my transfer any access to the ‘Piken guild’ totally lost and will the game only see me as some loner on another server, with practically another guild? If I guest on Piken, will I earn influence for the Piken guild, or still for the one on my new home server?
In short: to what extend is it possible to control and participate in your guild on a different server via guesting?

Thanks in advance for your replies!

Posted by: Berformet.2981

Berformet.2981

you’ll have to get some1 on piken side to activate them. any data no piken side (upgrades, banners, boosters, missins etc.) are linked to piken square and can only be initiated by some1 on that side. guesting doesnt change anything in relation to guild privillages.

/) /)
(^.^)b Cmdr Whíte Rabbit, The Bunny Mesmer
d(“)(”) Alias: Thalia Cereus, Cisna Brightwell, Toxic Bunny

Posted by: UseLess.3684

UseLess.3684

Thanks for the fast reply, too bad about the answer, not what I hoped to hear. How I wish I could just transfer one character rather than my whole account…

Berformet.2981

yh i moved server a few months ago and didnt know about the guild bank thing, so we moved and left a bank with 1 tab full of goods on our old server lol. still trying to find a way around transferring back in order to get them back :<

/) /)

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

yh i moved server a few months ago and didnt know about the guild bank thing, so we moved and left a bank with 1 tab full of goods on our old server lol. still trying to find a way around transferring back in order to get them back :<

Hmm I don’t know but you could try to have someone on your old server join the guild and then empty the bank and send everything to you?

You would have to find someone trustworthy of course lol.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Posted by: LHound.8964

LHound.8964

Let me get this straight…

… You are the Guild Leader and you want to jump boat first?

—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-
Charr’s need more Love. All is Vain
—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-

Posted by: Ashabhi.1365

Ashabhi.1365

My original guild was split between NA and EU for a long time because we didn’tknow how guesting was going to be implemented. Each server, as you already know, has their own influence pool and upgrades, and the two do not mix. Your options are:

1. Transfer and start over, leaving the other “branch” of the guild in capable hands.

…and that’s about it. Unfortunately, transferring servers is basically like starting a new guild every time. Only the name and member list transfers with you.

In fact, I started another guild after I left my old one mostly for the bank storage. When I moved to a server with a higher population in relation to my play times, I lost that as well, even though I was the only person in my guild at the time.

Please think carefully as to why you’re leaving before you go.

Level 80 Elementalist

Berformet.2981

You would have to find someone trustworthy of course lol.

lol. and there lies my probelm :p i already asked a few friends from my old server but they all had 5 guilds already and since it was just 2 of us in the guild and we both transferred from EU – NA we have no real close contacts over there :s so i had an idea to make a trial acc using my bros email and transfer the goods but left it too late. ill try it again next time the free trial period is in place.

/) /)

(edited by Berformet.2981)